New Renderform Universe Blaster Add-on!

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by An Army of Bees, Oct 21, 2010.

1. An Army of Bees

An Army of Bees WTF@TFW Podcast Editor Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  3. An Army of Bees

An Army of Bees WTF@TFW Podcast Editor Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Well I'll be. Thanks other Jared/Jarod. :O

4. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    his skyfall set was AWESOME! so i have no doubt that this will also rock the house!

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I really like the gun, but not really feelin' the head. Oh well, I already "fixed" mine up, so all good there! :) 

6. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have DL Blaster so all those accessories are to make it that much better :D 

Can't wait for this!

7. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I preordered mine a month ago. I was the one lobbying for a comics head Blaster (and gun storage on the back like the comics) so naturally that's the set I'm getting. If the quality is anything near Skyjack, I'm in for a treat!

8. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

Nice idea.

But the head does not scream Blaster to me - I'd have wanted something more like the Actionmaster Blaster head (only larger).

Also the blaster's shape is awkward in his hand it needs to sit closer to the line of his fore arm rather than stick up like that.

You might not even really need a whole new head just a replacement face would probably work just as well.

The gun needs to be colour matched to his jet's winglets & legs or be black.

Lastely since the gun has a hole in it if the hole was larger then Soundwave's guns could be mounted to the rifle one either side to make a larger gun.

Personally I'd have like it to be possible to attach the gun to the wing in jet mode where Soundwave's guns attach.

Also that plate could change shape a little so the two Soundwave guns could be attached back to back to make one long hex rifle shape with either one as the front.

It might be fun if the Bird companion could plug on somewhere too.

But then Blaster/Soundwave has some decent storage locations for his guns already.

One of the best places is set up so the longer gun is poking out of his right arm kibble and the tri-barrel one is plugged on his forearm side.

I'd want to be sure that the new head works OK when the neck is correctly Transformed before I would consider this.

Perhaps a SkyJack Head offer could be set up to buy both at the same time ?

9. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    Skyjack was a limited set and has sold out i believe... but maybe Venksta will do another one, cuz its freaking sweet dude... i'm on the fence about this set, as I was gonna get DL Blaster, but now i may just do what ORIO is doing...

10. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You do know there's two different helmets and two different faces, right? Cartoon helmet, modern helmet, cartoon face, and Marvel comics face.

I'm pretty sure Azim said that if he can get 40 people to commit to another run of Skyjack, he'll do it. Otherwise, they're all sold out.

Chris

11. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I find it funny that you feel the head 'does not scream Blaster' to you, even though Venksta is offering various heads that are accurate to the cartoon or comic versions...I guess that's not obvious from this page, but still: it's definitely the Marvel comics version, which technically is accurate..:p 

12. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Any photos of this gun with DL Broadcast?

13. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    I don't think Venksta owns it, but based on peg size, it was confirmed it should fit. What I wonder is how easily the new heads could fit on DL Blaster:) 

14. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I know the pegs are the 5mm standard. I'm curious about it looking like a BFG.

For now I've been using Grand Slam's guns, or surplus guns from FP Crossfire. And he's surfing on Metroplex in battle station mode! :cool: 

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  15. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah, i just saw that too... that's cool for anyone who missed the first run and needs this set... i got lucky on got one of the lucky draw red guns... so stoked for that... can't wait to see his next set... which should upgrade another character who needs a new head desperately...

16. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    I'm looking forward to this. I got the Cybertron helmet set since it better matches the aesthetics of the Universe figure. I was also able to get in on the early bird preorder, so I'm getting a bonus rifle for my DL Blaster. :rock 

17. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Does this still come with the Steeljaw figure? I totally remember a Steeljaw...

18. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ^ Venksta did some renders, but didn't end up molding him, IIRC.

19. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got a red gun too. In jet mode I put the red one under the nosecone and the two black ones in the fists on the side.

I've got a clear blue Blaster gun coming too.

I'm most looking forward to Darkwing.

20. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

The Cartoony one looks a little to cute and friendly like he's smiling at a small child and the other one looks like someone trying to Ape Blasters head in the movie style.

The way they drew Blaster in the early Marvel Comics was a bit silly though.

I'm just suggesting that a head that resembled the Actionmaster is what would appeal to me the most.

As they are none of the parts are making me as interested as say the Universe Roadbuster upgrade did.

Having 2 heads might make more sense if there was a Henkei Blaster as they like to be Cartoon Accurate and the Hasbro ones are sometime Comic like or vice verse sometimes.

I've long wanted a Universe Blaster head but this isn't ideal some of the resin ones for sale on Radicons appeal slightly more to me. but my interest my notch up depending on what the vehicle mode functions are.

I'm not slagging it off or anything just expressing a personal preference for a head that resembles the Actionmaster Blaster.

I support these sort of ideas in general though things like Rumble/Frenzy Piledrivers, or Guns for Alternities are things I appreciate the existance of.

And I'd still quite like a TV show like Sword for Energon Megatron too that isn't a small fortune made of unpainted metal.