3P characters or Hasbro characters - Where do you stand?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Hybrid Style, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Geterman

Geterman Second Coming of Primus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I use the Hasbro names and forget about their 3rd Party names. At this rate all my Hasbro classics figures will be replaced by 3rd party figs.

2. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Munitioner for me is Swindle. Novae is Nova Prime and so on.

3. slochmoeller

slochmoeller Well-Known Member

I only buy 3p toys rarely (mostly as budget restriction,) so the pieces I collect are specifically meant to bolster my official toy displays. I've gotten the BTS trailer, the protector set and the original battletanker, largely because to this day an Optimus Prime toy doesn't feel complete without a trailer, and I wanted a good CHUG scale Rodimus Prime.
    More recently, I bought Code and have Smart Robin on preorder specifically to bolster my "crew of the lost light" collection. But generally speaking, i won't get a third party item if there's a first party alternative. (I bent this rule for Chromedome, because the only first party alternative will be an overpriced retool of a toy I already have and don't particularly care for. Since money wise it worked out about the same, I went for the currently available original mold code.)

But the only 3p character I have that I consistently call by his release name instead of his homage name is sidearm. Rodimus's target master was a nonentity to me and had multiple official names anyway, so sidearm works just as well.

4. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

It's sort of weird. I bought MT giant because he's classics devastator. But I NEVER call him that. When I refer to him I have to call him MT giant so people know what I'm talking about.

5. xtommytmoshx

xtommytmoshx Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    dude i just like sweet toys. its simple.

6. Geminii

Geminii Toyetic multiformophile

Good toys are good toys. Names and characters don't factor into it (much) for me.

7. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want Transformers that look like the Transformers. At the moment, 3PCs are doing that. Hasbro's making what look like honorable mentions for the most part:/