3P FIGURE YOU OWN(ED) YOU HAVE THE MOST DISDAIN FOR?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Jtotheiso187, Jun 14, 2018.

1. CowboyFromHell

CowboyFromHell Shake 'N Bake

JinBao Feral Rex looks great can't stay standing or pose for shit. I have to prop him up against the back of the cabinet. Zero posability. None. Love to hate it.

• Like Like x 2
  2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    :lol  I really just own the one but Peru Kill kinda turned me off 3P for good. It's all style, no substance. It's got an amazing transformation and that's about it, but the articulation, sculpt, accuracy and proportions all take a hit.

Still, that transformation. Magic. But magic that's quickly lost once you're left with a T. Rex-armed robot and one hell of a deformed Lamborghini.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Tonyshotz

Tonyshotz Well-Known Member

Boost and Hatch, without question! Hate the transformation, I had parts fall off as soon I picked it up and again mid transformation, the plastic feels thin/weak and the mismatched colors are an eyesore. Made me swear off KFC/XTB from their initial release to about 6 months ago when I got a great deal on Pean who's not perfect but his quality was vastly superior and then I gave their Cosmos a chance and hes great. I still don't trust their products that came out in that same time period (as Boost & Hatch) but I'm down for their new stuff. Boost and Hatch will hang around until a replacement is available (the sooner the better) but they will never be transformed again and they have my eternal ire.

The only other one would be, maybe, Toyworld Evilastar. The transformation is terribly complicated for a pretty weak end result. Alt modes are good but the bot mode is just not the Astrotrain I wanted. This ones on me though, it was my first 3rd party figure and I didn't really know what I wanted out of it, I'm much more discerning as a grizzled veteran of 3P and Evilastar is partly to thank for that. I have him boxed up and ready to sell if anyone is interested.

• Like Like x 3
  4. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Xovergen - TF-02 God Armor!
    Compare to Xovergen trailerforce, this is 10 times worse. After I got the figure, I publicly wished the company will go bankrupt in the God Armor's discussion thread, and looks like it did! ;) 

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  5. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

This list made me laugh....not what you picked but just the way you described them. #1 is classic and if I could get "Just shit in a box" into my signature line somewhere...I probably would :D 

6. iluvkos

iluvkos Well-Known Member

This guy. I find the transformation to be near impossible without creating crazy stress marks, especially those shoulders.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Bloodstriker

Bloodstriker Well-Known Member

DX9 WIP Slag. Seriously, the legs took me hours to figure out.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    I had no problem. My beef with them are, did an idiot design them?

• Like Like x 3
  9. TFDAD

TFDAD Well-Known Member

I like to be able to flip my TFs back and forth without instructions so my "disdain" may be a bit different than most. So...here it goes...

Hateful (as Skullface would say)
    BC Warpath - Beautiful in both modes, but zero fun getting there. Not for me.
    XTB Boost - This guy is a straight up dickhead. I hated the clearance issues.

Honorable Mention
    FT Willis - love both modes, but the transformation isn't fun (again...clearance) and those ankles stink like my ass after a 95 degree day in the sun
    FT Kickback - Again, beautiful bot mode, but it's too fiddly and I was always afraid to break it
    FT Perceptor - He's "One ugly Mother..." in both modes.
    BC Gears - Great bot mode, but tabbing that damn front end in alt mode made me want to smash it like hulk

I own zero of the above figures anymore. When I don't like it...it's gone.

Oddly enough, I never found XTB Apollyon or MP-09 Rodimus that bad. Yeah, they have lots of moving parts, but I thought both made sense. I don't own either bot anymore though.

• Like Like x 5
  10. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Maketoys Quantron and Fansproject Intimidator. Those over-complicated, over-engineered figures really sucked all the fun out of a combiner team. I felt a palpable sense of "good riddance" when I sold them.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Jtotheiso187

Jtotheiso187 Well-Known Member

That was the nail in the shit coffin for me.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't really HATE any of my 3P stuff. Probably wouldn't have bought them if I did. Plenty of official stuff (I actually own the Titanium Prime and megatron - those are the worst - all the limbs literally fall off if you bump them.)

But probably the weakest is Bold Forms Gladius.
    Very meh to look at, lousy finish, loose and floppy and a nightmare to transform. But he's one of the ew Megatron triple changers available so, he has that going for him.

• Like Like x 2
  13. hayabusa

hayabusa Skyfire

DX9 invisible had to put in trash jus kept guns waste of 80 $ still haunts me to this day

• Like Like x 1
  14. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ocular Max OMNE

A beautiful sculpt of one of my favorite characters. One look at him and none of the other 3P Cosmos were even remotely acceptable to me.

Which is why I hate MMCs "quality control" team with the fury of a thousand suns. OMNE turned to dust in my hands. The failure rate on these guys was so high that I didn't even bother asking for a replacement. First and only time I just straight-up asked my retailer for a refund.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    MMC Cynicus.
    Without a doubt.
    Every time I give that toy a funny look a piece breaks.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Likewise.

I like Lockdown and enjoy MMC figures but that figure really annoyed me.

17. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    XTB Eligos: not too bad, but still my less favorite QC wise.

FT sovereign: good figure overall, but I don't like the friction joints for the outward movement of the legs... I hate friction joints on those parts.

AAT El Cid: some parts tend to fall off easily on one of my copies. One hinge broke when transforming him to truck mode. Everything else is ok!

• Like Like x 1
  18. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Thankfully, I've had only one bad experience with a 3P product.

100_3273_2.jpg

Lasted several months on my shelf until I finally decided to transform him. At least he was just a $20 clearance bot at the time I bought him. Otherwise, I've been satisfied with every other 3P purchase I've made.

• Like Like x 2
  19. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I don't hate him, but owing to its flimsiness, MMC OM Artifex (Hoist). Looks good, but the transformation is problematic and some plastic bits tend to break to easily.

20. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MMC Knight Morpher line. I loved the design so much but the plastic used was terrible. Worst offender was definitely Cyclops, fragile, floppy, barely poseable... Yup, hate that thing.

Xovergen Rolling Thunder, the only good thing was the box.

X-Transbots anything, I bought several because of how good they looked thinking "maybe they got it right this time" but no, they never did and never will. All their figures are complete garbage. I also include AlienAttack El Cid here since it seems like it's an X-Transbots company.

I also have a love/hate relationship with recent FT products. I like their look in both modes (most of the time) and the overal quality but the transformation are completely funless. Last time I enjoyed an FT transformation was Stomp IIRC.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 1