35th Anniversary Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Retroheavy, Feb 21, 2018.

1. hellex

hellex Well-Known Member

The true World Sport Events are the World Cup and the Olympics. The rest are regional.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Prime135

Prime135 Cyber Planet Key holder for "This Land" TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Whatever you want dude, have a good one.

3. artimus prime

artimus prime SCALE Debater that collects multiple TF lines TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I'm more excited about this than I thought I would be. I'm already planning on getting MP-1. It would be nice to have a Prime that can fully recreate his reverse dunk poses. MP-10 doesn't have enough articulation to do it well. Plus a V3 would give me an excuse to get snickered at by trophy wives for taking the toys to the park for a photo session.

Edit: Put me on the list for having a basketball as one of Prime's accessories.

• Like Like x 2
  4. franpincho

franpincho Snowflake magnet

He was being fair, I think. And we know what your stance on this is already , hellex. Yes, you have the right to let us know on a daily basis, but you do realize nothing is going to change, right? More "+" editions are coming, it is inevitable.

A V3 Prime is coming. It is silly to think otherwise. And those complaining to no end about it will buy one.

I'm buying 3. And it is going to sell like hotcakes regardless of your position. Hell, I'm sure you'll buy one at some point. You do seem to enjoy 3P figures too, so I ask: are they not releasing stuff left and right that would fill some voids on your collection?

We know TT is slow. But most of us are fine with that on these sides of the boards. We just deal with it.

5. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Truthfully? Yeah, me too.

I absolutely ADORE MP-10 but if v3 rocks it, I’m basically guaranteed in.

6. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any concrete proof that this is a new MP Optimus Prime or people are just speculating because of that pic on the front page, the way people are going on here it would make one think there has been something concrete revealed, has there?

I also think we will be getting some MP news very soon!

• Like Like x 2
  7. oku

oku Oh.

News Credits:
    @Sam carry your broken record again

• Like Like x 1
  8. malware5

Somehow I knew I would get an answer like this.....and yet I asked the question, my bad.....I guess!

:lol :lol 

9. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would be cool if they staggered new line art with the reveal of new releases. ImagiQuick Replyne TB or Brawn and they tease the line art for his legs or Blaster's reveall they tease his waist, Jazz or Hoist they tease the new trailer. If they ever started putting on more, those releases over the rest of the year, he better ready for full reveal by the end of the year and the tease wouldn't be the only thing to get excited about.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Revan1307

Revan1307 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]hope it looks like this

• Like Like x 7
  11. Jdk504

Jdk504 RED WOLF

MP1/MP4 is a must. I got rid of my MP10 a few months back hoping that TT would put out a more cartoon accurate OP. MP1 is really on a whole other level compared to other MP figures and toys/collectibles too, with all due respect.

I picked up MP1 and MP4 (my collection is 1 in each mode) and although he is out of scale next to my other bots (Sunstreaker MP39 at the moment) he still looks awesome. The features in that guy are astounding. Practically unheard of

at the time of release and even today so, its unmatched. My wife gives me the stank eye everytime I pull him out to get all nerdy. Although my two girls love it. Especially when I get MP36 Megs involved.

Like, you I am excited for this guy. I'll definitely be picking up two of V3 and MP1 and MP4 will get moved down a shelf or two.

PrimaVinci, awesome! This looks very close to MP1. Especially in alt mode

• Like Like x 1
  12. Soundwave GI

Soundwave GI Well-Known Member

Yeah, I asked about the same thing a few pages back and got some smart-ass BS response about not reading the previous pages, which I had. Yet it was a comment as to why it would be Prime v3, not a shred of added evidence. I’d love a prime v3 toon-style, but almost hope it’s not so that pompous members who are so bothered by people that don’t have time to read every page of every thread are wrong. I’ve repeated myself and answered the same question many times on these and other boards. Never forget, there are people that live here, and you better stay off their lawn.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron Great Again!

Vitruvian Prime!

