3P FIGURE YOU OWN(ED) YOU HAVE THE MOST DISDAIN FOR?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Jtotheiso187, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Jtotheiso187

Jtotheiso187 Well-Known Member

Like the title says, I'll start.

Xovergen Trailer Force was the one that the longer I owned the more I hated it. The only thing worth a damn on it was the head and the guns. The rest was disproportioned garbage. And to have the audacity to have "Trailer" in name. No amount of wheels or cab connectors could quantify or qualify that turd as a trailer. The partsforming was also unforgivable for something that originally retailed for $175.00. /rant

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
  2. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

Apache. Out of the box he’s just so perfect, but once you dive into transforming him he’s a disaster at both the process and final result that he’s not worth ever undergoing the process.

Ollie would be a second choice, but I knew buying into the rerelease that the original wasn’t very highly regarded, so the disappointment is more that I don’t have a great Wheelie more so than disappointment in the toy on its merits.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Scourgatron

Scourgatron Your Don't Care Bear

News Credits:
    Hasbro Rodimus is the only one that I never sold. I hate him.

He takes up room, only goes with S03-4 characters and, i wont transform him anymore.

I guess I could put him in a bin but, im scared he would break.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Beast Gorira. Good design but zero fun to actually play with; transformations are needlessly complicated.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

1./ Flopollyon ~ Lookwise, a great early MP-Megs. Materials and execution? Uh .... it's hard to explain unless you've owned him but in hand, the plastic weirdly felt like one of those bubble bath figures from the 80's. Especially the red arm plastic, ribs and chest dials (eventually trounced by the jewelled button/recessed plastic effect of the official Takara release.) Looked great, felt cheap. It was great they fixed the loose shoulders, but I prefer a product to BE the finished product, not a D.I.Y. assembly kit.

2./ FT Soar (Mk.1) ~ So much work went into this (lovely diecast blue chest, gorgeous chromed out wings etc) so it's odd I found the end result so unsatisfying. Lanky, duck-faced early face sculpt, and way too big and cumbersome to scale nicely with other (non FT-dino) MP's. Decided to wait for the will-they-won't-they possibility of an official one just because I love Swoop way too much for this to be the final word.

• Like Like x 7
  6. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Mmc Terraegis. Absolute garbage. Mine fell to bits out of the box, had fused parts and it felt so cheap. Had to do so much work to it to make it acceptable.

• Like Like x 4
  7. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Well-Known Member

MMR IDW Megs. It's just... meh. A lot of meh.

Edit. Autocorrect.

• Like Like x 4
  8. GAUGE

GAUGE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Meh.

News Credits:
    Perfect Effect - Battle Roller

such a massive POS of a toy.

• Like Like x 5
  9. King Nergil

King Nergil Ruler of Sub-Atlantica

1) Warbotron Fierce Attack. He ruins a set which I would really like if it wans't for him. Unlike the rest of these non Combaticons he looks nothing like his G1 model, he isn't balanced well, partsforms and his proportions suck. If I had known all this before I wouldn't have started the set. I've spent around $500 and now, after the KO and the OS versions, I could sell it for maybe $150. I hate this piece of garbage. The Combaticons seem to be cursed though as the DX9 set turned out to be a QC nightmare for too many collectors. Maybe MMC will be my solution. At least my Terraegis holds up fine. He feels good and I still love how he looks.

2) XTB Arkose. Lost a pin when I first transformed him and his backpack still won't tab in. He's a fiddly mess. Also after getting Richtofen, Klaatu and Wavebreak he looks too small to hang out with the S2 Minibots.

3) XTB Ollie. Do I really need to elaborate more?

4) KFC Tempest. He was a good looking CHUG Cyclonus back then but I simply wasn't able to get him to stand. I sold him off just a few weeks after buying him because he drove me mad.

5) KFC Ditka. I had been warned before buying him. Now I know why people call him Shitka...

• Like Like x 5
  10. joshuakern

joshuakern Member

XTB Boost. Plastic feels cheap. Chest never tabbed together properly and flops apart anytime I try to pose him. And transforming those feet... forget it. Were I to ever transform him back to alt mode (I never will) his entire back end will be floppy because of the stress put on trying to transform those feet!

Great face sculpt though...!

• Like Like x 4
  11. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Try it out, try it out man

The Perfect Effect feet kits, while nice looking in combiner mode, suck ass in terms of stability...which is why I bought them. I got them at the same time as Carnifex and it was made all the more disappointing. They should have just been feet, the guns suck. Definitely not worth the $30 a pair most retailers charge.

