3A Generation One Figures Announced and Optimus Prime Revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Onslaught24, Jul 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    That's super rad! While I think the 3A looks JUST like the cartoon, and the MAS-01 reminds me nothing of G1 but more like Dreamwave, YOU actually think the exact opposite. lol Isn't it awesome being in a free country with Freedom of thought ? :) 

Now don't get me wrong just because I don't think he looks like the cartoon AT ALL doesn't mean I don't like him. I will definitely be trying to get MAS-01. He's beefy, mad articulation/posable, ratchet-y, SOLID!, and easy on the eyes. BUT at the same time I have 3A Transformers figures and they are playable and solid too. DOTM Bumblebee is by far the worst, probably because he's the first, & has parts that fall off but the actual toy itself is still solid. While Starscream and Optimus Prime have more solid construction then even Bumblebee. I believe this G1 3A Prime will be even more sturdy, between having 30% diecast and having less "pieces" hanging all over him then a movie model, he will be even more solid then ever (I hope lol)

BUT cost for value is probably gonna have to go to MEGA ACTION SERIES -01 OPTIMUS PRIME. And he takes the cake for more solid construction over the 2 figures, I'm sure too. But someone like me can always use another Prime. What's one more on my 21st year of adult hardcore toy collecting & buying up all the Transformers released since then? :-D

Thanks for the invested time you put into your reply always up for a good convo ;) 

2. decemberist

decemberist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The Joes and ROM we're doing will be 1/6th scale, unfortunately don't have the license for 1/12th, so they won't scale with G1. Design wise we are making them with the intention they are all part of the same universe.

And yes, we are planning to make a 6" Spike to go with Bumblebee. Bee is approx 9" tall

• Like Like x 1
  3. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Well I guess my.information on Bumblebee got the better of me hoping for the in scale Gijoe because I heard about the in scale Spike. It's nice to hear confirmation on the Spike figure 5 to 6 months after I heard it the first time. I'm sure others will appreciate that too ! Thanks for the input loving what 3A is doing with Transformers!

**Btw any chance I will be able to get re release of DOTM MEGATRON? Hes the only one im missing in the set** :( 

In the words of Optimus Prime; "AUTOBOTS, TRANSFORM AAND ROLL OUUUT!!"

4. NW86

NW86 Well-Known Member

Thrilled to see Spike & Bee down the line!

5. decemberist

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Sorry to say we don't do re-releases and we are fully out of stock on the DOTM Megatron.

The Chosen Prime I do believe have one left in stock though if you're looking for one. And it is the Bambaland Edition.

6. StellarJet

StellarJet Seeker

News Credits:
    A G1 Starscream pleaaaaase!
    The movie design is fine, but so different from the G1-like Starscream I was hoping to see for those films...

Not many dare to try a G1 version of SS for a statue, which is a shame! I hope 3A will give it a try...I'd love to see how SS would look f his original G1 design was used as a base for a new figure...His classic design is, for me, the best...:cool: 

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Holy sh** awesome man! I been meaning to sign up with them one day I just emailed them to ask them a question about possibly buying something & they were more helpful before I even asked, then most e-tailers I've dealt with. BBTS being the only one comparable. And they were very welcoming. I really liked their energy! I think I just kept using japan & bbts but I spent $11,476 since 2009 with Bbts and I don't get anything back for it. If I had taken my business somewhere else then I could of earned something. I don't spend as much now as I did 2010-2015 especially. But I still spend alot. Anyways thanks bro

8. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    When you say "statue" friend, do you mean static paperweight? Because I'm not sure if your aware but these are FULLY articulated action figures just in a much larger size. ;)  They have more joints then an action. Figure does on most occasions. Hope this clears things up

9. StellarJet

StellarJet Seeker

News Credits:
    Yes, of course...sorry... terminology!:cool: 
    I was trying to describe a non-transformable, highly detailed, *large* scale figure
    i.e., a 'statue'-purpose figure for display (which in this case also has the extra superb capability to adopt different poses to fit within our collection display):D 

hmmm...but now that you mention it...I wouldn't mind having a large scale G1 SS static paperweight...I'll include both in my wish list...:D :D :D 

10. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Ahhh I see you did know he was posable just didn't know what else to call it. No worries. And if your looking for a 12" vinyl cartoon looking semi statue semi figure (8 points articulation) look no further then Soap Studios Transformers Art Vinyl figures 12" Starscream. They do Optimus, Bumblebee, Megatron, & Starscream. BUT thats if you want cartoon likeness if your looking for detail and posability stay with 3A they are doing awesome work!

