3A - Transformers: TLK - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee & Sqweeks - Premium Scale Figures

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by iOnlyEatEnergon, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Bob 121

Bob 121 Well-Known Member

So did they just forget to paint these or what? Kind of ridiculous since they did them well on the DOTM Bee but now they're just flat black with weathering. I thought maybe mine was a fluke but I see they're like this on the TFW photoshoot.

20181231_145730.jpg

2. EndWar

EndWar Well-Known Member

I've received the Bumblebee package yesterday, but to my surprise when I opened the package - the main Bumblebee figure was MISSING! Wtf!!! However the accessories (wing, hammer, etc) in the other packing compartment were still in tact. I think the figure might get stolen during transit as I don't think 3A would be so careless to missed-pack the main figure, but who knows..

@decemberist I have a small proposal. Its better to NOT print the details of the figure on the outer carton. The words such as "EXCLUSIVE EDITION" might attract thief, don't you think so? Take a look at Hottoys, they only print figure code/number on the outer carton. This can reduce the potential risk of the package from getting stolen as with that kind of words printed so obviously shows the content has high value. Just my 2 cents tho...

However this has really spoilt my Holiday mood... oh damn :( 
    IMG_20190101_194317.jpg

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  3. FACEBOX

FACEBOX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear that.
    The description on the shipper always puzzled me for that exact reason. A blank box with your address is all that should be on there.

4. World Prime

World Prime Za Warudo!

Ebay:
    That’s the worst thing I’ve ever heard! I’m so sorry :(  I hope they can replace your figure cause that’s a huge deal.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Our Prime set is up!

Optimus Prime (The Last Knight) - Reflector @ TFW2005

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That last shot, not the most realistic, but

1 - I don't normally shoot in continuous light, but needed to do so because that's my TV with the movie paused

2 - I am not great in Photoshop proper so the sparks are wonky. Key is, those are the figures and you can pose out the wing rip legit with almost no stands. I had a hidden stand under prime just because I was scared they'd tumble but really didn't need it.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  6. imranbecks

imranbecks Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice shots!

7. Alexander Fedorychev

Alexander Fedorychev yourboistinger

Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania located on Cybertron
    YouTube:
    Looks extremely good,but wish they acctually did something we love and that will be bumblebee movie prime

8. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz NOBODY IS READY FOR ASUKA!!!

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I REALLY love this line of figures!

It’s too bad they’re way out of my price range.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I have no insight either way, but I'd put money on that coming at some point.

10. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I prefer my Transformers transform, but this thing is gorgeous. I have Challenger, but I love how this pretty much scales with my 6 inch action figures. I may work some OT just for the disposable income for this and a matching Megatron. 

I wont consider spending 400+ on a MP Prime, but this thing, from scale and detail alone... my only concern is long term durability.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Intrepidation

Intrepidation Member

I actually like his AOE/TKL designs even though besides the colors and head there's very little about him that says "Optimus Prime" like his original movie design did. Beautifully crafted I must say.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Dark Prime

Dark Prime An Asshole Saiyajin

YouTube:
    Who preordered and will not probably get it quote this comment

13. World Prime

World Prime Za Warudo!

Ebay:
    I preordered a year ago and have received no indication that I’m getting mine anytime soon. Yay!

14. Hazard

Hazard Active Member

Got my bee in today, looks stunning, articulation is amazing. My only concern is that the thigh swivel is super tight on both of my legs, so be extra cautious of that.

Does anyone know if the hammer has a swivel? It seems to want to move but I don't want to over-torque it. It seems odd that you'd be forced to have it stuck at a certain angle. For now I'll leave it and just enjoy it for what it is.

15. BeeWave

BeeWave Well-Known Member

I receive my Bee yesterday. Absolutely, another awesome figure from 3A! I was really surprised at just how "different" he is from the DOTM figure.
    The only real issue that I've come across thus far, is this little piece that was in the bag with the cannon. I've looked all over and at pics and can't seem to determine where the hell this thing actually goes. Any help would be much appreciated.

Attached Files:

16. BeeWave

The shoulders on mine are pretty tight, hoping they'll work in.
    I had the same thoughts about the hammer, but seems the only real change for the angle is in the wrist articulation, at least as far as I can tell.

17. Hazard

Hazard Active Member

CF33598C-F930-4F02-BCC2-63E305ADB363.jpeg
    I had the exact same thing pop off on me while I was trying to put the cannon on. There’s a tiny little slot under the side arm panel. Little bit of superglue fixed it

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Hamlet

Hamlet Member

3A DOTM optimus doesn\'t look so accurate good, some partes are so bulky, But the TLK prime looks good

19. XIII

XIII Well-Known Member

My Bumblebee finally showed up.... And there is breakage right out of the box.

The left shoulder pauldron is broken. The 2 pins that attach to the armor plate are cracked and barely holding on. Probably someone not being careful and applying too much pressure during assembly. I have attempted to repair this first with superglue but it did not take. I then attempted with Bondene ABS solvent but it doesn't seem to want to cure. The shoulder armor pieces are a VERY bad design. There is only the two small pins connecting the armor to the mounting bracket. There really should have also been a cross member.
    BB_TF5_Left_Shoulder_001.jpg
    The right hand has busted second knuckle on the middle and pinky fingers. The pin was pushed through one side and cracked the opposite side. the fingers bend all wonky now. They are not repairable. The hands are a HUGE improvement over the DotM BB but are a bit on the fragile side.
    BB_TF5_Right Hand_001.jpg BB_TF5_Right Hand_002.jpg

I have contacted them for replacement parts.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  20. BeeWave

Awesome! Thanks so much! Just couldn't seem to find this one.