3D haters and Batman lovers here is something to be happy about

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Ironhide2005, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
  2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Would have loved it in 3D, but honestly, I prefer the more fantasy/sci fi movies in 3D, since seeing a downtown setting at night isn't as jaw-dropping in 3D as seeing say, Cloud City.

3. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great news!

3D: No
    IMAX: YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

4. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

Awesome news if they go all imax.

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love how some folks think NO 3D is great news, when its availability is potentially great news for those who love 3D and is completely optional, when available, for those who don't. ;) 

It's like "YAY, I hate 3D so NO one gets 3D, even if I have the option to not watch it in 2D, but people who like it will be able to experience it that way."

Seeing how amazing those few scenes looked on Bluray in full screen only instills hope in the entire movie being All Imax.

6. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Don't get me wrong it could of been cool in 3D but still Christopher Nolan doesn't seem the type to use 3D anyways.

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh I wasn't rippin' on you Hide. I don't think Batman needs to be in 3D. It's a NOIR movie and the more cinematography style is put into it without a gimmick the better it would be.

I'm just poking fun at the folks who hate tater tots and have a choice of fries, but are thrilled when Sonic stops selling tater tots, even if they have a choice not to buy them.

8. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

That argument is well and valid, but what about IMAX? If a movie is 3D, we have the option of seeing it in @D. However, if a 3D movie is in IMAX then we do not have the option of seeing it in 2D IMAX, therefor we do miss out. The only movie I have seen in IMAX 3D that I have liked so far has been Avatar, and that barely did the 3D well. I really want to see Alice in Wonderland in 2D so I can actually enjoy the movie for what it is instead of concentrating on how much my eyes hurt...

9. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Yay! I am glad that The Batman franchise does not feel the need to jump on the lame 3D bandwagon.

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really?

11. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    works more even though i have not see the dark knight yet and i haven't a clue as to why i haven't o_O 

12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Despite there always being someone who will say, "Meh wah wah waahh whahw ahhw wah batman," it is actually a very well-made comic movie.

13. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This.

Plus we'd miss out on that "cool" laser lightshow! :tongue: 

14. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Wooo! Im happy! Now hopefully this 3D fad can die off already. Maybe they can try it again when glasses are not necessary, and they find a way to make the 3D effects not look like a blurry mess.

15. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You all sound like old men complaining about color tvs and the internet. You also sound like some people I heard prior to trying 3D gaming with next gen graphics. Have you played games with this 3D tech?

Fortunately, I don't see Dark Knight's 3Dless sequel phasing 3D out since given the option, people are choosing 3D versions of movies, despite some like Clash of Titans looking like ass. Train Your Dragon looked great.

16. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

I have played games with the 3D tech, and its alright. It looks great, but oh god the headache it gave me...

As for Avatar, it did look amazing. I fully admit to swatting away one of the CGI bugs on screen, but the glasses do it for me. For one thing, they are uncomfortable, and if you don't have your head in a perfect upright position, the 3D blurs. An hour and a half into Avatar I was almost able to forget the glasses were there. But the strain on my eyes was just too much... multiple times during Alice I had to take off the glasses and hold my head in my hands. As a note, I have only seen 3D movies in IMAX. If I am going to see a movie outside of IMAX it is going to be in 2D.

So this is why I am bitter about having IMAX taken away from me so to speak. 3D without the glasses would be impossible, but maybe they could improve it? Or just drop it forever...

17. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not impossible, I used to watch Glassless 3D on my T-16 back home. Heheh, sorry, couldn't help myself.

But it's not an impossible tech and it's supposed to be in the works, but its comparable to those 3D posters you see in the theaters and that makes me more nervous than the glasses. I guess my brain is fried enough already that the glasses or playing the Avatar game in 3D for hours doesn't bug me, but I can see it affecting some folks :) 

18. Gigatron_2005

Yea, and its not that great. Its just not worth the hassle of wearing the glasses. And the new stuff still makes 3D effects that are blurry. Why would I want blurry 3D when I finally got away from blurry 2D (thanks to HD)?

And people are choosing 3D movies for the novelty and the feeling that they might be missing out by watching it in 2D. Its just a fad.

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's what they said about Bluray. And I dunno what games you're playin' Gigs, but nothing about the ones I've been playing is blurry. In fact, because of the mind being tricked into thinking it's observing an object outside of the traditional TV image, things sometimes even look more refined because there is the 3rd dimension of perception. For example, where as some trees would get lost in a jungle background in 2D as you're walking, now every tree and foliage stands out as your pan across a virtual environment. Not out of focus or blurry, but standing out moreso because 2D perception no longer blends it into a mess of green textures. This is games I'm referring to. I don't really care what happens to the movies.

But as Trailbreaker or Smangerbot would say in regards to nachos. "To each their own." I certainly don't see it going away though, especially not if it is only improving.

20. Gigatron_2005

Ah, if you're talking about games, then 3D might have a place to stay if they can loose the glasses. In this case, head tracking is the way to go. Might be possible with something like Natal or Playstation's motion control solution. And yea, when I saw games in 3D it did look a little bit blurry, with the color not looking right. Might have been the setup though.