11. StellarJet

StellarJet Seeker

News Credits:
    I totally agree...3A figures are beautiful pieces of art, no matter the TF line they do :cool: 
    (that's why, after seeing their G1 Optimus Prime, I'm really hoping for a Starscream fig in this same G1 line...fingers crossed!)

12. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Im with ya on a G1 Starscream as long as they don't screw it like giving it a MP-03 look. Stick to the source material I say, especially when it comes to.the face helmet and wings.

• Like Like x 1
  13. StellarJet

StellarJet Seeker

News Credits:
    ***EXACTLY*** ...well said! give me *the* original Starscream :cool: 

• Like Like x 1
  14. Retroheavy

Retroheavy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Hands on video. So glad I preordered this guy!

• Like Like x 3
  15. crazee928

crazee928 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    damn, when i first saw the reveal i didn't care for the overstylized aesthetics, but after seeing that preview video i gotta say, he's growing on me. tempted to preorder but i already have the 3a movie prime and hot toys prime, and i'm running out of shelf space lol...

question: seems like bambaland doesn't have any exclusive items when ordering from their site, is this correct? might as well order from sideshow and use the credit i got from the hot toys exclusive...

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  16. decemberist

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    We didn't want to do exclusive items for the G1 line, instead there will be exclusive variants at retail. Some plans are still TBD and the items thing might change when it makes sense to do so.

Bambaland is good for when you have 3AA membership to get the discount or if you have the money now and you want free international shipping.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Retroheavy

Retroheavy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I have HT prime, I love him. I was just messing with him a bit after watching this video.

Size is another factor, 3A prime is gonna dwarf HT prime and down the road you might want to pick up some more of 3A's other G1 figures, I think HT has given-up on Transformers after their Prime efforts kinda blew up in their faces. I don't see 3A jumping ship with their G1 line. Can't wait to see what their Bee/Spike looks like.

At the end of the day, I say buy both! HT prime, with a little searching and patience could probably be picked up for almost 200.00 and will always be awesome as a stand alone Prime piece.

18. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    By chance (im not re reading the entire thread again and I forget lol), do you like the G1 Optimus Prime they are makinh here?

19. StellarJet

StellarJet Seeker

News Credits:
    I certainly do!
    What can I say...I love G1, and the closer a figure resembles G1 the better! having said that, *sometimes* I do like to see some small (VERY small) touches here and there in order to help 'modernise' the look, to update G1 types to 'sleeker' and perhaps slightly more modern looks (let's face it, sometimes the 1980s cartoons do look, well..from the 1980s.... How would the characters look in a TF movie if someone decided to try to create one, recreating the G1 characters as close as humanly possible, but making sure they still look good and up to today's standards?) :rolleyes: 

So yes, as a perfectionist hardcore G1 fan, for me the look NEEDS to be based on the original series as much as possible (I want to see the characteristic paint jobs, the missiles/weapons in their right place, etc etc...). In regards to Starscream, well, as you said...I would like to see the exact same colours, wing designs, heel thrusters...etc.
    So yes, I admit it, I want a 100% G1 Starscream. But certainly, I would also accept *almost* G1. Guido Guidi's approach to new Seeker designs, for instance, is a nice example, and I admit that the designs look GOOD (My IDW Seekers 2010).
    It is a tough job to 'update' figs maintaining their original G1 essence, and I think 3A is doing a great job in this respect with OP.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  20. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Yup I have every IDW comic made that's not an exclusive (+ all Dreamwave's & most Marvels:p ) so I know what you mean by Guido Guidi's art. I think he's the one Husai-san got the idea for MP-10 where the ion-cannon pops out the back from the one (AWESOME) page. I love the "ation" series' and yes those F-22.Seekers were lit!

My favorite is the Don Figueroa Optimus Prime art from when IDW re-designed the comic in 2010. I'm still having a hard time deciding if I'm gonna buy GCreations Ultra Maxmus 3rd party, IDW (Figueroa) Optimus Prime!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.