3mm holes in Cyberverse vehicles.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AutoCon2076, May 31, 2011.

1. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

So are the holes all over my Autobot APC and Blastwave Megatron intended for use with the weapons some of the Commanders have? This almost feels like its another 3mm clip system, but with pegs and holes.

[​IMG]

Here's Bumblebee's APC with Powerglide's missile racks. Hey Hasbro; am I doing it right?

~Z

2. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Isin't that basically just the gimmick?

3. AutoCon2076

Nah, I'm pretty sure the gimmick is transforming.

~Z

4. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    by gimmick i meant like how mech tech is compatible with other mech tech figures and how 3mm weapons (like lego figs) are compatible with each other such as commander sentinel's sword being holdable in legion BB's hand

5. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

^^ I'd be inclined to agree except that the only place the peg system seems to get mentioned is the fan community. I haven't really seen anything on the boxes that says how the weapons can be swapped. (Got the BB Bunker, Powerglide, Blackout, and the SS Carrier so I've been experimenting with these pegs lately too).

If this is a gimmick though then it's a pretty poorly supported one. It seems like for all the trouble Hasbro went to in giving the legion figures clip hands and the bases peg mounts there are almost zero weapons in cyberverse that can be passed around atm (outside of commander class). The legion figures all need 3mm guns and the bases need some extra weapons to mount on them for this to really make sense as it stands.

Heck, they gave guns to those old three step Go-Bots from around 95. It wouldn't kill them to gang mold a little pistol in with some of these smaller Cyberverse guys.

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  6. AutoCon2076

As Omega said, its poorly supported. If I recall than we pretty much had to discover the clip system on our own at first. Honestly I was wondering why BB had a hand-grip; thanks for pointing out SP's sword to me. This line definitely needs some kind of weapon add-ons. I guess MechTech is getting the primary focus, eh?

~Z

7. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

I vaugely remember that coming to the surface cause of the cool stuff thread when people started loading up their figures with clip guns via Recon Ironhide.

It doesn't really do him much good, even with the Battle Bunker he can't hold the missile, or grip the turret in mobile cannon mode cause of the darn knee articulation.

Considering the size and design of the vehicle/bases it seems like a 5mm Mech-Tech port in the tops of a few of them would have made a world of armament difference.

I've got to wonder what all can be done with these 3mm ports though. I saw someone put some old Zoid weapons on it which worked pretty well, but what else?