3A Generation One Figures Announced and Optimus Prime Revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Onslaught24, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Retroheavy

Retroheavy Well-Known Member

I have HT prime, I love him. I was just messing with him a bit after watching this video.

Size is another factor, 3A prime is gonna dwarf HT prime and down the road you might want to pick up some more of 3A's other G1 figures, I think HT has given-up on Transformers after their Prime efforts kinda blew up in their faces. I don't see 3A jumping ship with their G1 line. Can't wait to see what their Bee/Spike looks like.

At the end of the day, I say buy both! HT prime, with a little searching and patience could probably be picked up for almost 200.00 and will always be awesome as a stand alone Prime piece.

2. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

Cool. Thanks for the input. I really only want one nice 'bot mode Prime for the shelf. Height isn't that important to me (and HT's being 12 inches actually makes it easier to fit on a shelf), but you're right in that the line is pretty much dead for HT, and especially after seeing 3A's G1 Megatron pics (which actually looks more conventional than the company's Prime), I'm finding it hard to pass up this new line. Just wish 3A hadn't stylized it so much. And yeah, I know there's the Ultimetal, but I'm not a fan of the removable panels gimmick, and it seems a little too weighted down with metal. Not to mention the price pushes it way beyond toy or even "adult collectible" range and into home insurance territory.

3. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    By chance (im not re reading the entire thread again and I forget lol), do you like the G1 Optimus Prime they are makinh here?

4. StellarJet

StellarJet Seeker

I certainly do!
    What can I say...I love G1, and the closer a figure resembles G1 the better! having said that, *sometimes* I do like to see some small (VERY small) touches here and there in order to help 'modernise' the look, to update G1 types to 'sleeker' and perhaps slightly more modern looks (let's face it, sometimes the 1980s cartoons do look, well..from the 1980s.... How would the characters look in a TF movie if someone decided to try to create one, recreating the G1 characters as close as humanly possible, but making sure they still look good and up to today's standards?) :rolleyes: 

So yes, as a perfectionist hardcore G1 fan, for me the look NEEDS to be based on the original series as much as possible (I want to see the characteristic paint jobs, the missiles/weapons in their right place, etc etc...). In regards to Starscream, well, as you said...I would like to see the exact same colours, wing designs, heel thrusters...etc.
    So yes, I admit it, I want a 100% G1 Starscream. But certainly, I would also accept *almost* G1. Guido Guidi's approach to new Seeker designs, for instance, is a nice example, and I admit that the designs look GOOD (My IDW Seekers 2010).
    It is a tough job to 'update' figs maintaining their original G1 essence, and I think 3A is doing a great job in this respect with OP.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Yup I have every IDW comic made that's not an exclusive (+ all Dreamwave's & most Marvels:p ) so I know what you mean by Guido Guidi's art. I think he's the one Husai-san got the idea for MP-10 where the ion-cannon pops out the back from the one (AWESOME) page. I love the "ation" series' and yes those F-22.Seekers were lit!

My favorite is the Don Figueroa Optimus Prime art from when IDW re-designed the comic in 2010. I'm still having a hard time deciding if I'm gonna buy GCreations Ultra Maxmus 3rd party, IDW (Figueroa) Optimus Prime!

• Like Like x 1
  6. StellarJet

StellarJet Seeker

I know what you mean! those figs have true style...:cool: 
    Ah yes...decisions, decisions...

• Like Like x 1
  7. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    And this year (+ last) ...even more decisions. :D  (you know because if it's not one toy or line, it's another. And another. And another. And another. And rhen a slew of 3rd party releases. Then marvel then Voltron, then imports, Star Wars, MOTU ect ect ect.... and ect. Lol

Don't forget about another lmao :p 

• Like Like x 1
  8. StellarJet

StellarJet Seeker

Oh yes, I know the (wallet) pain, believe me...:D 
    And imagine my situation, being as how I don't like to choose...(I want them all!!!):thumb 

• Like Like x 1
  9. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    More G1 stuff is sold than movie verse I imagine, so it was only a matter of time for 3A
    :redface2: 

10. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

That is AWESOME .... pre-ordered no matter the cost :D 

11. grimlock78

grimlock78 Well-Known Member

He is just above my price range....but I think Ill go on Sideshow.com and do a two month payment for him. I was on the fence but the design is so unique I like it.  And would lookdifferent enough next to myMPs

12. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    OMG I'm the same way! Its a bad way to be if your having money issues bc even through my money issues late last year I STILL was buying 3A Transformers and even. That blasted Comicave Studios Optimus Prime (where's Bumblebee Comicave?) the Shin 2016 Resurgence Godzilla ShMonsterarts, and the SOC VOLTRON so I'm not very smart some would say but then again I HAVE all my toys from the last 21 years so ...and akso I kinda got thus way bc Transformers and toys in general were NOT this expensive before the decade turned, it was how I lived. My gf always hated it but it wasn't as costly as today. This year im.not sure if u wanna go all out like last year or not :p 

13. StellarJet

StellarJet Seeker

Yep! absolutely...I know the feeling quite well ;-)
    (...and imagine when one is a relatively 'latecomer', and needs to pay re-sale prices for some of those toys...insane...totally insane). And at that, prices in Europe for any TF can easily double prices in Asia or US (doubly insane!).
    So yes, with my *don't want to choose* tendencies, I just try to use some 'purchase strategy' to spread costs (e.g., how urgent? LE vs normal editions?, number of stores carrying the figs), but apart from that, my policy is that if the fig is a must-have of my collection, then I will *always* purchase now (from retail) rather than wait till later (and regret it).

But hey! as costly as sometimes this can be, if we're happy with our purchases and our hobby, then it's money well spent...I say! :-D

14. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    I agree that it's monet well spent. I keep my packaging to minimize dust build up and safe way to store them, rhe problem is I been doing this a long time so I filled up all my storage units to the max wity boxes of packaged toys. So hopefully I can find a convention one of these days and unload more then half of them. The good thing is we own them and can always get back our money vrs someone that spends their money on music or drugs/alcohol partying. Because that money is gone once spent.

I gotta be honest though I'm really sick of everything in my way lol (no room, even with my condo)

• Like Like x 1
  15. StellarJet

StellarJet Seeker

Precisely. Excellent argument :cool: 
    (I admit I tell that to myself quite often...)

I cannot agree more. I do keep the fig boxes, as well as the shipping boxes (if the latter are in good condition, as they are also excellent when shipping stuff I sell), but with time the amount of boxes is starting to become simply overwhelming. I wish I could just subspace them... and voila!! :D 
    So yes, from time to time I try to go down to my basement and consolidate boxes, for sanity's sake...:rolleyes:  Although more drastic and definite measures will be needed in the near future. Oh well! I'll cross that bridge when I get to it!

• Like Like x 1
  16. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Hahaha :lol  "subspace them" make that and it's million dollar invention! ;)  Speaking of 'crossing that bridge when I come to it' I may have to move the end of April. I'm like "Are you fucking kidding me?" "Why did I give you 3000 in back pay to get caught up plus pay all my rent of you were gonna sell the place!?" Freaking scum-lords. Can't stand em!

17. StellarJet

StellarJet Seeker

Pff! What a landlord...:redface2:  I'd not be a happy camper in that situation either, I'd also probably be in panic mode (considering that I'm the type of person who would take ages to pack, in order to make sure everything was packed to absolute perfection...)

Keep calm and carry on man!:thumb 

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  18. Retroheavy

Retroheavy Well-Known Member

Peaugh Review!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting the video. It looks better in videos than in photos, but I'm still not completely sold on this figure yet...the odd angles of the torso and the lanky proportions...just doesn't feel like Prime. I think I'll hold on to my HT Prime. That said, I do look forward to the Megatron, which better captures the G1 spirit (barring the ridiculously large I'm-overcompensating-for-something fusion cannon). Even though it'll tower over my HT Prime, I could see myself buying that one.

Yeah, I ended up buying the HT Prime. Very nice figure, though the hip ratchets are a bit limiting as far as pose options. Still, my favorite representation of Prime in figure form, of all the Primes I've owned over the years.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  20. AzT

AzT Azlaroc, Yeargroup 431 News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits: