Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy/Optimus Prime Ver. 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Retroheavy, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AspiringCreator

AspiringCreator Well-Known Member

What I will say though is even as a fan of this and Prime in general? I kind of hope after this the Masterpiece line starts moving forward and either giving redos to the figures that absolutely need it and that it just keeps expanding to include more characters from other continuities. I mean third party companies have already shown that MP-style and quality figures don't have to just be made for G1 and that there's so much more that can be done. I know some people don't really like that we're getting stuff such as Beast Wars and Bayformers MPs and to that I shake my head since you are free to spend your money however you want to and thus there is no need to moan about that kind of decision though for those who are mostly in it for the G1 representations? I do get some of the frustrations. With that said however, the Masterpiece line to me was never strictly about G1. Once the Bayformers got involved, it showed us the possibility of how this could be the perfect collector line that celebrates Transformers as a whole and not just one section of it. I mean imagine getting some stuff from the Unicron Trilogy out of this, content from the Japanese exclusive Transformers series, even though the toys were already pretty good, just imagine getting some stuff from Prime that was much more high-end. The possibilities for this line are basically endless and I really don't want to see it spent just doing nothing but churn out G1 characters and revamps of the same guys over and over again.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Words cannot describe how I could not possibly care less about yet another MP Optimus Prime. Wake me up when new characters get announced.

• Like Like x 5
  3. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Silence would be the best expression for not caring.

• Like Like x 22
  4. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator

News Credits:
    Better yet, a separate thread hidden in the depths of the forums where like-minded individuals can share their frustrations about this...except I’m sure it wouldn’t be very popular, because I’m convinced most of these unhappy people come into threads like this one, purely to get pleasure from being contrary.

I swear this place would be a whole lot more peaceful if they had ‘lovers’ and ‘haters’ versions of every MP reveal thread. :lol  Kidding, of course - I’m not a fan of unnecessary censorship. ;) 

People need to remember, that this is a 35th Anniversary release, much like the iPhone X recognised the tenth anniversary of the iPhone. A flagship piece, to recognise the success/longevity of a product/brand.

As has been said many, MANY times, Optimus Prime is the most iconic character in the franchise, I challenge anyone to come up with a better suggestion for marking this anniversary.

For these reasons, I think it’s obvious that Optimus isn’t ‘taking the place’ of another character - it’s more likely that no other character can take his place, for an event such as this.

Of course all of this could be for nothing, and they may simply release a Transformers history book with design sketches and stuff hahah.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 8
  5. kaszal

kaszal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Genius.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Yes, god forbid someone express an opinion...I forgot I’m posting on the internet, thank you so much for the reminder.

• Like Like x 3
  7. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    You had trouble expressing your carelessness and I provided you the tool. You're welcome.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    I believe the point of his post was that if the opinion you wish to express is "I don't care", then your best course of action would be to not post at all. By posting you have intrinsically suggested that you do indeed "care". :p 

• Like Like x 11
  9. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    He had an irrational hatred toward an unborn toy but didn't want to admit it.

10. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    #when sarcasm goes wrong :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  11. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Buttflap confirmed

• Like Like x 3
  12. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Cognitive ability of a rock

News Credits:
    It has to be fully cartoon accurate. No buy if it doesn't have a buttflap.

• Like Like x 4
  13. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Plus not buying .... yes?

• Like Like x 2
  14. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  15. HairyDawg

HairyDawg UGA - Go Dawgs!

I am sort of on the fence with this. Will I buy it? Yep. Would I rather see some other release? Yep.

For the many “how else do you celebrate an anniversary” comments... I guess I am missing the relevance of a 35th anniversary? I mean 25th anniversary I get, but the justification for another prime that many are giving would sort of imply that we should get a new version every 5 years. 35th anniversary has no significance. I am ok with another prime, but the “Hey, its the 35th Anniversay” arguments don’t make any sense to me.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator

News Credits:
    A number of companies have celebrated, or are celebrating 35th Anniversaries.

Sometimes it’s just a nice/fun thing to do? Why would a 25th Anniversary be any more relevant than the 35th? Or a 20th Anniversary for that matter?

Would you rather they didn’t mark the occasion at all? Seems kind of mean-spirited.

17. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    The only mean spirited behavior here is that 35th anniversary does not bring us Galvatron. What does it take really? Direct Social Security contribution?

• Like Like x 2
  18. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Maybe when 35th of the 1986 movie!

19. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    They can celebrate it, but really the celebration is just a ploy to try to get you to buy more stuff. Let's call it what it is. If they really wanted to celebrate the fans who have supported the franchise for 35 years, we'd get something more than a toy they will make a mint out of. For instance, I'd still love to turn in all of my G2 robot points for something since that was a scam they carried on for 4 years with literally no redemption ever offered. Oh corporate America!

At the rate Masterpiece is moving, he might not make it out until the 40th anniversary anyway. :p 

• Like Like x 3
  20. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Nah. One day they'll notice sales diving off a cliff and they'd realize that most of us are already in old men's home waiting for the end. Then and only then will they release Galvatron for one last cash grab.

Heck if we write HasTak into the will, they might just release Cyclonus and the Sweeps for us to carry into the hereafter!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.