3D animated series poll

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Star Cracker, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

*NOTE* For whatever reason I can't seem to make this as an actual poll.

No, I'm not committing to anything, I'm just curious as to what people would want to see done for a 3D animated series, mainly what era/continuity they'd be interested in seeing redone/continued.

So, here are the options:

Marvel UK G1-verse
    Marvel US G1-verse
    Animated US G1-verse
    Animated Japanase G1-verse
    Dreamwave G1-verse
    IDW G1-verse
    Universe-verse
    Classics-verse
    Dreamwave War Within-verse
    Beast Wars-verse
    Beast Machines-verse
    IDW Beast Wars-verse
    DW Beast Wars-verse
    2007 movie-verse
    Robots In Disguise-verse
    Animated Armada-verse
    Animated Energon-verse
    Animated Cybertron-verse
    DW Armada-verse
    DW Energon-verse

Or would you prefer to see a reboot (i.e. "gee, I really liked the designs in Energon and thought the concept was good, but the execution just sucked")

Personally, I think it would be cool to dabble in each and do something like the mosaics but as an animated 3D short or so.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Ummm... didn't BW/M have a purely awesome and 3D series already? (i.e., no room for improvement due to perfection?)

Excluding those two, I'd say RID, just because I think the Robots of that series would look the best in 3D. (having a lot of BW moulds and more BW-esque vehicle bots)

3. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

Um, Beast Wars Season 1, the models didn't even cast shadows on the ground. I'll admit, Beast Wars went into high gear coolness by the time it hit around midway Season 2, especially when they got that global illumination setup going (or maybe it was Final Gather). Does anyone know what software was used for Beast Wars, and the renderer for the latter episodes? Thought it was Lightwave, but I could be wrong.