Heavy/Scratch: 3D Printed CW Superion Feet

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by drunkenfish6, Sep 3, 2017.

1. drunkenfish6

drunkenfish6 Member

I know I'm late to the party in CW customs/fixes, but I finally got access to a 3D printer, and I've been wanting to do this for a while.
    IMG_5708.JPG
    Because of time constraints and the material that was in the printer at the time, clearly they are two different colors, as well as two different materials.
    IMG_5709.JPG
    The black is ABS and the blue is PLA. This doesn't really matter to me, since I was going to paint them both white anyway.
    IMG_5710.JPG
    And here is the final product. There's still some tweaking that needs to be done, or I may scrap the feet and start all over again. Since its 3D printed, tolerances aren't exact. The ball joint on the PLA foot is completely seize thanks to the paint. The peg also snapped off on the inside of Skydives port. Had to drill it out in order to clear it. Then I cut off one of the "side holder" pegs on FOC Skywarps gun to replace the broken peg. But on the ABS foot, even with the paint the ball joint is still incredibly loose. I'll update the thread if anyone's interested in seeing what happens next. If anything, it was certainly a learning experience.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  2. Mecannibal V

Mecannibal V Engineeratron

News Credits:
  3. Mecannibal V

Mecannibal V Engineeratron

News Credits:
    Not sure why this won't let me edit my last post, but whatevs. Was going to say, if you bump your flow by 1-2% on the ball and peg you'll be able to take up a little of the extra room without affecting much else. If the peg ends up being too tight just pop the ball in the chuck of a drill and sand the peg down.

Also, have you seen the aforementioned designers hip and thigh add-ons for Superion? They'd go great with your foot remix.

4. drunkenfish6

drunkenfish6 Member

I have seen them, but I thought that mightves been too much of a departure from how he looks. I generally like the way stock combiner wars (minus menasor and devastator) look.