3DS Remake Battle: Majora's Mask vs. Mario Sunshine.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Starscreamer95, Mar 23, 2012.

?

Would you like to see Majora's Mask 3D or Mario Sunshine 3D?

1. I would like to see Majora's Mask 3D

48.6%
  2. I would like to see Super Mario Sunshine 3D

51.4%
  1. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Hey guys! I just decided to start a series of threads involving remaking some of the most classic Nintendo games onto the beautiful handheld. Every month I will post a new thread like this one. To vote what game you wanna see as a remake, just simply name it at the bottom of every post and it could be featured in next month's thread. :3

Operation Moonfall. Heard of it? The fanbase that is determind to get the sequel to arguably 'the best video game ever made' on the 3DS. Majora's Mask would be a fantastic game to be released on the 3DS. Especially been a follow up to OoT 3D, it would be much welcomed by new and old fans alike. But Shigeru Miyamoto would rather a new Zelda title before a remake, but thinks it's a strong possibility it will happen. You can also support Majora's Mask 3D by liking Operation Moonfall's Facebook page.

Super Mario Sunshine, arguably one of the best GameCube titles, and the third best selling game on the system, this title is loved and praised by fans alike. Infact, it's so loved it's the only Mario title fans think is worth remaking for the 3DS. The Director of Super Mario 3D Land also mentioned it is a game he would love to see and wishes for it to be on the handheld. Also as of late is a lot of rumors and sepeculation of a SMS sequel in the same manner of Luigi's Mansion. Releasing Mario Sunshine 3D would also be following it's predecessor's, Mario 64, trend of been rereleased on a handheld, the DS. From my own experiences, I remember playing this game when I was seven, and today is still one of my favorite Nintendo games of all time.

So there's that. That's my information of the two. Please feel free to express your own thoughts and which one you'd like remade on the 3DS. And don't forget to mention at the bottom of your post which other you'd like remade.

2. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Sunshine is loved? I guess I didn't pay much attention to it at the time of release because I didn't have a Gamecube, but all my friends did was moan that it was a downstep from 64. Anyway I voted for Sunshine because I'd love to be able to play it properly. From the little I did play of it, I vastly preferred it to Mario 64.

I have a Wii VC copy of Majora's Mask I'm yet to start, and if there was ANY Zelda title I'd like to see remade for 3DS its Wind Waker (but a new toon Link title would be even better)

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Amen to Wind Waker. I hated Majora's No one puts a timer on my Zelda games. I picked Sunshine.

4. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Mario Sunshine was under-appreciated in my opinion.

5. Starfire22

Starfire22 Wall crawling menace!

News Credits:
    Mario sunshine hands down.

No disrespect to MM, it just that I Hate timed levels. (Especially in a zelda game)

6. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

As much as I enjoy Zelda and Majora's Mask as such a drastic reinvention of the franchise (especially so soon after Ocarina of Time!), either a sequel or a port of Super Mario Sunshine would be preferable. Sunshine is an absolutely wonderful game by all respects- the art direction and tropic re-theme of the Mario villain designs, the wonderful game mechanics, and sandboxy goodness of the levels is absolutely awesome. Better yet, if they could somehow reinvent the game the way they did with Super Mario 64 DS (which, in my opinion, is the best iteration of that game, by far) with other playable characters and/or more stars and levels, I would be ecstatic.

Overall, I would much rather prefer a retextured gamecube title over a N64 one- I was a little displeased with the lack of new content in Ocarina of Time 3D (Master Quest is always welcome, but that means you need to beat the game TWICE...), and I wondered why Super Mario 64 DS, a title made a while before, featured more content and arguably looked better. But a sequel would be soooooo nice, especially after the lackluster Super Mario 3D Land.

7. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    I've never played either game so I'm fine with either, I loved Super Mario land 3D and I loved Ocarina of time 3D however I'm not big fan of time missions so Sunshine for me.

8. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sunshine. I don't like LoZ games.

9. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Mario Sunshine is pretty awful, what is wrong with you people?! :( 

10. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn't think Mario Sunshine was that bad, I just thought it lacked variety in its environments. Still, I had more fun with it then I did with Majoras Mask. I know there are lot of good things to MM, but I just didn't have fun playing it.

11. Rewind

Rewind Space Hipster

News Credits:
    I voted Majora's Mask on the off chance that they might change it enough to make it more player friendly. The whole time thing and having to actually keep a running diary of your tasks made me give up on the game before I even got to the first dungeon. OOT felt so fluid and graceful, and MM just felt awkward and cumbersome.

As for Mario Sunshine, I didn't get into it as quickly as most other Mario Games, but once I got the hang of the power-washer I loved it. The access points to the various worlds was really poorly done though I think.

12. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    After OOT, every Zelda game pushed me to a point of "am I doing a chore, or am I having fun?" Usually the dungeons were always fun and exploring the overworld was fun, but various tasks in town and stuff kinda made things feel like chores. With MM, the time looping framework made those chores glaringly worse and not as fun. Just to get to the good parts, the real exploring and dungeons, was a chore.

13. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

I disagree with the variety of environments in Super Mario Sunshine. All the areas had wonderful design, and were different locales based on an island theme. Each had a vastly different layout and offered their own challenges. Plus, the game had a dual effect that made you rely on FLUDD and polish your platforming as well for the A Capella stages.

14. Starscreamer95

News Credits:
    How dare we have opinions.

15. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    I found the gameplay enjoyable and the stages were actually designed really well, but it was the island theme that made it all feel similar when compared to Mario 64 or Mario Galaxy. You really felt like you were on one big island, which makes sense, but I enjoyed going to different, smaller worlds.

16. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

shine get! SHINE GET!

17. Starscreamer95

News Credits:
    I voted Sunshine.

18. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

Majora No Kamen
    Enough Said.

19. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If this had been Yoshi Stories instead of Mario Sunshine then this would of been a hard choice lol.

20. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    sunshine is still my favorite game of all time along with wind waker, so i'm going for sunshine.