$350 Xbox 360's include HDMI

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by ChldsPlay, Aug 9, 2007.

1. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

I wonder since I just sent in my 360 today for the red lights if they'll send me one with HDMI....

This makes the Elite less worth it to me. $100 for 100GB and black. Considering I don't use the 20GB I have, just not worth it at all, even if I didn't already have one and was looking to buy.

2. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good to hear that the newer ones will (most likely) have the 65nm chip and HDMI. The Halo 3 version will be mine.

3. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I have to wonder if there is ever a point in buying a system within the first two years of its life now? Seriously, why invest your money into a system that the company will only improve with later models and make the price cheaper. I thought I waited a good while to finally purchase a 360 (an Elite no less) then they price drop and start adding HDMI into the Premium. Video game systems are such a fucking rip-off these days.

4. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was just thinking the same thing. Kinda makes me wish I waited even longer. Now my system will be $150 less than I paid for it, and have HDMI...

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While the PS3 now updated with the 80gig model (something that anyone could swap out for the 60 without voiding warranty), I do have to tip my virtual hat to Sony, because all of the things that MS has been adding were with the PS3 from the start (including a means to recharge your controllers). So yes the system was more expensive to be sure, but with the added WiFi, controller rechargers and HDMI support, in addition to the ability to play Bluray, the 360 would have been (or in the case of the HD-DVD drive) more expensive than $599, or now $499. So aside from the 20 gigs of extra storage, I haven't cursed at myself really for having bought it day one. My 360, on the other hand, is now uptdated by more than just a hard drive.

6. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

It makes me happy , because well I dont have a 360, and an empty hdmi port on teh tv.....I assume this one with hdmi comes with new heat sinks and fans and less provabilities of a red ring of dead.

7. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

if i ever get a 360, this would be good news as i would rather have the white case than the black case...plus it'll save you money.

but for those that want the 120gb HDD, the Elite still would be the better choice as the damn 120gb HDD by itself is like $180.

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have like the entire season of South Park (10), and Season 3 of Lost, and a crapload of music, and the (ahem) new simpson's movie as well as some "other movie" on my PS3 and I still have 20 gigs left, so 120 is a great number to have.

edit: oh yeah, and I have demoes and a bunch of PS1 games I downloaded.

9. rawl316

rawl316 Well-Known Member

how did you get season 3 of lost on your PS3?!?!?!

10. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because you get to enjoy it for however long you have the system. It's no secret that technology gets smaller and cheaper. Just use the system for a few years and then trade it in on the smaller, cheaper, faster, better model. You'll get many hours of play and a little bit of credit for your trouble.