35th Anniversary Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Retroheavy, Feb 21, 2018.

1. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

I'll take rainbow unicorn digibashes over pointless bitching and bickering any day.

• Like Like x 14
  2. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @Seth Sunthay , @chchchch - make it so! :) 

• Like Like x 10
  3. chchchch

chchchch Floptimus Prime

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Pinterest:
    I can't believe I forgot that version! :lol 

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018 at 9:07 AM
    • Like Like x 5
  4. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Talk about Snowflake city central!? Welcome to today's internet where if you don't agree with the consensus/popular opinion you'll be chased out of the forums by the mob, sheesh! Get off Incepticon's nuts already! The man had something unflattering to say about all those random digibashes which mostly act as clickbait, get over it, not everyone is going to enjoy or agree with everything you do. Maybe you should heed your own advice and not pay that much attention to his post(s) if they bother you that much!?

• Like Like x 3
  5. Sam

Sam #moremasterpiece

News Credits:
    People have the right to post digibashes.

And people have the right to complain.

And people have the right to complain about the complainers.

And people have the right to complain about the complainers complainers about complaining.

And people have the right to complain about those complaining about the complainers complaining.

And people even have the right to make dumb lists like this.

But every step down the list just gets dumber and sadder (including this post, probably). So let’s stop?

Has anyone figured out where the doors end up in alt-mode, and the sides of the truck? I can see where the front parts and roof all go, but can’t figure out exactly how the doors fold up. I assume the bottom section of the steps and the gas tanks might fold out from the legs. I really wonder if the front wheels will fold in the same way as MPs 1 and 10 too. Domething about it all looks different.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018 at 10:05 AM
    • Like Like x 9
  6. chchchch

chchchch Floptimus Prime

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Pinterest:
    I have been racking my brain on this all week. I can't see any seamlines in the doors or sides that give clues about folding and that central vertical pin seems to run the entire height of them, so I don't think they have any horizontal folds. So they look too big to me to be stored in the backpack; all I can think is that they rotate into the central interior of the torso somehow and go all the way from his waist to near his head (on the inside).

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018 at 10:08 AM
    • Like Like x 1
  7. MSWF377

MSWF377 Well-Known Member

I’m curious about the matrix. Think they’ll make it the same size so it still fits Hot Rod and Ultra Magnus? Those are two of my newest figures and I’d have to sell mp10 to afford v3. If hate to lose that matrix if the new one is different

• Like Like x 3
  8. Sam

Sam #moremasterpiece

News Credits:
    Yeah, all we have is that vertical pin that folds the sides of the truck in half. I wondered if the rounded top we're seeing here is somehow the top of the door

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 15.06.43.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 15.06.20.png

[​IMG]

But looking at the door again I don't know if it's that rounded anyway. And anyway, what about the part above the truck door, that's all attached to the same panel.

I guess with so much of the truck folding away into the backpack (the front and roof and bumper), it's reasonable enough to assume that two truck sides could fit folded in there. But then what about the wheels?

I also wonder how much the shape of the torso changes in between transformation to truck mode. Like, in what orientation is everything sitting behind those truck windows. Is the matrix still in the same position, just behind the 'shoulder/neck-area' flaps, or has it completely moved to the bottom like MP-1 and 10.

• Like Like x 7
  9. G2 Superion is fabulous

G2 Superion is fabulous Your standard gay teenager

The garbage can behind your local Applebees.
    I seriously don't understand how where you're getting the term "Snowflake" from. Even though I disagree with its usage in general, you're not even using it correctly. The term "Snowflake" is usually used to mock those who attempt to be unique solely to be unique. You're literally using it in the exact opposite context than was intended. Also, fun fact: the term was coined by the author Chuck Palahniuk in his book: Fight Club, a book written as a critique of toxic masculinity. Those who use it are inadvertently using the same verbiage as a parody of themselves. Just wanted to throw that out there...

