3A - Transformers: TLK - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee & Sqweeks - Premium Scale Figures

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by iOnlyEatEnergon, Jun 20, 2017.

1. World Prime

World Prime Za Warudo!

Ebay:
    Same with hot toys. If they released at the same time as the movie came out they’d probably have a lot more of my money, but by the time the figure comes out, the next movie is around the corner and the character already has a new costume or something.

At least with Transformers the designs are intricate and unique enough to hold my interest for a long time (especially knight Prime) so I am still super excited about this figure. Plus I have a feeling that if they produce them more quickly the designs will have changed before the movie comes out and they won’t be accurate. We’ve seen this with pretty much every main movie line so far.

• Like Like x 2
  2. robb0429

robb0429 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Via the 3A twitter, as of June 4th, Optimus is schedule to ship out some time next month.

I wonder what the hold up is about. A year ago they had a painted test sample that was pretty much review-worthy. I wonder if they're making significant changes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Possible, but they are pretty slow in general and they did reveal 3 figures at once. I think more likely this is just the pace they work at.

Thanks for the update!

4. Aussiebot

Aussiebot Well-Known Member

And Bumblebee due August.

5. decemberist

decemberist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    That sample was not review ready in the least. It was the one painted prototype we had made, not tooled, and very very fragile.

Just how it goes. We're not happy with the delays either, but they happen.

These designs are much more complex than the previous ones and like every toy company we face the usual factory issues. There's always hold ups on different ends, plus approvals across multiple stages. It can take anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks alone for a single approval to get through all the departments they need to be cycled through.

• Like Like x 3
  6. World Prime

World Prime Za Warudo!

Ebay:
    As a designer myself I totally understand and we appreciate your hard work! Don't see our complaining as bad, but rather as an anxious manifestation of our excitement ;)  I just think we appreciate getting updates as often as possible.

PS: Can I ask exactly what "tooled" means? Does that mean the parts were sculpted and not made into a mold yet?

7. robb0429

robb0429 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Ahhh, gotchya. I guess what do I know lol. Thanks for the update!!! I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that the excitement and anticipation is through the roof for 3A products.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  8. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    :eek:  :eek:  :eek: This news are more exciting, than Bumblebee's trailer!!! Finally!!! Finally!!! My God, finally!!!
    Thanks for this incredible details! I now have a feeling, like figures are similar to swiss watches! If prototypes were so awesome, what we should expect in the final?!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  9. Aussiebot

Well said. ThreeA make such awesome quality figures that we're all just super excited to add them to our collection.

10. Sephiroth169

Sephiroth169 Well-Known Member

@decemberist

Is Megatron still planned? I have some other People in the Unique Toys thread
    that also want to know if Megatron is still Happening as Pre Order in this Year.

You are not allowed to speak that much about Products, but i and some other
    People really do not want to have Question Mark on top of our Heads the entire Year 2018
    asking ourselves if Megatron and Barricade are still Happening.

Even if your Company decides to cancel Megatron, there will be other 3rd Party Megatrons.

But still....since Megatron is a Little bit bigger than Optimus, i really would like to own
    such a Lifetime Masterpiece in my Collection.

11. decemberist

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    TLK Megatron is happening this year, been confirmed several times. Very soon actually. Plans for TLK Barricade were canceled

• Like Like x 4
  12. Aussiebot

Why cancel Barricade? Aren't you worried that will adversely affect sales of Bumblebee if he has no "partner" so to speak?

13. decemberist

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Not my call to make, and not one I necessarily agree with, but this was also mentioned a while ago that wave 2 is just Megatron

Bee is so vastly popular that the amount of people that would cancel their pre-orders because of no Barricade is such a small fraction that it wouldn’t affect anything

• Like Like x 2
  14. Aussiebot

Very interesting - thanks for the input. Barricade seems to be quite popular too. Strange indeed.

I really do hope you will do G1 Megatron though.

15. decemberist

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    G1 Megatron is not happening. TLK Megatron is..

• Like Like x 3
  16. FACEBOX

FACEBOX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My CC is ready to place the order.

17. Aussiebot

That is bittersweet news. I was thinking about buying the G1 Optimus, but I won't be now that I know there is no Megatron coming.
    However I am pretty keen on TLK Megatron. Can't wait to see more...
    Thanks for your inputs - they are much appreciated.

18. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All the more reason to do the 60's AOE black Bumblebee repaint, right? :p  :D 

I would think that a lot of your first BB would work with fairly heavy retooling in the chest area. Hands down my favorite version of Bumblebee. I may manage to scrap together the money for a few more of these (I'm getting the TLK/AOE Prime), but that's the only one that I would find a way to get no matter what. I LOVE that version of Bee.

• Like Like x 1
  19. crazee928

crazee928 Well-Known Member

i bought dotm prime and bee, and was really excited when g1 was announced, but it was just way to stylized for me. i was hoping it was something better to replace my hot toys prime, but just couldn’t buy into it. i wonder how many others out there held off on g1 prime bc of the same feelings as me...

• Like Like x 1
  20. World Prime

World Prime Za Warudo!

Ebay:
    I eagerly await Knight Prime. I'm guessing that details on Megatron will come out around the same time?

• Like Like x 1