3DS Remake Battle: Yoshi's Story vs. Donkey Kong 64.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Starscreamer95, Apr 24, 2012.

?

Would you like to see Yoshi's Story 3D or Donkey Kong 64 3D?

Poll closed May 24, 2012.
  1. I would like to see Yoshi's Story 3D.

26.7%
  2. I would like to see Donkey Kong 64 3D.

73.3%
  1. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Hey again guys. This is my second thread in a series of threads involving remaking some of the most classic Nintendo games onto the beautiful handheld. Every month I will post a new thread like this one. To vote what game you wanna see as a remake, just simply name it at the bottom of every post and it could be featured in next month's thread. :3

So last month's Remake Battle was between Super Mario Sunshine and Zelda: Majora's Mask. Final outcome on the poll was ninteen to eighteen respectively. Pretty close, and both seem likely candidates to be remastered.

And the most suggested remakes you guys mentioned were Yoshi's Story and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. Buuut, because a Zelda game was in last month's Remake Battle, I am holding it back for next month. Sorry guys.

Yoshi's Story - A game which I have played very little of. Sound and looks fun. I have spent maybe ten minutes playing this game so my expressions of interest are invalid. However from what I have played, it is fun and cute, the way a Yoshi game should be. I don't own the game so honestly, I cannot make a full judgment, maybe I'll have to get it from the Wii Shop.

Donkey Kong 64 - Remember playing this a lot, and a lot of it was the free roaming world because I had no clue of the objective in the game (I must have been like seven, okay?). And I do remember the funny comedic bits. Honestly, more recently, maybe two years ago I went back, played it, collected all of the Kongs, never finished it, but I can say it must have been one of the best Donkey Kong experiences. A true Kong game. There is however problems with Donkey Kong 64 3D ever seeing the light of day. Rare has since after releaseing this game been purchased by Microsoft. Whoops. Except, if memory serves, Rare stated they would continue to release handheld games for other companies. Ahh, and it's all puppy dogs and rainbows again.

I'm interested to see how these two popular N64 games come out, as they both come from the super Mario series in their own franchises.

2. Starfire22

Starfire22 Zoot Suit Riot

News Credits:
    As good as yoshi's story is, the cutesy aesthetic kind of makes me cringe. (That's not to say its a bad game however)

DK64 sounds like a great choice as well.

Overall, I'm torn. (Probably DK64)

3. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    I voted for Donkey Kong 64 3D.

4. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

donkey kong, baby!

5. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    yoshi's story was awful.
    i bought it the day it came out and went to my friends house, we beat it in an hour

to give prespective, it took us (7th graders at that time) 2 months to beat mario 64 with the bare minimum # of stars needed

yoshi's story had no replay value, and was just too easy
    i could see it as a vc game or a eshop game, but not a full title

6. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't buy either. DK64 took collecting to a new, monotonous level having different colored bananas for different Apes and such. Yoshi's Story is fun but too short. Overall, I voted for DK64 becuase I think it's a better game, but niether would be something I really want to play again in 3D. I think Nintendo could better use those resources on a number of things.

7. Starfire22

Starfire22 Zoot Suit Riot

News Credits:
    In a sense, the shortness of the game works well for a portable. (Instead of, say a console)

Having said that, I'd much rather have a new yoshi game, rather than a remake.

8. BlueAngel_Bolt

BlueAngel_Bolt I'M REALLY FEELING IT

News Credits:
    I love both, but DK64 took me 2 years to beat, and it was an amazing game.

So D! K!

Donkey Kong!

9. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Donkey kong country. Ya 2d 3d platforming.

10. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    would you pay $30 for a game you can beat in 1 hour and then never play again? with absolutely no challenge at all?