3P FIGURE YOU OWN(ED) YOU HAVE THE MOST DISDAIN FOR?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Jtotheiso187, Jun 14, 2018.

1. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

Bc's Sunsurge.

Plain and utter garbage. Both in looks and overall enjoyment.

Quote possibly, the worst toy I've ever owned.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MMC IDW Megatron. Not because I hate the figure per se - in fact I love it! But I hate the potential that was completely wasted.

Lackluster transformation that not only ends up with an inaccurate altmode (even without knowing his actual altmode at the time, he’s obviously a tank - not a jet), but also leaves terrible visible holes in his shoulders...on the front.

I don’t want to name names, I know who the designer is, but I’m just not a fan of many of the choices made. Plus: I know for a fact the great headsculpt was a late change that saved the figure.

It’s good, and I love the Milne design on my shelf. But it could’ve been perfect, and it’s apparent to me the designer just didn’t give enough of a shit - and that’s terrible.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  3. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

I'd have thought the golden (yellow?) raspberry for bad looks would've gone to Omnigonix Spinout over Sunsurge, no? Never owned either, so that's purely going by pics.

4. Tef

Tef Well-Known Member

1) Impossible Toys Arcee.... utter trash
    http://www.transformers-universe.com/content/images/Imagemaps/ImpToysValkyrie_Map.jpg

2) TFC Superion... I dont even like Superion... dunno why I got this one
    https://paxcybertron.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/20130822-082654.jpg

3) Xtransbot Apolyon... it Looked good... but transformed BAD and snapped in 2 piece at the waist during the 2nd time I transform it... 200$CAN in the trash...
    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u129/omagon/break_zpskjoydwou.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

At least you can see what that company was aiming to do, a Toy homage that went south. Had the QC been on point, many toy fans would have been happy IMO.

I just can't see what the fuck BC was trying to do with their abomination of a version though. That thing is pure vomit.

6. Mailo1635

Mailo1635 Active Member

1) MMC Cosmos: took it out of the box went to transform it. The first piece I moved snapped. The chest doesn't snap in either so the chest always drops.

2) Zeta Jazz I have Maketoys for bot mode For the price I got zeta for car mode. I couldn't connect everything together so the car sits their but not everything is plugged in correctly. Meaning the doors and the hood don't line up

• Like Like x 2
  7. jdbrewer

jdbrewer Well-Known Member

Going to get a ration here, but Maketoys Downbeat has far and away taken my "Award" for least liked figure, and it's all due to that Leg transformation.

• Like Like x 8
  8. murphytronus

murphytronus Im not Shardimus

Apollyon , Ollie , boost and hatch ... all of their designs looked great but once I finally had them in hand the transformations were more fiddly than fun, too many tiny sketchy parts that needed to move way too much , and none of them were perfectly stable or tabbed together right in robot mode ... great looking figures with very poor design choices

• Like Like x 3
  9. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

Tfevo Hot Rod: Hands fall off with little effort, transformation is overly complex (mainly some parts don't peg in all that well and have little room to maneuver).

• Like Like x 1
  10. MrHolister

MrHolister Well-Known Member

BTS Sonicron

Nothing is good here. Its old though, so I cut them some slack, but we need a better voyager/ultra class Soundwave. That isn't a gaint preschool tow like the Titans return one..

• Like Like x 1
  11. bearsuit

bearsuit Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Fansproject stunticons

Overengineered garbage that took way too many creative liberties by some asshole designer.

• Like Like x 6
  12. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    I've picked up plenty of bad figures. Someone's it was the best we had but it didn't age well. Sometimes I knew what I was getting into, but for whatever reason decided to proceed anyway. Maybe I sold them later, maybe I still have them. In either case, stuff like that doesn't meet disdain. Disdain is for stuff you bought and you're actually mad you did, especially if it's still in your collection. With that in mind, my disdain goes to:

TFC Hades: I knew about TFC's reputation. I even owned Uranos, which objectively wasn't good but I got for cheap and he served his purpose. After Leozack was released I decided to go in on this set. He and Hellbat looked cool, and I even liked Killbison more than I thought I would. Individually, they're pretty good figures. But then you combine them and see what a floppy, loose mess you wound up with.

FansToys Tesla: He doesn't even seem like a FansToys release. As much as I criticize them, FT is pretty reliable about delivering a toy that looks and feels premium, and Tesla is none of those things. There's barely any paint. There's no diecast. The robot mode is ok, but the alt mode is phoned in. But worst of all is the brittle plastic FT used. I've bought dollar store toys with better plastic.

