3D Artwork: 3D Optimus Prime WIP

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Ravenxl7, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hey all. Was bored in my Digital Audio Recording and Editing class earlier today (it's a 3 hour long class, but is only a one day a week class), so I decided to do something interesting, and with 3dsMax available for my use, I decided to make my own 3D Optimus Prime. Here are 3 basic renders of what I've done so far. Not actually using any pictures for a reference, but basically coming up with it as I go along. I won't be able to get back to work on him till Monday at the earliest, as I won't have acces to 3dsMax till then, and even then I'm not sure how much time I'll have to work on it during my Digital Video Recording and Editing class. The hands have been the hardest thing so far. Thanks for looking, and for any comments I get on this.

WIP renders:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Update: I was able to get a little work done on him yesterday. Nothing major though. Any comments?

[​IMG]

3. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Your model is coming along nicely. Is the design for this Optimus going to be a hybrid? Keep it up.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks. Wasn't sure if anybody would post in here at all. I'm more or less just coming up with this as I go. I've only referenced one picture of Prime so far, and that was just to see something about his head, which I was able to create this past Friday. I'm still no where done with the model, but I've got, imo, a good amount of it done. I'll probably next work on the head some more, as the eyes didn't really come out looking right, and I might remake his face-plate while I'm at it. I won't really be able to work much, if any, on him till this upcoming Friday, so this'll probably be my last update till then. Here are some more basic renders of my work so far.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. (R)Bumblebee

(R)Bumblebee Satan's Camaro

He looks quite cute... Can't wait 'till he's finished. Go on! :thumbs2: 

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks. I'd actually have an update with some new renders, but I didn't get enough time in my Video class to get one before we had to start filming. I've decided to work on the legs for now. I'll probably fix up the head when I finish him. I'll probably make a Shockwave after this one.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Update: I was able to get some more work done on him today. Mostly just re-doing some parts of the head, and making it look better. I completely re-did the faceplate. I still need to do the yes, but the head is mostly done for the time being. My next goal with this is to work on the legs, and hopefully finish them. I've already got some parts in the works for them (a tire, a tank, and the foot to be specific). When I get a 3D program onto my home computer, I'll probably start up on a Megatron or Soundwave. I'd love to do a Grimlock, but I'm going to practice some more before I start up on him, as I plan to make him ubber detailed (well, ubber detailed for someone with my skill level). Here are some more wip renders. If I can finish this thing before the end of this semester I'll get some really good renders and post them up when I'm done with him.

Head Re-do:
    [​IMG]

Magnus repaint for fun:
    [​IMG]

Nemesis Prime repaint for fun:
    [​IMG]

All 3 colorations together:
    [​IMG]

Leg peices in the works:
    [​IMG]

8. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Looking good so far. 3D's fun - I find it's great for creating new designs, so you can visualise the mechanics and the transformation better than you can on paper. Little tip for the eyes; try recessing them a little, rather than having then bulge out as you had them before - theoretically they're holes leading to the 'brain cavity' (so to speak), covered by lenses, so it should look more convincing to have them recessed unless you're doing a visor design (which you're not :p ).