3D Artwork: 3d Optimus Prime 2007 Movie Model W.i.p.

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by prime_force, Mar 15, 2008.

1. prime_force

prime_force Prime Force Art

Here are 2 pics of my latest model i am currently working on of Optimus prime from the new movie. There is still loads more to do and have not applied any texture work yet as you can see. Still need to build all the hidden robot parts yet ofcourse.....figuring out how in the world he transforms is very hard though ofcourse, but im getting there. I want it to be more like the film design than the toy. I will continue to add updates as work progresses. Feel free to comment. Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  2. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very nice, lookin sharp.

3. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

nice looking peterbilt, you've got there. I'm working on a Freightliner COE myself. What's you're current polygon count? Do you have the interior modeled as well?

4. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looking very nice. :) 

5. prime_force

Thanks for comment. I wont be modelling steering wheel, gear stick, radio etc of the interior if that is what you mean. I will be modelling all the robot pieces hidden inside the truck though yes. Have done a few already and will upload an update soon when done a little more. Feel no point in doing great interior detail like radio etc since it wasn't even seen in the movie anyway. The face count at this point (with the extra pieces i have done but not shown yet) currently stands at 304430. Still loads to do though ofcourse, so will be much higher when complete. Good luck with your freightliner by the way, hope to see it on here when complete. Thanks again.

6. prime_force

Update

Here is my latest update. Still loads to do ofcourse, just pushed the windows etc up out of the way and modelled some of the extra hidden robot parts, more detail will be added as work progesses though.

Attached Files:

7. prime_force

just lettin u know i have added a new update pic to the beginning of this thread for you to go up and take a look at. cheers.

8. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    thats lookin pretty awesome man!

cant wait to see more :D 

9. prime_force

i have added a new update image of my model so far at the beginning of this thread again. decided to print screen my work so you can see it from all 4 angles too. still tons more pieces to add yet tho ofcourse. thanks to everybody that has commented so far by the way.

10. Cuillere

Cuillere French Fries

News Credits:
    Yeah good modelling. You use nurbs ? Sub-D ?

11. prime_force

prefer polygon modelling in maya mostly which is what i used 4 prime here. thanks 4 the interest by the way. cheers.

12. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    the grill on his stomach in robot mode is the same grill from the truck, it just folds up and gets pulled in. you can see it in his highway transformation when he's jumping over cars.

You probably already knew this, but I just figured I should say so just in case you didnt.

13. prime_force

Cheers for the comment. I wondered the same thing about the grill, but if you watch it frame by frame like i have, you will see that the trucks grill breaks up and goes inside the chest....the grill that you see on the chest in robot mode comes from under the pelvis rotating up and covering the truck grill if you know what i mean...not easy to describe in words sorry. its easier to see what i mean by watching the transformation in the alley frame by frame and the transfomation where he arrives to take care of megatron. Thanks again. be adding new update soon.

14. prime_force

hey guys, added a new update image to the start of this thread for you to comment about thank you.

15. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Wow, there's a lot of effort and talent applied on that model. I truly wish you can complete it and amaze us with it.

16. prime_force

Just added a new work in progress update to the start of this thread which also allows you to see it from behind aswell. Still tons to do as im sure you can see. Thanks again for looking.

17. prime_force

Just lettin everyone know i have added a new updated image to the top of this thread. Please feel free to comment. Thank you.

18. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

It's good from what's visible, though honestly, you might do better to turn contour rendering on in Mental Ray (and then enable it in the actual shading group assigned to your model) so see the wireframe. When it comes to modeling, that's really going to be the biggest way to troubleshoot any potential topology issues/rendering artifacts.

Besides, it might help in getting others to point out if your mesh needs optimization. Also, render out some higher res images if you can. At the very least give us 800X600 pixels per viewport (really just need the perspective unless something's really messed uo that would require checking orthographic views).

19. prime_force

thanks for the comment m8......ive just added a quick test render shot of the perspective view for you....didnt hav much time to play around with the settings right now though sorry since im about to go out but should give you an ok view anyway. keep in mind still have loads of pieces to be added here there and everywhere on him yet though including extra pieces and pistons on the upper arms you can see done so far. Thanks again.

20. prime_force

added 2 more updated images to the top of this thread for you all. Thank you.