3A Age of Extinction Evasion Optimus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Red Goblin, Mar 11, 2017.

1. FACEBOX

FACEBOX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok.
    Point made. Thank you for contributing nothing towards the discussion of this figure.
    You can go back to the Weijang thread now.

Us 3A audience members like this overpriced irrelevant brick and will spend our disposable income on it. We don't settle for "good enough".

• Like Like x 10
  2. decemberist

decemberist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You'd be wrong, based on how well the Dark of the Moon Prime sold. The engineers and I own Weijang products and we're fans for the most part, but their paintwork is no where near the realm of ours. Anyways..

3AA Membership is no longer available for this year. Membership opens annually for 24hours mid-January of each year. It's good if you want the discount or you buy multiple toy lines from 3A.

There will be non-refundable deposit options this year for the higher priced items like the TF's, which are open for all. Pay a chunk at the time of Preorder and then pay the remaining balance before it ships.

• Like Like x 5
  3. FACEBOX

News Credits:
    Aww man! Missed the boat again. -_-
    Good that there's now a payment plan option available for these pieces.
    Hopefully the good sales numbers will warrant a revisit to the Dark of the Moon licence.

• Like Like x 1
  4. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    My point was made, and was valid. Your opinion on the matter is irrelevant. You are most welcome to waste your money on this, but I suspect you are in the minority. And "good enough" in this case is a very close call. The Weijang option will surely scratch the itch for most people wanting a larger, premium version of the Evasion Prime figure.

5. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:

You are comparing a STATUE to EXHIBIT with intricaye detail vs a regular figure.

Okay...

6. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Dude has been on a streak of shit stirring for the sake of shit stirring in a lot of threads recently, it seems. Best to just put him on your ignore lists and disregard his constant derailing of threads and irrelevant off-topic trolling.

Agreed that 3A figures are beautiful works of art. The fact that they're articulated is icing. The weathering paint job on Optimus looks awesome!

• Like Like x 7
  7. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Yeah, it's STUPID comparing a FRKNG STATUE with a regular figure that doesn't have that level of detail or size, one have another way or direction than the another.

8. Timesynch

News Credits:
    Yeah, comparing apples and oranges. Plus, folks are allowed to enjoy both products if they want. No need for silly "it's either one or the other" narratives either. Why even draw lines in the sand to begin with?

But more to the point, the topic of this thread is about 3A Evasion Mode Optimus, not Wei Jang's products (even as cool as they are, they're not the subject that should be discussed here since it's off-topic and is derailing the thread).

It should also be pointed out that 3A products are not statues. They have articulation and are action figures that can be posed in different ways. Sure they can't transform (as they were specifically designed not to in order to achieve greater on-screen robot mode accuracy) but they still have many joints/points of articulation and are extremely poseable.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  9. primalxconvoy

News Credits:

I think you have a few typos there, but the Weijang isn't a "regular" figure. It's an upscaled KO with ADDED details, parts and extensive paintjob. Arguably, this figure raised the bar for all future KOs.

10. xronhide

xronhide Active Member

Hi there, my first post here, google bring me here, any other pics of this masterpiece? I'd really like to see back part and any other details about 3A Evasion Optimus. thanks

11. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    By 'regular' figure i mean one THAT TRANSFORMS, but 3A isn't supossed to be that.

12. robh

robh Decepticon

Ebay:
    I noticed that, and agree with you. My ignore list has been growing recently. Somehow his opinions are facts. Love that kind of arguing.

• Like Like x 1
  13. robh

robh Decepticon

Ebay:
    This is my biggest problem about the newer designs. No kibble, so the don't look like they transform. I like most of the first few movies' designs.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Timesynch

News Credits:
    Seems to be the direction the wind is blowing these days, sadly. As if pointing out the number of "likes" his posts get is any way proof that something is factual. That is literally the definition of bandwagon thinking. :lol 

Anyway, back on topic. I'm interested to see how 3A will do the energon blades. On their DOTM Optimus, the swords can be slotted into the sides of the forearms, or they be fitted with optional handle parts so he can hold them like normal swords. I'd imagine they will do something similar with EM Optimus.

Hopefully this means Lockdown and Galvatron aren't too far behind, as are AOE Bee and Stinger (easy red repaint).

15. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hear! Hear!

I was toying with photographing my weijiang next to my 3A, but hadn't gotten to it (possibly with my 4Ever as well). They're all great for different reasons, but the paint on 3A is absolutely superior. (the real crime is how much better the paint on Weijiang is vs Hastak)

• Like Like x 1
  16. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

It has to be black 60's Bumblebee! :p 

I'm also curious if we'll end up with red drift or black drift (or both). I think I may like red better, but the vote isn't in yet having not actually seen him in action. (Not that it matters, I can not keep getting these things. Sideswipe would have been the other I would have done- but unless they get a ROTF license at some point that isn't happening.)

• Like Like x 1
  17. primalxconvoy

News Credits:
    I know that.

18. Timesynch

News Credits:
    I totally agree that 60's Camaro Bee is cooler (and I say that even as a Mustang fan). But I'm looking at it from 3A's business perspective and what would give more repaint potential. If 3A offered Starscream in his first movie F-22 camo deco, I'd be all over that.

Agreed that a 3A Sideswipe would be bought on sight (still a possibility since he appeared in DOTM - "Looks like we have ourselves a Mexican stand-off!" - and if 3A ever revisits their DOTM license). Always loved his design and it's a shame that he was unceremoniously killed off-screen.

• Like Like x 1
  19. primalxconvoy

News Credits:
    My opinions were most certainly not trolling. No line was drawn. I simply compared the product to its closest rival. If some here got offended and defensive if their own desire to buy this product then that's their problem. The only derailing that occurred was when people started to post personal attacks. No problem for me, but probably irksome for others. The "likes" consent was perfectly acceptable; one poster stated that my comment wasn't pertinent, yet my comment was "liked" more than theirs, showing more popularity at the time.

20. FACEBOX

News Credits:
    I would imagine that evasion Bumblebee would be just as if not more simple than evasion Prime.
    Just retool those awful eyes, slap on a new chest sculpt and repaint the figure.
    As for Bee and Stinger, I hope they don't realease one as an exclusive at the same time as the other. (like 3A has done in the past with other properties) I need some breathing room of 2-3 month between releases.