I also purchased Galaxy Meteor recently (and may still own him, if BBTS' returns department decides against a refund) and while I dug the sculpt of the figure itself aside from the broken out of the box hip, the figure's plastic quality felt worse than the few KOs I've handled...it was more like a model kit. I had read about the figure's light feel from a bunch of sources, but I guess I just didn't quite grasp what they were saying. The headsculpt also had major duckface going on, though it looked okay at certain angles. In short...I was mostly glad it shipped to me broken, when/if the refund comes that money is going towards MMC's Spartan reissue. This figure was extra disappointing as I've needed a Starscream for a long time, Galaxy Force Starscream is one of my favorite designs, and I also really needed something to cheer me up when he shipped to me...having to deal with the headache of returning him likely colored my interpretation of the figure. After handling this figure, it would take actually being able to handle a Maketoys figure in person before I'd buy from them again...which means I will likely never buy a Maketoys figure again--I live in the middle of nowhere and my only viable retail option is the internet. To add more salt on the wound, Galaxy Force/Cybertron was one of my favorite eras of Transformers and to think the only company that's really doing much for them is Maketoys really pisses me off...they have no idea how to make a good face sculpt.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Megatronus27

Megatronus27 Well-Known Member

XTB Apollyon -Looks decent if you don’t touch it but it won’t last forever.

My real burn is that I bought 2 because of all the hype and assured promises of good QC and Build Quality before its release.

Plus I couldnt stop watching the Youtube “commercial” by harrisloureiro.
    Still love that video!

Is that against the rules to copy and paste the link? Idk shxt about most computer crap.

Oh well, now I could buy a 3rd for $50...

Its not horrible, but I’d be much happier had I only bought one...

• Like Like x 6
  13. XIII

XIII Well-Known Member

PE Battle Roller...

I know he from a LONG time ago and he was one of my first 3p but he kinda sucked back then too...

• Like Like x 1
  14. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Mopey Sea Urchin

Ebay:
    1) Xovergen Trailerforce - Just blargh. It's a fall-apart mess with no redeeming qualities. If you can get everything set up OK, it looks nice for the ten seconds it stays together. If you ever wanted to know what Godbomber would look like with leprosy, look no further.

2) X2toys Autobot Clones - I heard they redeemed themselves with their leader class headmaster Skyfire. That's great, but these guys suck. They're the Lament Configuration of Transformers, except the infinite pain and torment happens BEFORE you're done transforming these unintuitve pieces of junk. Crap tolerances, crappier plastics, I can't even begin to tell you how disappointing these guys are.

3) V1 Ollie - "Nobody can make a transformer toy out of lukewarm butter pats!" Must have been the challenge at Keith's dinner table that night. Boy, did he show them!

4) Impossible Toys Quintesson Bailiff - Finally, a toy that has comparatively similar articulation to Ram-Man, but at 3 times the price!

5) Alien Attack TLK Optimus - The "Dark Souls" of Transformations. I opened the box, saw all the fiddly bits ready to break into a billion pieces, and said "nope" and sold his chrome plated butt right off to someone much more talented than I.

6) FansProject Warbot Defender - This isn't 100% fair, but I got him as part of a trade used. He was probably great for his time, but by the time I got him, he felt like something that a Triad cocaine smuggler would toss on top of his cocaine in bulk to fool the customs officers into moving along by making them think he was yet another junky KO toy manufacturer.

• Like Like x 7
  15. evilash3373

evilash3373 Well-Known Member

TFC Uranus. Hasn't aged well, looks derpy. Do not like.

For official MP Rodimus Prime. Biggest piece of garbage transformer I ever bought.

• Like Like x 3
  16. knightofmercy11

knightofmercy11 Well-Known Member

I think , for the most part..there aren't too many figures I have gotten with no redeeming features. But..if I was to choose:

Boost/ hatch: Those feet..those damn feet. Why?? The face sculpt is great, but but doesn't feel like it fits with the body.

Sunsurge : My copy just always felt fiddly, and generally unpleasant to handle every step of the way, from transforming to posing.

I was not a fan of either zeta toys aerialbots, either..the combined mode will be great, i am sure..but they just felt bad. Plain, nondescript.

• Like Like x 3
  17. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    KFC Perceptor. got one brand new and it got super loose in like 3 seconds and is too gangly to fit in with CHUG transformers

Figures I was severely disappointed by....

Hegemon - too complicated to transform and feels a little cheap
    Mania King - For a long time he was my goto Galvatron, but I was never able to figure out how to transform him

• Like Like x 3
  18. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wasn't that TFC? That said, almost every TFC I had was kinda junk.

• Like Like x 4
  19. sndwv

sndwv Well-Known Member

FT Tesla (Perceptor) - the hideous face sculpt even after a second attempt is inexcusable by itself, but the overal slightly 'off' proportions, uninspired transformation that still manages to require forcing parts past each other and self-destruct plastics used make this probably the worst 3rd party figure I own (and that includes Kronos). And it seems like such an easy character to get right. Hanging on to it as it's still the 'best' representation of a character I like.

• Like Like x 6
  20. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MMC Jaegertron.

• Like Like x 3