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018 at 10:25 AM
    • Like Like x 6
  10. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That’s pretty much my thinking too. The truck cab sides have a fairly obvious double hinge (between the two vertical grab bars) that would allow the entire side panels to fold in half on themselves, opening door included. The folded in half cab sides I’m guessing end up in the middle of the torso behind the matrix chamber but in front of the roof panels and backpack which is made from the front of the truck.

• Like Like x 6
  11. chchchch

chchchch Floptimus Prime

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Pinterest:
    Blarg, I wish I wasn't on my phone right now so I could draw a circle, but there's also what appears to be a joint just to the lower right of the blue circle you drew that could maybe be part of a door swiveling inside. There's a clearer view of it in the one rear overhead shot (sorry I can't find a good copy to attach at the moment).

• Like Like x 2
  12. chchchch

chchchch Floptimus Prime

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Pinterest:
    Yeah, I just can't see where else they could go without folding up more. I'm also guessing that the forearms end up in their traditional position, but are just covered up by the thin door/side panels, but who knows.

This is the shot (ignore red circle, look at blue circle):
    sketch-1541778336064~2.jpg

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018 at 10:47 AM
    • Like Like x 2
  13. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    Well, to be fair, he didn't INVENT the idea. It was social commentary. Even as an older Gen X-er, he was raised with his parents and teachers and all the adults in his life telling him and every other kid that they're a beautiful and unique snowflake. No one else in the world is quite like you. You're so special.

And it takes a cynical twist when Tyler Durden reminds us "You are not a beautiful unique snowflake. You're the same rotting matter as everything else. You are not your job. You're not your fucking khakis."

In the last two years, the use of the word seems to have gotten distorted by implying that people are fragile and will melt.

I don't think Fight Club was written about "toxic" masculinity at all...it was about ALL masculinity.

Go listen to Chuck's interview with Joe Rogan from a month or two ago; it's pretty fascinating stuff. Both he and another recent guest (Billy Corgan) remarked about how weird and strange and awesome it is to have their work be so popular and influential that basically anywhere they go in the country (and in some parts of the world) people will quote their work on a daily basis. That's gotta be a wild feeling, knowing you had that much influence on the public zeitgeist. Maybe Pahlaniak more than Corgan....the whole "The first rule of ____ is" quote that people use and of course the snowflake quote getting thrown around and bastardized and misinterpreted.

Anywayyyyyyyy.

How bout that Convoy huh? Ain't she a beautiful sight?

Come on and join our convoy
    Ain't nothin' gonna get in our way.
    We gonna roll this truckin' convoy
    'Cross the U-S-A.
    Convoy!

• Like Like x 4
  14. G2 Superion is fabulous

G2 Superion is fabulous Your standard gay teenager

The garbage can behind your local Applebees.
    You seem more educated than me so I'm gonna shut my mouth. I'm really sorry for throwing everything off topic! Yeah! I genuinely am excited to see how this figure shapes up! It looks better every time I see it!

• Like Like x 3
  15. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I won't do that but you gave me an interesting IDEA.

I'll be back, with weapons.(or bashes)

• Like Like x 3
  16. e prime

e prime Well-Known Member

I for one can't wait to see this guy transform.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 TFW2005 Supporter

I just hope his paintwork holds up ok after everything is folded up/in/over/under haha. I’m assuming there may be some scrapes here and there, but we shall see I guess!

FFS if I have to wait much longer for news I’m gonna bust a gasket! :lol 

• Like Like x 5
  18. My BaLl JoInTs ArE lOoSe

My BaLl JoInTs ArE lOoSe Well-Known Member

*flashbacks to FIRBIB, Trukk not Munky, Transformers Animated Designs, whether or not Bluestreak was blue, Beast Machines death threats, etc.*

• Like Like x 4
  19. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I read your post and kept going “uh huh” after each example but then started laughing out loud when I got to Beast Machine death threats.

It’s funny because it’s true.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Stigcrafter

Stigcrafter Andrew

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Wonder how this will hold up against my current G1 Primes, I mean they all have pretty solid vehicle modes...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 16