3A Age of Extinction Evasion Optimus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Red Goblin, Mar 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HayateCrawford

HayateCrawford Member

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I think the same! I have DOTM Optimus and the only thing I am not satisfied with it is the mask can not come off or switch. This feature in this new version is absolutely attractive.

2. FACEBOX

FACEBOX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have also noticed the inclusion of the 5th wheel on Prime's back.
    Nice!

3. davidhunternyc

davidhunternyc Well-Known Member

Weijang vs. 3A. I'm going to split the difference here. I think the Weijang OP is incredible... for what it is. The fact that it transforms is awesome. In figure mode the Weijang is not as convincing nor as stunning as 3A's version but 3A's extreme details preclude it from transforming into truck mode.

I have, in the past, tried to lobby 3A into making a fully transformable DOTM OP or at least make a truck-mode-only OP with working lights, horn, and truck sounds.

I love my 3A DOTM OP. My only regret is that I did not get in on the pre-order for the Bambaland exclusive so I had to pay a hefty price to get the exclusive from eBay. I will not make the same mistake this time around with the 3A Evasion version. Brilliant move, 3A. It will be my second Optimus Prime from 3A and also my second Transformer in total. I own no other figures from any other company.

I would love to have a DOTM 3A Bumblebee but I passed on their last one because the eye sculpt was not accurate enough for me and the scale was too large. 3A? Please, please revisit DOTM Bumblebee and fix what was wrong with the last mold. My Optimus Prime is getting lonely without his little buddy.

I just sent in my $200 deposit to Bambaland. I am so excited to get this new figure. It will be such a great addition to my DOTM OP. It will be like owning 2 different masterpieces by the same artist.

I sometimes flirt with getting an Iron Man but I don't want to start being a collector. : )

Also, a new Bee would have to be smaller and more in scale to the movie version.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  4. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    I believe strict licensing issues would exclude 3A figures from transforming simply because HasTak does not want other companies competing with them in the toy market when it comes to transforming robot figures that bear their character IP likenesses.

There are the odd exceptions such as licensed Transformers figures that transform into pens, baseball caps, sneaker shoes, and gaming equipment (video game consoles, tablets, and peripherals like headphones and USB devices) but they rarely include alt modes that are considered G1 accurate or media canon.

I totally agree with you on Bee. I passed on him too mostly because he's too big and out of scale but I have my doubts whether 3A will revisit that particular figure and offer us something smaller and more to scale with Optimus. 3A did offer the half-size versions of Metal Gears Rex and Ray but the licensing issues involved are most likely different between Konami and Hasbro (that and the DOTM license is expired, I believe).

5. davidhunternyc

Yes, I get you. Licensing, licensing... yawn. Really? If 3A pushed to get renewed licensing to make improvements to DOTM Bumblebee and, perhaps, to make a fully transformable DOTM Optimus Prime with the same detail and exactitude as their non-tranfomable OP, I know 3A could do it. With licensing comes royalties and money for the Transformer enterprise. 3A? Just do it.

Also, I did a poll awhile ago asking which was the best movie version of Optimus Prime, DOTM or AOE. I completely agreed with the results. DOTM is superior. The fact that 3A made a version of OP from AOE that is on par with their DOTM OP is amazing. Well done.

What Is The Best "Movie" Version Of Optimus Prime: DOTM vs. AOE?

6. decemberist

decemberist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Nope. Doesn't work that way. Transformations are completely off the table.

• Like Like x 3
  7. davidhunternyc

Well, as disappointing as this is, at least we have a solid answer. Thank you. I am surprised, however, at you giving up on Transformations. The Autobots are not happy nor am I. You did not, however, give a response to a better scaled, more accurately sculpted DOTM Bumblebee. Can we at least hold out hope for this? My Optimus Prime is so lonely. He needs his Bumblebee, and don't think we are fools. Yes, a smaller Bumblebee doesn't have to mean he has to be cheaper in price. Make Bumblebee perfect and we will pay.

“There’s a thin line between being a hero and being a memory.”

8. decemberist

decemberist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    If we were able to make officially licensed transforming Transformers, they'd already be happening.

I'm unable to give lineup or figure details.

• Like Like x 3
  9. davidhunternyc

Keeping trying. We stand behind you. Autobots... unite. The Decepticons must be defeated.

... and since I have your ear, I have a challenge for you guys at 3A. Yes, I get it. It is difficult to make a fully transformable DOTM Optimus Prime, and yet... another issue for many of us collectors is that your DOTM Optimus Prime is made from... plastic? This doesn't gel with what I have seen in the movies. OP is a robot. He is made from metal. How about simply taking your existing DOTM Optimus Prime mold and cast him fully from metal? Heck, I would pay triple the price for an all-metal Dark of the Moon Optimus Prime. Feel the force... woops, wrong movie.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  10. FACEBOX

News Credits:
    I see this figure has already been released.
    Anyone care to share pictures of it? The worn paint looks great!

11. davidhunternyc

I paid for it very early but I'm still waiting. I don't think it has been released yet.

12. xronhide

xronhide Active Member

it's already released, those who resides in china & HK get it first (of course it's where 3A factory & office located), and the rest of the worlds will follow in 2-4 weeks usually....

• Like Like x 2
  13. FACEBOX

News Credits:
    Found on Facebook: FB_IMG_1497200086622.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  14. davidhunternyc

^^^ Gorgeous photo! Thanks for sharing.

• Like Like x 1
  15. FACEBOX

News Credits:
    Found the guy on Instagram:
    20170613_112628.png

• Like Like x 3
  16. FACEBOX

News Credits:
    From another forum:

attachment-26.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  17. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Got mine in today. Don't have time to do a full 100+ pic set, but I did bang some out tonight. Will have the full gallery up next week.

3A Evasion Prime 01.jpg 3A Evasion Prime 07.jpg 3A Evasion Prime 08.jpg 3A Evasion Prime 26.jpg 3A Evasion Prime 30.jpg 3A Evasion Prime 31.jpg 3A Evasion Prime 43.jpg 3A Evasion Prime 37.jpg 3A Evasion Prime 41.jpg 3A Evasion Prime 61.jpg 3A Evasion Prime 49.jpg 3A Evasion Prime 50.jpg 3A Evasion Prime 56.jpg 3A Evasion Prime 59.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  18. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
  19. CobraKai

CobraKai Well-Known Member

I thought he was white in Age of Extinction. 

20. EnerJohn

EnerJohn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I\'m sorry, buy how much is this again? 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.