3P Black Friday Cyber Monday disappointments and Happy Surprises

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by jessiedart, Dec 5, 2016.

1. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Tracking number updated today and I received the Dinobots shortly afterwards. This set is nice! I did not expect to like any of them other than Grimlock and was prepared to sell them off, but Iron Factory really hit the mark with these, especially on Sludge. I'm VERY happy with this purchase.

2. Big Bronze Rim

Big Bronze Rim Veteran

I ordered MP-14+ on sale to push me over the $150 free shipping on my MP-33. Both are fantastic figures.

3. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hey all, sorry to resurrect this, just a quick heads-up that the special order figures arrived today, and those are all going to be packed and headed out before I leave tonight, so look out for your order update notices!

• Like Like x 1
  4. mephinc

mephinc Well-Known Member

I bought nothing. Not even non Transformer.

Remember when stores would have real "door busters". Everywhere used to have a few select items that were knocked WAY down in price to get people in, and then a whole bunch of stuff with decent sale prices.
    Anymore now, it's not even worth looking. Everything I saw from every store was ignorant.
    How in the hell is $3 off a $100+ product, a "door buster".
    If you pay close enough attention, many stores will inflate the costs of the products well in advance of something like this. Most of the time, you aren't even getting anything on sale.
    Then if you wait till a week or two after Christmas, these same stores will have the same products even cheaper than they were on Black Friday.

Shop smart ;) 

• Like Like x 3
  5. Pho'ptimus Prime

Pho'ptimus Prime Mancave Spelunker

First class customer service, thanks for the update, I read it and now for the duration of the week I'll be spamming the refresh link on my phone. :) 

6. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

Tfsource easily had the best of the best this year. Old and new items at smoking deals. They even had the Hasbro Fortress Max for $99 compared for the $165 you would pay retail. But who would want that ^O^.

The FansProject Saurus dinos were $29.99 each. How could you beat that?
    Dx9 Mightron $99, MMC Inferno and Grapple $69, wow.
    more...

I think captured prey had a MakeToys Scorponok for $325 compared to it's usual $400. All their sales sold out fast though.

T CP had some good deals too... but there instant reward program was a little confusing at first.
    BBTS didn't even notice they had a sale.
    Ebay flash sales were nice if you could catch them.

7. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Well-Known Member

I missed out on Ft. Max at that awesome price.

8. Skyfire87

Skyfire87 Phase 6r

Only thing I was disappointed in was seeing all the shit I paid full retail for only to be discounted a measly month or two later. I'm not preordering shit anymore unless it's an item I'll just be gutted about missing out on.

Now days, almost nothing sells out and a lot of them get a second run when they do.

It's just not worth it to be an early adopter.

9. Pho'ptimus Prime

Pho'ptimus Prime Mancave Spelunker

I agree with some of your points. After shelling out big $ for those X or Diaclone versions of those FT dinobots then seeing it go on sale (though not within the 1-2 months range) hurts a little. Had I known they would not sell out instantly, I would've waited just a bit.

Also I'm thinking if there is an awesome product out, there's no way that the maker would not do a second run (why turn down the chance to make more $? ...unless some unfortunate manufacturing accident/events occur) so again it's worth it a bit to not be an early adopter...

• Like Like x 1
  10. mephinc

mephinc Well-Known Member

What? You expect the prices to go up? I bet you're upset that TVs are cheap now also.

11. fujishig

fujishig Well-Known Member

? Are you sure you're just not spoiled by internet shopping? I dont see how you can say the deals aren't still there... maybe it's not the deals on things you're looking for but man there seem to be deep discounts in most categories.

Heck, the current lego deals on target and Amazon are insane. You can get first party Xbox One games that came out a month or so ago for 23 bucks. What were you looking for exactly? The third party deals on stuff like Seraphicus and Pandinus... yeah I'd be mad too if I preordered them at the original price.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  12. 0ursisthefury

0ursisthefury Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Toydojo had Cupola for $99, and Iron Will for $109, Gundog for $75, and MMC Nova Prime w/trailer for $120

13. Skyfire87

Skyfire87 Phase 6r

Let's not be silly or condescending or outright stupid. I bought quite a few items merely months or less before, only to see quite a few heavily discounted. That's frustrating.

In response to your unwarranted claim, no. I of course didn't expect the prices to go up. No idea how you gathered that but I don't have time to try and figure out why you'd make that assumption. But I also didn't expect a lot of these new items to go on sale/clearance even so fast.

Pretty sure the newest TVs aren't the ones with the best discounts on Black Friday. But, maybe your just so awesome you know the answer to that, too.

14. Markdelg

Markdelg Spin Road fan

News Credits:
    Well, I was surprised all right by my Black Friday order from TFsource. While they messed up and sent me Legends Wierdwolf instead of Highbrow, they apparently sent me two toys I didn't want, as "surprise gifts," Fansproject Tusker and Fansproject Dinosan.

15. koonfasa

koonfasa Well-Known Member

What!??! They're giving away Tusker? I was thinking about getting one, but there was nothing I really wanted as well, and the yen was better, so I was watching the HLJ sale.

16. Markdelg

Markdelg Spin Road fan

News Credits:
    My order was for Masterpiece Inferno, Mightron, Takara Legends Chromedome/Mindwipe/Highbrow, and Legends Bumblebee/Kickback/Gnaw. They sent all of them except Highbrow (they messed up and sent me Weirdwolf instead), and stuck in the two Fansproject bots. Either they screwed that up too or that's what they considered to be my "surprise gift." If they did intent to send those, that's cool of them, but I totally didn't want either one.

17. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    Excuse the necromancy. I didn't want to look like I was making a thread to whore myself out.

Shapeways.com has a Cyber Monday code going for 15% off all purchases today. Just enter "HappyMonday" as your Promo Code during checkout. There's a sea of great designers on there that I'm sure many of you know about. I also have a number of designs available too. Happy holidays.

• Like Like x 1