TFW2005 Sound-Off! - Which Masterpiece Rodimus Will You Get?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kickback, Oct 13, 2010.

?

TFW2005SO: Which Masterpiece Rodimus Figure Will You Buy?

1. Takara-Tomy Rodimus Convoy

33.8%
  2. Hasbro Rodimus Prime

24.3%
  3. Both!

21.9%
  4. Not buying either.

8.0%
  5. Not sure yet.

12.1%
  1. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    This one is simple. Really simple.

Which version of the upcoming Masterpiece Rodimus figure are you planning to purchase?

You don't have many options. So I'll throw them out at you!

Hot Rodimus/Rodimus Convoy - TakaraTomy
    The version you've seen everywhere on the beloved world wide web is that of the TakaraTomy version of this figure. It comes with the figure, and more importantly, a TRAILER! You too can recreate the Autobots' soccer mom character by purchasing this version!

Rodimus Minor/Rodimus Prime - Hasbro
    While the name(s) may not be finalized (Hasbro really hates using "Rodimus Prime" anywhere, ever, ever again ... seriously, other than the Re-Issue figure he's always been "Rodimus" or "Rodimus Minor" ... seriously, go look) the figure has been revealed to be seeing a release in the United States. The figure won't be coming with his trailer, but there's whispered rumors that Hasbro plans to throw some extra goodies in to justify his pricepoint, I mean, subdue the fans. No release date given.

The economy doesn't bother me, I'm getting both!
    You're a completitionist and you suck.

Yawn ... pass.
    You're not a true fan.

I don't know yet. More pictures of both versions please!
    This is also the "I don't want to tell people I'm getting the Hasbro version because it's cheaper, so I'll do this one to be safe" selection.

Please tell us why you're getting the one(s) you're getting! We want to be able to use some of your answers on our frontpage but they have to be better than "because Hasbro/TakaraTomy versions suck". How important is that trailer? Would the inclusion of the trailer in the USA version get you to buy the Hasbro version? How much of an issue is cost ($200 roughly for the Japanese, probably $70 for the USA version).

PG-13 and we'll pimp you out on the frontpage more than other sites pimp their own E-bay auctions! Have fun!

2. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    Neither. If the US release would have had the trailer I would have considered it, but I have to pass without it. The Takara version is too expensive for my tastes, and I much prefer the Fansprojects Rodimus armor, anyhow.

3. SmokescreenWRX

SmokescreenWRX Dude. Wait, what?

I've got the Takara version in my Pile-o-loot, but unless I find a job soon, it's getting deleted.

4. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have to get both. I love the character and he's never really had a great update. I have no problems getting the Takara version for $200, and I just know when I see the Hasbro version I'll pick it up as well. If I had to choose, though, I would go with Takara since not having the trailer would eat at my soul.

5. rhapsodyred99

rhapsodyred99 Well-Known Member

both! Takara for roddy prime, and hasbro for jes plain roddy since he can be either.

6. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'm getting both without hesitation. The first reason why: I'm a pure Rodimus fanboy. I'm working on getting every Rodimus figure released.

My second reason is the Hasbro release goodies. I think Hasbro will step up their game and package "Hot Rod" with some very cool accessories.

7. ronin0510

ronin0510 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I gotta get both. I've always loved Hot Rod and Rodimus and getting both would give me both the characters in masterpiece form I can display. Man it will be a beautiful sight!!

8. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    Hasbro, I'm poor.

9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Passing on both. Don't collect Masterpieces... just too many non-Transformers items on my 'to get list' to even consider collecting the line. That said... if I were to get one I'd go with the Takara release. Just can't imagine having Rodimus without his trailer.

10. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Takara ones been pre-ordered since it was first announced. Unless the Hasbro release have some fanstastic accessories i'll probably pass. I cant even think of a smart-assed joke accessory to make it worthwhile.

11. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Probably one of each.

Then i can maintain owning almost every version of every mold.(crayola prime is never happening)

12. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I voted "not sure yet", but what I really mean by that is that I'm going to buy the Takara version for sure and may get both depending on what Hasbro decides to include with their release.

In any case, it looks like an awesome addition to the Masterpiece collection and I'm glad they're continuing that line!

13. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Takara version, because the Hasbro version will have a pointless Rodimus cab mode, and that makes me sad.

Maybe both if the supposed targetmaster is awesome.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  14. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

I voted not sure yet. As I've posted in previouse threads, Im hoping that either Takara or Hasbro will release a version that uses colors closer to Hot Rod's G1 appearance in the animated series.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

15. lotussouljah

lotussouljah Well-Known Member

When it comes to Masterpieces, Takara has had the upper hand. That said, Roddy here hasn't really captured my imagination as a Masterpiece. With Protector on its way, that's all the Rodimus love I'll need.

16. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    I'll buy both. Call it my part in helping the economy, plus buying a $200 toy from an online store is lending small businesses a hand. XD

17. vorskyr

vorskyr Well-Known Member

Rodimus without Trailer = Deal Breaker.... so I'll be importing. My bank account hates it, but the figure will loose so much without it

18. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Both, at least one of the Takara and three of the Hasbro. Hopefully the Takara set comes with cards for both Hot Rod and Rodimus.

19. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

As much of a Rodimus Prime fan I am, (being one of the few there are) , probably the american version since it will be more friendly to my budget.

20. SarahMobius

SarahMobius Adventurer

News Credits:
    Agreed.
    I've had the Takara release pre-ordered since it was announced. I have at least one of every MP mold; they're worth the price, and Roddy's trailer justifies importing.