360 Demo Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Deadend, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

I love playing a scout and I find that running off by myself and playing as a lone wolf is great :) 

My personal best playing like this is 21:1 and my second best was 24:4

I cant wait for the game to come out so I can play as some jets ;) 

2. ronin0510

ronin0510 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lol i suck horribly at this game....

3. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

Yeah, except for they're not....? Not even in the demo where you only get to choose from 2 types instead of 4.

Have you even played the game? The scout class has HALF the health of the soldier. And you can still see them (just barely) when they're cloaked. The playing field in the matches I've been in has been pretty darn even.

4. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've observed no problems in class balance so far.

5. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Have you even played the demo?

If it was such a problem you'd see more complaints about it. So far yours is the only one I can see.

6. King Henrik

King Henrik Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    wow I never realized that could happen, i always had a much more stable connection with a cord than with wifi(which i use, for convenience)

I'm not 100% i know what you're talking about but how could someone window drag on an xbox?

7. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Word. As long as you're paying attention you can easily spot the shimmer of a cloaked scout and react accordingly.
    One glancing blow with any weapon is enough to make them visible again.
    Its the sneaky buggers that get you from behind that are a pain. Even then, its just them doing what you're supposed to do.

You wouldnt play Team Fortress 2 and say the Spy is a terrible idea because he can cloak.

I cant wait to see the rage about the Scientist's diguise ability if cloaking is this big of a problem to some :lol 

As far as I see it; annoying as getting killed by a melee to the back from a cloaked Scout is, I bet Scout players are equally as annoyed at being dropped in seconds by the X-12 or Thermo rocket before they can get a decent hit in.

8. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    I think HM intended on having the Scout and Soldier being the only useable classes not only because they don't rely much on support like the Scientist and Leader do, but also because it's a good example of how two classes that seem like a terrible pair-up are actually balanced enough to put up an equal fight.

9. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agree'd

Also its not like soldiers are under powered one blast from the main gun can take off most of the scouts health and then theirs Whirlwind.... I really don't like Whirlwind even at the best of time since you cant block it and it will f**k you up

10. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Without a doubt. You get a direct hit with the vehicle gun and its all over for a Scout.

11. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Exactly. The game is robust enough that even limited to two classes there is no real outlying balance issues I can spot. Scouts can seem to be a bit overpowered since they have crazy good abilities and seem strong compared to a soldier who should be the brute fighter, but then again we haven't seen what the other two classes will bring to the table. The scout is seems to be the main burst damage dealer since he's given semi-auto weapons that do high amounts of damage (charging gun, shotgun, null ray, pistol) while the soldier uses a more constant stream of pain, which is harder to aim at nimble scouts, but doable (Scrapmaker and assault rifle). They still work well together.

For all we know, Leaders and Jets could dominate scouts. The abilities the leaders get that buff the team and lock transformation/abilities will shut scout's main advantages down when their enemy is stronger than average and the scout can't quickly transform. Jets can use the sky to their advantage to get out of the shotgun range and avoid null rays with their speed, on top of the shockwave ability to shove them out of range and healing their buddies so random pickoffs don't happen. Sentry spawning could destroy the mobility of a scout since it will auto target, sort of like in TF2. And then we don't know how how the rest of the weapons and perks work. Heck even kill streaks.

I feel as though all the classes will be able to kill one another fairly well, but there will be some advantages. For example, The thermo rocket will shut down enemy scientists who like to remain in vehicle mode. Leaders may have a combat disadvantage to soldiers due to having less heath and lower maneuverability. We'll see how it pans out, but so far, so good.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Extremely well put.

13. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

Duh, I was thinking PC which I game on. My bad. Dunno how someone would do it on an X-box.

We'll see how the stealth pans out but in my experience people will overplay any stealth type class. Only worse thing was if they gave them a sniper gun that can 1 shot people with a head shot. I'd prefer the stealth over that. It's nice to have a mix of classes though but most people will go easy mode when gaming. We'll just have to see which class that is but I am hoping for some balance.

14. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:

This is why I love the scout. They have such a specific job involving speed and stealth that I do very well. I love speeding off the ramp, transforming in mid air and bringing down the hurt on an unsuspecting soldier by unloading a few rounds of the shotgun then meleeing them for the killing blow!

15. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

This demo is pretty amazing, I love how everything seems pretty balanced. I can't wait 'til I can have a team of my friends coordinated. I wanna' be a leader to pump my teammates. What's everybodies best game? mine was a 26 kills 4 deaths, switching between scout and soldier near the end.

16. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I still think some of you guys are too worried about the scouts dominance, even matched up against only soldiers. I was the leading killer my last 5 games in a row with a soldier. Some times scouts get an annoying stealth kill, but they're not dominating the soldiers by any stretch in the games I've played it.

17. kingbenny78

kingbenny78 Active Member

I'm not great by any means... my best I think was 15 kills, 4 deaths? But I admit the competition was not very strong in that particular matchup. I'm at the point where I usually have more kills than deaths, but not by a large margin. I prefer using soldier and I don't find scouts dominating. The demo is awesome... very fun, but I hate those stupid host disconnects. Multiplayer is a fun diversion, but I'm really looking forward to single player experience... for the story and the boss fights!

18. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

It's not a question of dominance but a question of overplayment of the class. Too early to tell obviously but I think of how BFBC2 games usually are. You play a game and over half of yur team is playing a scout as a sniper just soloing and not contributing anything really to a team based game. Which is kind of ironic because when played right the scout is the best squad component in most match types.

Be interesting to know if scouts have skills that make them more team friendly.

19. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    You say that like you don't know everyone's gonna be rollin' Seekers as soon as they get the chance.

20. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't wait to see the Leaders. They're supposed to be pretty balanced.