FansToys Rouge: She at least looks good, with the usual paint and diecast you'd expect in a FT release. If you can get her to stand in your display, maybe that's enough for you. For me, though, that was the single worst experience I've had transforming a toy, and I'm the guy posting "transforming him isn't too bad" in BadCube threads. Plus mine is kneeling because she doesn't want to stand. Here's hoping MMC's turns out good so I can sell this turd.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Jtotheiso187

Jtotheiso187 Well-Known Member

This so much! I couldn't sell mine fast enough!

• Like Like x 1
  14. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Some really obvious and very odd choices in here. Downbeat and IDW-Tron? Really?

Mine:

1. v1 Ollie. Just shit in a box. Worst. Figure. Evah.

2. Igear Gears/Swerve. Apparently "we" asked for these Godawful upscales and if that's the case we absolutely should NOT be given what we ask for because these would maybe have been fine as Minis but were fucking garbage as Deluxes. That IGear died not long after blowing this former cash cow line should be instructive.

3. Mugen Scope - the White one. Can White plastic GPS? Because this bunch of crumbs would suggest White is the new gold.

4. Fansproject Assaulter. Not bad per se, just disappointing and hip ratchets so fierce both hips eventually self amputated. A legless figure is a pointless figure.

5. Krank. Arms that refused to stay on and hips that could not cope with the latrine backpack. Ugly as fuck too.

6. Lonewolf Motormaster. Not cheap, and a total heap of dung. Never, ever going near this one man band and his "passion projects" again.

7. SXS Gears. What the fuck were they thinking? Wtf was I thinking?

That all adds up to quite a lot of cash wasted on figures I should have gone nowhere near.

Things I'm glad I did listen to the "don't go there!" Voices about:

Spinout.
    Fansproject Tranix Diabattles
    Anything Xovergen.
    SXS Flamethingy
    XTB Cyclonus
    That Gun/Tank Megatron abortion.

Phew.

• Like Like x 7
  15. TraitorJ

TraitorJ Well-Known Member

TFC Uranos. They looked so promising, but they disappointed me at every turn, I should have quit at the third one released (can't remember which one that was) and cut my losses. They were just so sloppy with their finish, with mold lines and sloppy paint. Once I had them all combined, he was even worse. The straw was when he keeled over and knocked a couple other figures off my shelf. I was so mad that they cost me other figures that I packed them up and tossed them in the dumpster at work, where I knew they'd get crushed.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Pessimus Prime

Pessimus Prime Slackerbot Commander

I'm generally pretty cautious about my purchases and somewhat forgiving by nature, so this is actually kind of tough for me, but...

Probably the figure I'm least happy with right now is my XTB Boost. I really wanted to like him but I hated that transformation, one of the worst I've encountered, and I own frickin' BC Wardog. Worse, he just doesn't really look much like Windcharger to me. Terribly plain and awkward looking. My experience with him contributed to my recent decision to cancel my pre-order for XTB Toro, as we started to see more of that figure I started to think I'd be similarly dissatisfied. I'm keeping Boost though unless and until something better comes along, which honestly may never happen.

I'd also nominate my TFC Uranos (Aerialbots). I really liked these when I bought them 100 years ago, but that was when the hobby was relatively young and it was exciting that something like them even existed. Now when I look at them I just feel sadness. They barely seem recognizable as Aerialbots, the plastic is cheap and terrible, and they're way too small next to all my MP stuff. They'd probably be passable still in CHUG collection but I don't do that sort of thing. And the worst part is, there's not even a good way to unload them anymore, what with Zeta and FT both working on that team.

• Like Like x 3
  17. GrimSwipe

GrimSwipe Shock Trooper

GCreations Grimlock. I had purchased their Sludge, and it had given me warm fuzzies in the nostalgia department (Sludge was the 1 Dinobot I owned as a kid, and the GCreations version really reminded me of him). Their Grimlock was the next one I purchased, and I found him to be a floppy mess that did not fit together all that well in either mode.

While the GCreation plastic quality was questionable even with their Sludge, with Grimlock it just became more apparent and off-putting.

Both Dinobots were sold, eventually.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  18. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    I try not to buy toys that suck, honestly. And if I don’t like it enough I sell it. I don’t know if it ever reaches “disdain.”

• Like Like x 6
  19. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lol. Funny thread. I sold just about every third party figure I didn’t like except one. Omnivox Spinout. Aka Not masterpiece Sunstreaker. That figure was built so poorly by the factory I threw it in the garbage. I just couldn’t subject anyone else to that figure.

• Like Like x 6
  20. rendsora

rendsora Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    AAT El Cid aka Bayformers Prime.

I owned him less than two weeks.

Honorary mention:

Plus all my Fanstoys Dibots. After a year or so of owning them..I felt buyers remorse. They were so big & unwieldy..too much laden with die-cast.

All sold off already. Good riddance!

• Like Like x 4