Linkin Park’s Iridescent Confirmed For DOTM

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jan 10, 2011.

1. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Update 14/07/2011: Linkin Park - Thoughts On The Moscow Transformers: Dark Of The Moon Premiere

Update 30/06/2011: Watch Linkin Park’s Transformers: Dark Of The Moon Iridescent In 3D

Update 25/06/2011: Linkin Park Transformers: Dark Of The Moon Iridescent - Live In Red Square

Update 09/06/2011: Behind The Scenes Of Linkin Park's Iridescent Video From Transformers 3

Update 02/06/2011: Linkin Park Transformers: Dark Of The Moon Iridescent World Premiere

Update 31/05/2011: Video Sneak Peek: Dark Of The Moon - Linkin Park Iridescent

Update 30/05/2011: Linkin Park Iridescent Dark Of The Moon Music Video Releasing This Thursday

Update 28/05/2011: Linkin Park Transformers: Dark Of The Moon Iridescent Music Video Teaser Clip?

Update 13/05/2011: Transformers: Dark Of The Moon Russian Premiere, Linkin Park Concert And Advance Screening Promotion

Update 10/05/2011: Transformers: Dark Of The Moon Iridescent Single By Linkin Park

Update 04/05/2011: Mike Shinoda LPU Chat - Transformers: Dark Of The Moon Linkin Park Iridescent Info

Update 18/04/2011: Linkin Park Transformers: Dark of the Moon Iridescent Music Video Behind-The-Scenes

Update 16/04/2011: Mike Shinoda Explains Why Iridescent Was Chosen For Transformers: Dark Of The Moon Soundtrack

Update 14/04/2011: Linkin Park’s Iridescent Confirmed To Be Transformers: Dark Of The Moon Single

Update 12/04/2011: Transformers: Dark Of The Moon Linkin Park Song Revealed As Iridescent

Update 07/04/2011: Transformers: Dark Of The Moon Linkin Park Involvement - More Hints?

Update 25/02/2011: More Hints Regarding A Linkin Park Song For Transformers: Dark Of The Moon

Rumor – Transformers: Dark of the Moon Trailer Release Dates

News Post : Rumor - Linkin Park’s Burning In The Skies For Transformers Dark Of The Moon?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I SO hope this is a rumour.

3. fallen_revenge

fallen_revenge Movie News Addict

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Never heard the song going to listen to it now glad linkin park is back!!!!

4. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No original song? LAME!!!! also taking a song from there worse album ever is not a good idea

5. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, I'm not a big Linkin Park fan, but that's easily the worst yet.

6. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Yea, not feeling it for a TF song.

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    That's unfortunate if true. NOTHING off that travesty of an album should ever be spoken of again.

8. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I couldn't care less about Linkin Park, but that song is worse than their usual riff-raff.

9. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    That song was devastating.

10. fallen_revenge

fallen_revenge Movie News Addict

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Listened 2 it but it doesn't like ummmm put me. The mood like new divide did with the tech sounds and the guy singing I want another one!!! I hope they make a new song just for DOTM

11. blackout501st

blackout501st ultimate enforcing hound

god i can not stand linclon park. i really hope this rumor is false. why, if the rumor is true, cant they pick a band that actually fits the genera? emo rock band songs and giant robots do NOT mix. they could have at least picked a better song. new divide was at least tolerable.

12. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't see how anybody's surprised when LP had the outro track for the last two movies.

And haters be damned, I think this track fits the mood for DOTM just fine. I love A Thousand Suns because I went into it knowing it was a concept album and specifically bought the hourish long .mp3 version because that's how its supposed to be heard. The whole nuclear holocaust theme has a serious chill to it and I think this'll fit just fine with giant robots gunning down people by the dozens.

13. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    ^^^^What he said.

14. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I really would of prefered The Catalyst or Robot Boy, the only two decent songs on that CD. I'd rather they go back to their old stuff...but think of it this way gang, we could of been stuck with Waiting for the End.

Edit: Burning in the Skies isn't horrible, it has potential, I just prefer a new song that sounds like their old stuff.

15. saberconvoy

saberconvoy Drifting around

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    no,
    oh for the love of GOD PLEASE DO NOT LET THIS RUMOR COME TRUE!

16. TechNoMad

TechNoMad Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    From What little I have chosen to hear from their wreck I think this may be a poor choice for a song. Having said that, I am a big LP fan, or at least I was. Dino, can you explain the,"hourish long .mp3 version because that's how its supposed to be heard", part. Seriously, I consider A Thousand Suns to be the train wreck for the group, but your explanation may help me make a decision to buy the album. Seriously, I have been listening to them since like 1999.

17. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I agree; while I much prefer LP's older stuff (Hybrid Theory and Meteora) I think that A Thousand Suns has a couple of songs that would fit the supposed theme of DotM.
    "Wretches and Kings" might have been a better choice, or "The Catalyst," but either way it wouldn't surprise me if LP has a song in this film.

18. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What mood? We have one teaser trailer to go off of.

19. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

Fucking hell. This band still exists?

20. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    A Thousand Suns isn't composed like a traditional album with an assortment of tracks back-to-back, all of the "tracks" on the album flow together as one single song. Most digital outlets (Amazon, itunes, etc.) offer the "Full Experience" version with the regular album or by itself. I can see how its not for everybody, especially old-school LP fans, but I think the main reason some fans reject the album is because they weren't aware of what it actually is.

The band even uploaded it a week or so before the disk hit shelves, and you can still listen to it from start to finish for free here: A Thousand Suns [The Full Experience]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011