Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy/Optimus Prime Ver. 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Retroheavy, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    Why did this remind me of this

[​IMG]

and this

[​IMG]

LOLOLOL

• Like Like x 4
  2. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Exactly what I was going for lol.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Remember that Daca Toys head add-on for MP-10?

[​IMG]

(pics from our own @OptimusTimelord)

[​IMG]

I think it's amazing how much better OP-3's head nails the movie look.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That side profile!!
    MP-10 did have a nice face (sold mine last night :thumb ), but he always had an odd side-profile.

[​IMG]
    His eyes just look way too far set back, and his mouth plate sticks out too far.

[​IMG]

The bigger, deeper head works a lot better here:

[​IMG]

The attention to detail we're getting is really lovely to see. This really is 100% 86 movie Prime:

[​IMG]

Looking again at the side profile, Prime's face is set pretty far forward in the helmet, but the seam is quite far back. This leads me to be believe that the entire front of the helmet will come off, not leaving the 'eyes' or a face-plate underneath as I previously thought. We might get some interior detailing to homage something like this:
    [​IMG]
    But we're probably more likely to have a completely blank section underneath revealing the electronics, like with Dinobot.

So I wonder if they'll make a subtle difference to the eyes with the S1 head. I always liked the way they were drawn here:

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 00.39.06.png

This also means the battle-damaged head will definitely be able to have damage on his nose

[​IMG]

I wonder if they'll make his eyes squinting or a little bit more closed, too.

It would be pretty awesome if the LEDs had a flickering effect, too. And as said, it would definitely be awesome if they faded out when they turned off. Gotta recreate this heart-breaking moment:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
  4. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sam your posts of Prime are definitely what I need right now. Thanks brother. Please never stop. Sincerely.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Thanks for reading them haha
    I just can't stop poring over the pics we've gotten. I know the magazine scans haven't been so great yet, but it's pretty cool that we got so many decent photographs from various angles at WonderFest.
    I haven't been this psyched for an upcoming MP since Bumblebee or Ironhide. Megatron was announced at a time when I was kinda getting out of the game, but his arrival really sucked me back in as a lifer. That we're getting an Optimus Prime to match and even exceed MP-36 in accuracy and posability is mind-blowing.

Screen Shot 2018-10-20 at 15.23.15.png

Hoping we get spoiled in 4 days.

• Like Like x 5
  6. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah I bought the Daca head cos I was never really happy with MP-10's, but in hand it didn't quite work so I just kept using the stock head. Prime v3 looks to have done the job much better!

• Like Like x 4
  7. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    I think you made the right choice. The DACA head just aimed to recreate that one frame from the movie

[​IMG]

but they interpreted the angle all wrong. Good effort, though.

It's a shame this custom head wasn't made ages ago:

[​IMG]

It's crazy how excited I am about this release, and a big part of it is that I can't wait to see OP-3 in your Masterpiece Reanimated! I wonder which scenes you plan on tackling first, any ideas?

• Like Like x 4
  8. Optimus Prime23

News Credits:
    It’s gotta either be the Sherman Dam fight or their final battle from the ‘86 movie. It’s just gotta.

• Like Like x 3
  9. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ha ha, I don't know yet, I'll probably be remaking a few of the transformations I did with MP-10 though! :) 

• Like Like x 4
  10. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Between MP10 and V3 Optimus,the difference is staggering,its like night and day.And to be honest V3 looks like he just stepped out of the tv,this is so going to replace my MP10.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wh33ls

Wh33ls Original G1 kid, and loves Beasties as much, eh!

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Ok, this has been bother me for a while now, and I thought that the TFW2005 community can help me out. There is/was a Optimus Prime head either 3rd pty or official that had a switch on the side/cheek area of the helmet that slides out a microphone for Prime to communicate with, it slid out from the front flat part of the cheek helmet. But for the life of me I can't find any pics of it, and now I'm beginning to believe that it was just in my head, and I'm just going crazy.

12. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    I definitely remember seeing the screencap of that from the cartoon, but don't remember ever seeing a 3P head with that feature. That'd be pretty cool.

To non-collectors I'd say the difference is a lot more like 'night' and 'later that night' :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  13. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  14. e prime

e prime Chosen by the matrix

Toyworld primorion. It is their take on a studio ox prime

• Like Like x 1
  15. Optimus Prime23

News Credits:
    Ok, I said on one of the MP 17+ Prowl threads that I recently found the Impossible Toys energon cubes on eBay. These things are pretty rare. I had a set before, but foolishly sold them a few years ago, before my renewed interest in the Masterpiece series. Let me just say, I think they go great with the current animated style of MP Transformers:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  16. VariaTheHunter

VariaTheHunter Active Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It never really occurred to me how much MP-10's headsculpt resembles S1 Prime's head until comparisons were drawn in this thread. They seemed to have pretty much nailed the S2/Movie headsculpt on OP v3. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing a S1 head option as others have mentioned.

The DACA head always looked a little strange to me to be honest...

17. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    @Dean ML pointed out a few years ago that MP-10's head sculpt takes a lot of cues from Ginrai. Have a look:

Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 00.37.19.png Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 00.37.15.png Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 00.37.05.png

It's true that the smoother features of MP-10 better resemble the S1 head, but Prime was pretty rarely drawn with a completely straight mouth piece, there was pretty much always that upwards angle meeting at his nose.

The reason I brought up the Daca head in the first place is that new Collector's Coin for the 30th anniversary of the brand in China bears a slight resemblance to it...

[​IMG]

I think having a look at how they do the S1 head is what I'm anticipating more than anything. That and the energon axe. And maybe the battle damage too haha.
    Everything else they do with the trailer or accessories is just a bonus.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator

News Credits:
    Cool little feature. From memory, I believe it’s from “Quest for Survival” - when he’s talking to Perceptor towards the end of the episode.

Pretty big fan of that ep., but I could be wrong hahah.

• Like Like x 1
  19. VariaTheHunter

VariaTheHunter Active Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    @Sam
    Ohhh, yeah, you're right. It does resemble Ginrai. I'm kinda seeing elements of both Ginrai and G1 S1, but it seems more heavily leaning toward Ginrai. Which reminds me... I REALLY need to sit down to watch Super God Masterforce one of these days...

Battle damage would be icing on the cake. I hope they nail the Energon Ax, and I feel like what they did with MP-10's trailer was already pretty spot-on, so anything more than that would definitely be a bonus.

Now my question is... can we get the huge oil tanker ship from "A Plague of Insecticons" so that he can throw it at Megatron?! :D 

• Like Like x 2
  20. Wh33ls

Wh33ls Original G1 kid, and loves Beasties as much, eh!

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Thank you guys! I was hoping that this 3rd version of prime was going to incorporate a similar feature, but it looks like a diffinate no. Oh well.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.