360 problems

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Ra88, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I'm having a very odd problem with my 360. When I played Oblivion yesterday I noticed that it hangs for a bit when I do stuff (loading, open start menu, save, open inventory, etc.) and I thought it was because of the game.

But when I started Oblivion again today, the X-Box was stuck on the first screen for about half a minute before FINALLY loading Oblivion. But that game seems to load everything a bit slower then yesterday, and I'm getting a bit worried, especially since I heard that a 360 with loading hicups is about to experience the Red Rings of Death. :(  I just wish I played my 360 a bit more (haven't touched it in two weeks) so that I could have known when this started.

So, anyone know what's wrong with it? Oh, I've had it since early august and it was a Super Size Pack, if that helps.

2. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    If it goes red Microsoft should replace it farley quickly. But is the game disk in good shape? Any dirt or scratches on it? What happens when you put other games in?

3. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Haven't tried other games yet, gonna do that in a few minutes. But I just unplugged it to put on my room (my brother has his TV way to high and it's fairly annoying when playing FPS), but both the jetengine-thing and the console itself are fairly hot, for some reason. Don't know if it's supposed to be hot, since I've never paid any attention to it.

EDIT: It's just Oblivion. Terrific. Looked all over the disc for scratches/dirt spots/etc, but I couldn't find anything.

4. CompuGlobal HyperMegatron

CompuGlobal HyperMegatron Nobody summons Megatron

You might need to clear your 360's harddrive cache. I'm not 100% sure about how to do this, but a quick google search would probably tell you.

Also, I've found that the 360 throws off lots of heat. On days when I'm gaming all day, my apartment definitely gets a lot warmer than it would otherwise.

5. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I've read about it, and it doesn't seem like a smart thing to do to me.

6. CompuGlobal HyperMegatron

I did it for Oblivion, nothing went haywire at all. There's a way specific for Oblivion (I think it might be holding the two bumpers while the game loads, up to the Bethesda logo), and a way for the harddrive itself.

7. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    You mean this?

(Found it here: http://www.joystiq.com/2006/06/09/xbox-360-hdd-cache-clear-code-discovered/)

8. CompuGlobal HyperMegatron

Yah that's it. I think it's Bioshock that uses the bumpers, then. But, anyway, yeah I did that and I didn't encounter a single problem. Are there reports of problems?

9. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    According to the Oblivion Wiki, there are a LOT of bugs:

http://oblivion.gamewikis.org/wiki/Bug#Disk_read_errors

And thanks, gonna try it now. :) 

EDIT: It worked! :D  Thanks for the tip!

10. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

That one clears your whole cache (including all game updates/patches).

From the Oblivion website.