Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy/Optimus Prime Ver. 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Retroheavy, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agent 539

Agent 539 Blackrock Gas Attendant TFW2005 Supporter

I would love for TT to continue to display the accessories like this. I get a sense of pride with this presentation method.

I was just thinking of something crazy. What if part of the trailer does have turn into a basketball hoop? Even though trailers do not have driveshafts, they could put a long bar underneath with the backboard portion slotting into the trailer. The rim folds and thus bothers nothing. Could possibly double as a flight stand for the iconic movie poses blasting Decepticons. They should also include a Cosmotron.

• Like Like x 3
  2. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man this is not even a crazy idea. I've been saying there will be a hoop inside since the beginning of the month. Let's hope we're both right, because a super articulated Optimus dunking on Tracks, Inferno, and Smokescreen is what we all need in our lives.
    It just occurred to me that we can recreate the entire scene. Certainly a hoop is a surefire inclusion.

• Like Like x 4
  3. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I'm still holding out hope that Prime will actually be the much more epic-sounding MP-50 and surprise! MP-45-49 will actually be Jazz, Mirage, Trailbreaker, Cliffjumper, and Brawn which were secretly under development all along!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Trip

Trip Prudentia Fortitudo Temperantia Iustitia

You know man, that might be kind of cool if they give us a price break. Last few mp price tags have been obscene.

5. Agent 539

You’re right. I’m acting real brand new on this one. I was just thinking of the most logical place they could intergrate it into the trailer and no one will bat an eye with a pole running down the center of the underside of the trailer. The accessories of Ironhide, Ratchet, Inferno and Grapple were too plentiful for them to turn away from that method now. Even the faces and swappable front ends were great bonuses.

We should get ready for Prime to play NBA Jam.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Datsun87

Datsun87 Doomed shuttle casualty

HE'S ON FIRE!!!!

• Like Like x 8
  7. DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll Well-Known Member

The Beginning Of Beast Wars!
    Prime was the first, The Predacons came after.
    It is only fitting that their descendants be subordinate to the Maximals, the true inherent s of Primes will!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Agent 539

Sounds legit.

• Like Like x 1
  9. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

After watching the movie for the very first time in the theater, I realized that I NEED this in my life now.

• Like Like x 10
  10. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Same, brother!

• Like Like x 5
  11. franpincho

Yes!

We have yet to see how the BD parts are implemented on this guy, I am so excited!!!

So many things left to see!

• Like Like x 1
  12. e prime

e prime Chosen by the matrix

Oh rats. I missed it. Meant to take off to see it in theaters

13. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I'm so bummed I couldn't make it. But if I left my wife by herself to do bedtime with the three kids under 5, well...V3 Prime would no longer be a concern for me ;)  I suppose I'm lucky I was able to see it during the original run.

• Like Like x 5
  14. My BaLl JoInTs ArE lOoSe

My BaLl JoInTs ArE lOoSe Well-Known Member

Since now there are TV show accurate G1 and Beast Wars figures, let's have toon accurate Energon figures.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  15. Celaeno

Celaeno Well-Known Member

I’m so glad I’m not the only one who went ‘...man, I need to see when those preorders open up.’

• Like Like x 3
  16. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Nah, I think most of us who are religiously following this thread are dying inside a little every week POs don't appear. Or anything for that matter!

• Like Like x 5
  17. franpincho

What's the first thing you all do when opening your MP's?

Transform them? Admire them? Feel them? pew pew?

Personally, time is now limited being a dad and all, so I like taking my time whenever I have it.

A glass of Bourbon is a requirement.

I don't transform them first thing, I actually like to check the contents, and most importantly, the booklet. That trivia related to the accessories included always gets my attention. I do wish I was fluent in Japanese.

Then I try the accessories, every single one of them. They are likely never taken out of the box again, unfortunately, so I pick the ones I like best.

Main dish is to transform. And lately, Kobayashi & co. have delivered.

• Like Like x 9
  18. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    I first check out the box, watching pictures only as I don't speak Japanese. ;) 

I then open the box. Carefully open the plastic holding the MP and its accessories. I take out the MP first, look at it from all sides, feel the weight. Then the accessories are checked out. Next is the booklet, watching all the pictures. I like the screenshots showing why they included a certain accessory, why the gun looks the way it does, et cetera.

Now it's time to transform the MP for the first time. I love those moments when I'm all impressed with how they did something, the true Masterpiece moments. Once transformed I try out some stances, make some photos of my latest acquisition and app them to my brother and a good friend, who both can appreciate it.

Working full time, having two young boys, all this has to happen in the evening after they went to bed. By the time I'm done with unpacking the MP, it's time to take the dog for a last walk and get ready to go to bed too. Last thing I do before going to bed is placing the new MP with the rest of my MP collection. A last look at all my MPs, a happy feeling of nostalgia, a smile on my face, feeling like a little kid again.

And then I wonder who the next MP will be and when it will be released... :D 

• Like Like x 11
  19. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Great question @franpincho, and a fun way to pass the time while we wait for more pics :thumb 

I gotta say, there's nothing quite like the feeling of opening an MP. The feels when pulling MP-10 out of the box for the first time were amazing, especially because these MP boxes don't have a plastic window. I got the same rush again with MP-36 last April - only even more intense! Like bringing the cartoon into my hands.

Unlike @Arie, by the time an MP box is actually in my hands I've probably pored over all the pictures online so much that I barely even look at the box itself right away. Cut that tape, pull out the tray and smell that sweet plastic smell.

I don't go for the instructions first, either. I like going in blind to start with. Although these days I'll often already have had a quick look at how to transform an MP in the early video reviews, I still love to take my time with that first transformation. That's if it comes in vehicle mode. If it comes in robot mode, and with the articulation we're getting now, I'm all about putting it in some wicked cool poses foremost. Gingerly moving the joints at first while I test out the limits of what it can do, while admiring it as I turn it over in my hands. Set it standing on a table, pick it up, repose, place it again, rinse and repeat for as much free time as I have haha

• Like Like x 10
  20. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    First I pose him, take pics, look at his accessories, finally try to transform him by looking at instructions/vids.

As MP getting more expensive, I can't afford blind transformation anymore.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.