3A DLX Blitzwing

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by decemberist, Jan 8, 2019.

1. calubin175

calubin175 Well-Known Member

Dayum!

You guys already had faith in the Bumblebee film ages ago if you've been prepping up the designs for that long.

Just keep making more please, including Cybertronian Bee etc.

Fingers crossed that Hasbro decides to do a Cybertronian film reusing the same Cybertronian designs from BB, then you guys could do all of them.

I love how these DLX guys are between 20cm to 30cm which is much easier to collect and facilitates for a wider range of characters. Keep up the good work.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019 at 3:20 AM
  2. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

I'm keeping an eye open on Amazon, waiting for the preorder.

Blitzwing looks really awesome, I would like to see Starscream and repaints of other seekers like Thundercraker and Skywarp. That would be a great collection!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Georgii10235

Georgii10235 Well-Known Member

They probably did it because there were already going to be two triple-changers in the movie and that meant more toys since there would be an extra one for each alt-mode, so they thought they could get away with it. When I say 'they' I mean Hasbro because it's obvious they made Travis arbitrarily call the seeker Blitzwing, since he's traditionally a jet-tank triple-changer. Proof is in the fact that 'Blitzwing' has a toy where he transforms into a tank which he never does in film, not to mention he was never named in the film.

I believe this is the most common explanation as to why he's named Blitzwing as well as marketing since a nameless seeker wouldn't cut it and random seeker names won't stand out to a general audience - who probably wouldn't know who Blitzwing is anyway but I guess it's a cool name? I mean, it kinda hyped both fans and general audiences since there was an implication that he would triple-change, so it was kind of a publicity stunt similar to how Sony kept implying that Spider-man would be in Venom, except neither happened?

Regardless I just hope it doesn't mean we won't get a proper Blitzwing in future movies because they could just always ret-con it to be a seeker with a different name like how they did with Brawl in the first movie (when he was called 'DEVASTATOR') or just simply one which took the name of the original Blitzwing similar to Beast wars Megatron.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Retroheavy

Retroheavy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    PRE ORDER COMPLETE!!

5. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

...likewise cliffjumper...

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    If this gets retooled and redecoed into Starscream, I might not be able to help myself. It looks incredible.

7. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Tax refunds?

8. Balzari

Balzari Well-Known Member

Re the inevitable Dropkick and Shatter figures, I noticed from a Baby/Deformed Bumblebee movie thread that they both have 2 decos.
    One with just car kibble and another with helicopter/jet kibble.
    Never noticed this before.
    I wonder if 3A will provide attachments or will there be 2 of each figure?

9. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pre-ordered at TCP for now along with Bumblebee.

I can't believe I just pre-ordered non-transforming Transformers....:confused: 

• Like Like x 1
  10. Retroheavy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Blitzwing and Bee are now probably my two most anticipated 2019 figures. Also really looking forward to Iron Warrior TFP Optimus which is also another non-transforming Transformer, Lol.

11. franpincho

franpincho $449!!!!!!!!

Why do people seem to tolerate Movie figures/statues that don't transform than G1 figures/statues that don't either?

It is simply an observation, nothing more. I buy whatever the fuck I want, and so should you.

12. calubin175

I love non transformables and accuracy. Every transformation cheats except for those from Car Robots, Unicron Trilogy and the Classics line.

I hope there will be reissues if they run out. When they reveal their Optimus, demand for Blitz and Bee will go up even further.

I suspect that the potential Shatter and Dropkick will be their final form versions but it would be nice if they could incorporate some parts swapping if deemed feasible.

I still want Cybertronian Bee. The chest makes it more combat orientated.

13. iOnlyEatEnergon

iOnlyEatEnergon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For the accuracy. For G1, the figures are able to essentially look exactly how they looked in the cartoons. The G1 designs are super simple. There isn't any bolts or car parts that are separated into chunks to form the overall design.

It gets a hundred times more messy when you start to take these complicated movie Transformers design and also try and have them actually transform into these sleek cars. You end up with this toy that kinda looks like the bot mode but also doesn't due to it having to transform back.

It's why a lot people prefer these figures because they are exactly what you see on screen for the bot form.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Retroheavy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I could see cybertron bee and Camaro Bee.

15. Digger

Digger ごはん は おかず

Twitter:
    Well what’s G1? If flame toys is G1 I’d have to say those are fantastic and way better than this. Imaginarium, that shit I hate.

16. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Accuracy. The Sunbow designs lend themselves well to toys that transform. The Movie designs require hundreds of dollars just to capture the appearance of the robot modes. Few toys have done as good of a job of transforming on top of this. Primus knows the cheaper toys often tend to do both poorly.

17. transgeek2345

transgeek2345 Well-Known Member

I honestly wish they offered these extremely detailed figurines in smaller scales (at least 3/4ths or 1/2 of these \"Deluxe Edition\" scales) so that I can find a place for them in my shelf. That Blitzwing would look amazing, but I would have nothing to scale it alongside nor anywhere to put it. 

18. calubin175

Does anyone have any screenshots of the camaro bee? Is it different from the 2007 movie one?

19. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Yes, he looks different. He doesn't look like how he looked in '07, but rather it's Beetle Bee from the Bumblebee movie with Camaro parts. Here's a non-bootleg image from a TV spot:

downloadfile.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  20. calubin175

Thanks, I just want 3A to release a more mature Bee variant for their DLX line.

It will be interesting to see if their Optimus will be Cybertronian or Earth styled. The studio series one was Earth style.

So either Camaro Bee with Earth Optimus or Cybertronian Bee with Cybertronian Optimus.