Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy/Optimus Prime Ver. 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Retroheavy, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Yup that's pretty standard. Since the trailer is so big it would be kinda cool if it had more than one support arm - have Prime posing mid-air with a couple of Autobot buddies. Or have him fighting mid-air against Megatron over his trailer.

Two inner stories inside the trailer to store more than one carbot at a time (+ Roller).

2. Bianyaqi

Bianyaqi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm calling it now. If this thing happens, in order to boost sales (because those of us who are happy with MP-10 will need to be persuaded) they will have to include another Autobot, a figure who can't be purchased separately, most likely a mini-bot, and I'm saying it will be Huffer. And the only way to get him will be to purchase this set. It would be a smart move. Because I'm not buying it otherwise, but if they introduced a new Huffer that is better than Badcube's?? Then I could be convinced.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    But what would I do with a trailer? That just takes up space.

• Like Like x 1
  4. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it depends if it include the trailer it would boost the price to high the mayority of the people dont want a 3 mp prime the only way of guarranty to sell well, is release a std version only with gun and a dlx version full exclusive to takara mall
    otherwise i predict they would not sell to well do you believe a lot of people are going to spent 400 on a piece of plastic with no die cast and that in 3 year we most probably see the 4 version i dont think so, a lot of people didnt like mp-10 for the same reason but it sell well because the movies get the attention of people who have forget about transformers, but now they dont have the movies, been honest the franchise is on the border of death, the movies no longer attract the amount of people they want, no cartoon is on tv and kids no longer want toys prefer cell phones, right now every move they make they should think it twice specially takara who got economical issues right now.

5. CaptJagged

CaptJagged Well-Known Member

Line art posted that confirms nothing: “They better not MAKE me have to buy another trailer!”

If they actually left the trailer out: “How dare they MAKE me have to go track down an MP-10 if I want a trailer! It should be included!”

I’m always torn on whether I’d want to read forums if I worked at Takara or Hasbro. On the one hand, customer research to know what people want. On the other hand, I’d read hundreds of pages and still have no clue what people actually want....

• Like Like x 18
  6. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im pretty sure they will have no problem selling a new Optimus or a new Optimus with trailer,contrary to belief. There were people who swore MP1/4 was better and MP10 still sold well enough. The same thing will happen again,

• Like Like x 3
  7. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Except this time it really will be better ;) 

• Like Like x 5
  8. Canbot

Canbot Well-Known Member

You know, it just dawned on me that the only reason I started to collect autobot MPs was because of MP10, but not the Takara version...it was the Hasbro version for me, which I had to wait for the Asia Reissue to get. To me, that was like the first Mp10+ bot we got, lol. If he didnt have that paint scheme I doubt I would have bought one.

On a side note, whennis this new Figure King mag coming out with any new info? Im seriously not going to think about a V3 Prime for another 9 months on speculation. I mean, they didnt tease like this for Megatrons update.

9. CaptJagged

CaptJagged Well-Known Member

Megatron got leaked like crazy though, right? Or am I misremembering? That would’ve changed their teaser/reveal schedule.

Edit: my point being we need a hero in the form of an underpaid sculptor in their studios who wants to take a few pictures of whatever this is :) 

• Like Like x 1
  10. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    So good.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yeup. Any new Prime will do just fine.

• Like Like x 2
  12. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Except if next year turns out to be a bloodbath in the financial markets, which is possible. This year has the smell of 2007.

Last crisis I was able to pick up Buster Optimus MISB for less than 50 USD. Once the market recovers (like 2 years later), that thing shot up to 150.

Again, it all depends on where the Yen is next year. Yen at 80 will mean this thing possibly at 350. Will some people buy it? Sure. But I bet most won't.

The next few years will separate the true believers from the depending-on-the-price-I-will-wait-for-the-KO crowd.

13. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    I want a really accurate real truck cab with a normal rear section (I don't know how to call it hehe). MP-10 has a quite big rear due to the robot mode legs...

I want a trailer too! And if possible a fifth wheel connection / coupling to the cab!

• Like Like x 5
  14. blaine71274

blaine71274 Recovering completist, recently fell off the wagon

I wish they would give us the option to buy him and the trailer separate. Mine will just sit in the box. However, if they made it where it transformed into the power master apex upgrade, I'll take it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    So your saying MP-10 has a big dumper ?

16. gambitprime

gambitprime Well-Known Member

Well, I am glad you prefer to argue about the arm communicator instead the inclusion of MP Elita-1 :D 

17. My BaLl JoInTs ArE lOoSe

My BaLl JoInTs ArE lOoSe Well-Known Member

This new Optimus Prime must come with that power transfusion cord from "The Search for Alpha Trion."
    Imagine Optimus doing a "power transfusion" with all of your toys in your collection. :D 

• Like Like x 5
  18. Silvershot

Silvershot On The Double Dutch Bus

News Credits:
    I hope we get flame effect parts to recreate this:

46686841-364F-4B0C-8B82-B9A0B7A72EB5.png

• Like Like x 10
  19. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

Aww ... the ultimate Optimus “U gone learn today!” moment ... classic materiel

• Like Like x 1
  20. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Hahaha well, not exactly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.