As much as I don't really need another Optimus, I'm in because I'm a sucker for a good-looking Prime. Just not sure what I'll do with MP-10. I already have MP-1 and MP-5 on a different shelf by themselves. Might just put him back in his box.

BTW, are we even sure that this will be a MP?

14. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I posted this a few pages back, @malware5. Nothing's confirmed, and I'd certainly be interested to hear some theories as to what else it could be, but all the stars are aligning:

People not reading threads is just a pet-peeve of mine, meant you no offence man.
    I think calling me pompous or my response smart-ass/BS is a little over the top, though.

15. Soundwave GI

It’s exactly how it looks and reads though. I am very up on this stuff and read hundreds of pages. So when you apologize for repeating yourself, it sounds like apologizing while you repeat yourself for some assclown who can’t be bothered to comb back in the thread. Well I had read everything and still saw zero concrete evidence. Plus, not everyone reads back 50 pages in this case, or hundreds in others. That’s time not everyone has or they are just excited about the topic and want to ask. So I apologize if you weren’t being pompous, but then maybe word it differently...there are only your words here to get your mood across, even if you don’t mean it that way. Truce.

16. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah fair point. Think maybe I had let the general negativity of the thread at the time colour my words, while your actual original post was pretty neutral and just asking if you'd missed something. My bad, man.

It's definitely a lot more fun to speculate about what v3 Prime might include or how he might look, than to talk about why we don't need it or if it's even really happening, so I guess I was hoping eventually the discussion would turn to that. Would love for some people to come in with some more digibashes, maybe there are even talented folk out there who could try and 'finish' the drawing, give us an approximation of how the rest of Prime would look!

17. Soundwave GI

Agreed, I’m waiting impatiently for more information. I am on board with wanting a v3 as I absolutely love the toon direction Takara, along w a lot of my favorite 3P, is headed. I know it’s not popular with everyone. A lot of people think MP10 is perfect and are probably upset that there could be the next one ‘replacing’ it with a style they don’t like. It’s salt in the wound of the direction TT has headed must likely. However, if it truly is a toon style OP, it’s party time for me. My MP10, however, will always have a place on my shelf due to his general badassery. There’s no way to appease everyone, but I’m sure they’ve taken into account what they feel a lot of customers want. I’m actually glad their prices are up and that you can see it in the figures. Some over simplify what a toon Prime could be, but take a look and the new Megs and Sunstreaker with their increased part counts, paint apps and articulation...then imagine how great a Prime like that could be. That’s what I want to see.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sounds like you and me are right on the same page! Also love the toon look, at the same time my MP-10 isn't going anywhere. He'll be my toy-inspired Prime - I've already given him yellow eyes and silver biceps (I hope to one day sit him on a separate shelf with MP-31 and MP-2). I guess for those who love the blended style this is kinda the final nail in the coffin, by releasing Optimus Prime with the emphasis on the toon they're clearly cementing the aesthetic going forward - but then you could argue we've been on that path since MP-22).

Totally agree that the increase in price is worth it. Sunstreaker, Megatron, these are incredible action figures, let alone TFs. And all the actual transformation seam lines will make v3OP seem far from plain like people are fearing. Those useful transformation lines are much more interesting to me visually than added detail taken from other sources (though I do like a bit of that, too). I hope they increase the pace of the schedule a little, though. I think maybe they slowed it down to allow people the time to get used to the new prices, but I'd love another carbot and someone like Blaster to join ranks alongside our new Optimus Prime.

19. malware5

Thank you for the insightful contributions as usual, Sam, yes, I have read that very good speculation/analysis but the way fanboys were going to and fro and pro and or against a new V3 prime sounded like there was something new and concrete, that's all. No need to apologize to me, I know the feeling..."You're a TF fan and an MP collector who drops lots of cash on this hobby.....read the fucking thread pages yourself!?" Hahahaha!

:p :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hehe, yeah it can be easy to miss actual pieces of news in a thread that moves fast. I guess it's always worth checking the homepage, the news staff are usually pretty quick at posting something when there's actual news.

Sadly I don't think we can expect anything else until the next Figure King at the earliest.

• Like Like x 1