35th Anniversary Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Retroheavy, Feb 21, 2018.

1. IceCreamCyborg

IceCreamCyborg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    7./ Acknowledged April, navigational control on. Ramrod challenge phase 1. Head'em up move'em out! Power stride, ready to ride!

2. sifu74

sifu74 Well-Known Member

What's baffling is that magazine had two pics of a grey prototype of V3 Prime and when the full reveal came out last weekend, they didn't show the whole thing.
    Unless TT only gave them those two pics?

3. oku

oku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was a teaser.

4. 009*

009* That Guy In Nebraska

News Credits:
    So I took my MP01 out of storage a while I appreciate how much the line has improved over the years, I'm kinda bummed that the new figures don't have the little touches that MP01 had. As much of clunker the original MP Prime is, aside from MP02 he's the only figure to have gimmicks like hydraulics, vents, shocks, comm panels, and a working mouth plate.

• Like Like x 5
  5. GAUGE

GAUGE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Meh.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    that was my reasoning for hating MP-10 for the longest time, I thought it was just a cheap KO of MP01,

MP01 will always be the best Prime alt mode be damned, there's never been another Toy Of the Year Prime since that one if memory serves.

• Like Like x 3
  6. franpincho

franpincho Garbage man

Mp 01 was an event for me.

I was what, 20? I remember seeing prototypes on imported magazines, and on "toyfare" (miss that mag so much!!) and my anticipation was at an all time high. There were some reissues Takara was putting out (back then, I'd pay my orders on BBTS with a money order) and nothing I had as far as toys were concerned matched what was being shown when it comes to MP 01.

I actually remember calling it sick to work, because I simply could not believe what I was experiencing. When I opened the box, I was simply stunned.

There hasn't been a moment like that since. Mp-36 comes close, but it was just so much different back then. There was nothing like it.

• Like Like x 13
  7. MorphinBrony

MorphinBrony My other car is a Autobot

wrong prime silly

• Like Like x 2
  8. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 19 years and counting.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll admit, I've always wanted to get MP-04. That thing was beautiful. My mom loving it makes me more attached to it as well.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Jdk504

Jdk504 RED WOLF

That's why once Prime Version 3ees arrive I will not be selling either my MP1 and MP4. They will be allocated to bottom shelf with Omega Supreme [Gabriel]. I was messing with him over this past weekend and reposed him. Although it took longer than I would have liked it was worth it. All the nuances that guy has really adds up to something very, very special. Rubber tires, suspension, movable mouthplate, working vents, etc. The alt mode to me is just as glorious. I really am a big fan of the rounder headlights vs square, but I'm sure V3 will looks awesome anyways. The large squarer front windows are very true to the cartoon as well. I never never understood why they went with a grey gun versus black?

• Like Like x 3
  10. skywarp-2

skywarp-2 Master of Teleportation

Ebay:
    1. Forget the folding gun trick like MP-10. Just give us a perfectly rendered Ion Blaster
    2. Place the speaker in the back pack section, with flip out for battery change. switch on the top of the backpack piece, flush.

• Like Like x 5
  11. blaine71274

blaine71274 Recovering Completist

"I thought you were made of sterner stuff."

• Like Like x 3
  12. daddytron

daddytron Your mom is an oversized CHUG

Damn I hate that thrusting crotch pose so much. Such a misuse of an ab crunch. The last thing I'm looking for in a Transformer is the ability to dry hump thin air while standing straight.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Man, i love my MP-04 more than i ever liked the mp-10.

Mp-10 for me was such a great figure, but the first one was MY OPTIMUS, and THE TOY, it made some standars.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Jdk504

Jdk504 RED WOLF

Mp1 is OP. Mp10 is a super heroes interpretation. I had him for a bit and ended up parting with him.

Again just my opinion and not fact. There is love for all MP Primes.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku I love both Nemesis Prime and Anime!

Y'know, I think the main thing holding me back from saying I like it, is the fact that it's still a grey prototype. Every time I see a digibash, I fall in love. It's amazing to me how I love these MPs, despite not being G1's biggest fan.

I think MPs have a different effect on me than others. I don't buy the MP because I love how the character is interpreted in toy form. I buy MPs because they're fun, and make me appreciate that character in a new way than I ever have previously.

Everyone loves Optimus, and was/am fine with MP-10(B). But seeing this new MP, which captures the original design pretty damn well, is just awesome to me. Here's hoping the accessories are many and awesome, and that the figure is tons of fun in its own right.

• Like Like x 4
  16. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Stop it- you’re making me miss the MP01 I sold.

17. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yea MP1 was and still is, special to me. It was unique and while MP10 seemed to emphasize maintaining a dynamic pose(as well as being in scale that was ushered in with Rodimus Prime), MP01 seemed like it was designed to be an all around good toy with no emphasis on one aspect(like articulation) prevailing over the other. At the time it truly felt like G1 Optimus was the Alpha and MP01 was the Omega. I don't even think Takara and Hasbro both knew that years later they'd even be at a point to make an MP Prime V3.

When I unboxed MP Magnus I was instantly reminded of MP1 due to the weight and solidity; it had been a very long time since a Transformer felt like that! I already know MP Prime V3 will likely smoke MP10 in articulation, but it'd be extra special if it also has just as an intuitive of a transformation of MP1 as well as the weight and solidity of MP1.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Bearer of the Dead Matrix

YouTube:
    “NEVER!!!!”

Needs to be another line included.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

What do you mean they didn’t show the whole thing? There were full figure photos in the presentation and a prototype on display.

Or do you mean that full photos weren’t released publicly by Takara-Tomy after the reveal?

20. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Bearer of the Dead Matrix

YouTube:
    He means the shoulder and shin prototype pics. He was wondering why they didn’t show the whole thing after the toy show. They didn’t do so because the whole point of the event was not showing the world what it looked like just yet. They wanted to keep most of us in suspense until his King Figure mag photo spread.