3A - Transformers: TLK - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee & Sqweeks - Premium Scale Figures

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by iOnlyEatEnergon, Jun 20, 2017.

1. PrimeVsPrime

PrimeVsPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Does anyone know when online retailers should start to have their stock on at least Optimus? I hope it’s before Christmas but I have a feeling it won’t be until February

2. FACEBOX

FACEBOX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I preordered my optimus on day one, and finally received it yesterday.
    Apparently mine is exclusive nr 13388 or B388. I can't tell by the bad handwriting.

It has been so long of a wait that I do have to admit that my excitement had waned.
    An excellent figure.

I'll be displaying mine as Nemesis Prime. It just looks more interesting to me that way.

I wish 3A offered generic display bases to really make these pop.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Bob 121

Bob 121 Well-Known Member

I've had my boxed up for over a month because I've just had no motivation to open the guy. I finally did last night.

Pretty sure it's because I'm just not a huge fan of the design, or maybe it's that I already had a few high quality figures of this bot mode, but I really got a "meh" feel from this one. I want to say the delays we're a part of it but honestly I knew I what I was getting when I bought something from 3A, so I don't think that was a huge factor.

I'm already bored with it. I screwed around with the guy for like 2 hours and was just done. Theres something about this design that seems so bland and uninspired. Usually when I'm on the fence about licensed stuff from 3A and 3Z I get it anyways because there's a big wow factor to their stuff once you get it in hand that makes all the hesitations seem silly. I got that feeling for about 5 minutes once I got a first glance at the figure, and that's it.' I'll admit I haven't even tried to put him in a lot of poses, mainly because it's just such a hassle to deal with something so big, but there's also something that seems off when I was comparing the figure with movie stills on my screen. Something about the chest and legs seems off to me in terms of proportions.

I'm genuinely looking forward to Bee though, that one I'm sure will be different because it's actually looks like the old designs when they were better IMO. But for this Optimus, I'm not feeling it at all. Definitely not 3As fault, more of Bay. So anyone who loves this design, disregard my post. I'm just a little disappointed that what should be the pinnacle of this design in physical form didn't rub off on me as much as I was hoping it would.

4. jream

jream PRO DESIGN

News Credits:
    got my notice for the final balance of the payment on bee this morning... said it would be about 30 days...

5. Bob 121

Same here. Except I paid mine in full almost a year and a half ago...

Tried emailing CS and their inbox is full. Typical.

6. Embalmer

Embalmer Member

Same here? or at least I'm pretty sure I paid in full, and the link they sent me says I still owe them money. Haven't tried e-mailing them yet though.

7. Bob 121

I knew I did because I had a feeling they were going to screw up the payment system since it's 3A trying something new.

You can check your Bambaland account to make sure.

8. Embalmer

Embalmer Member

I thought I did to, but I have like the worst memory so it's always best to double check. Oh right! Yeah just checked it, says I've paid it all.

9. FACEBOX

News Credits:
    20181114_222137.jpg
    I... am Harley Quinn Prime.

20181114_222608.jpg

The engineering behind the assembly and articulation is astonishing.
    I really hope to get the original 5 autobots with this attention to detail. However, I'm not sure I'll be as committed 6-7 years from now.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agree with you as 3A product is already so expensive :( 

11. robb0429

robb0429 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    *has become a skeleton waiting on 3A to ship out to other retailers like Chosen Prime*

This really sucks. I was actually on the fence about Flame Toys Tarn too, back when TCP and A3aU had him for $370, then when I finally decide to bite the bullet on him to fill the void 3A left me with, I find out he's sold out everywhere.

12. FACEBOX

News Credits:
    In terms of engineering, definitely the best 3A TF to date.
    The one thing 3A has taught me is patience, but MAN is it a long wait. At this point they are king of not caring one bit about riding the hype train.

20181114_222121.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. agp

agp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyway to contact 3a besides the full customer service inbox? I've moved since the original deposit. I updated my bambaland account address and my paypal address since. Prime went to my old address still. I'd like to avoid that hassle.

14. PrimeVsPrime

PrimeVsPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    How is the waist holding up? I hope that post we saw a few weeks ago was an isolated issue

• Like Like x 1
  15. FACEBOX

News Credits:
    No problems at all.
    Mine is perfect.

If I had to nitpick, it would be the adapter for the sword. If they gave it the ability to rotate, it would have been better.
    With the adapter installed, it cannot hold the Sword of Justice like in the poster.

20181116_203318.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. Hazard

Hazard Well-Known Member

Created an account just so I could reply to this thread. The waist on Prime also broke on mine straight out of packaging.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  17. FACEBOX

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear that.
    What was your next step? Are you getting a replacement? Did you have to ship the entire thing back?

Someone at the factory was having a bad day when packaging mine. Both hands were giving me the finger as I opened the box. :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 2
  18. DavidPrime

DavidPrime Well-Known Member

Christ that’s unfortunate, sorry to hear. Rest assured, 3A’s customer service is fantastic and they will sort this out for you.

19. Hazard

Hazard Well-Known Member

Yeah I had to ship the entire thing back, which was not fun on my wallet. I actually received mine really early, October second if I remember correctly, which made it even more disappointing.
    Oddly enough the tracking number appeared in my inbox days after it had already showed up

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Bob 121

I was having the same issue the other day. I'm not a huge fan of that connector either, and as great as the wrist articulation is, it's not great enough to pull off those ridiculously dynamic poses with the sword.

Classic 3A. I remember when my Titanfall ogre arrived with a broken Pinky and they wanted me to ship the entire thing back to replace it.

• Like Like x 1