Activision UK is hunting for the UK's biggest Transformers fan!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
  2. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I wonder how many of us are in the 3000+ toys club ?

I can't apply as my house is to full to ever display it all at once. so all you'd see at once is a couple of hundred.

3. David-John

David-John Spittor's best friend

Oh dear. This I know I cannot win. But best of luck to all you chaps who do enter, and may the biggest nerd win!

(By that I don't mean the one with the greatest mass of course, although I am sure that they could still win if they want).

4. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

These "biggest fan" contests should really just be renamed "biggest man-child" contests. :p 

5. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:

I'm all about the toys and I barely care about the other area's so I guess I'm not a 'Real Fan' anyway (chuckle) as I don't have a clue who Jon Davis Hunt is.

I wonder if those people who already have got their Toys on TV (Channel 4's 'Collectors lot' for example) have a hope or are still in the fandom.

One was some Dinobot obsessive Girl I think she has her own clique somewhere people more active in the fandom than me probably know who I mean - here online name is Raksha or something like that....

And the other fella I forget but I remember he's got a Grand Maximus and the other super rare Japanese items Like the Dinocassettes and the Headmasters like Kirk and he had some Diaclone Dinobots too..

Can't remember his name though..

----

It sounds like the person that wrote that was not aware that it's actually probably borderline literally 'Impossible' to own every transformer ever made. There's to many Takara Share holder toys, Lucky Draws, competition and campaign toys for that - and then people always seem to forget that there's Transformers made outside Europe, USA and Japan that people seem to forget to count at all but are still Transformers.

Not to mention what counts as 'A Transformer' - how you count things and what counts as one is one of the harder questions to answer...

So It is possible to own all Transformers released at retail in a single country - but more than that is doubtful in the extreme I've got several Thousand of them and I'm still well aware of the gaps I have in even retail releases... Like I don't own Trypticon or Blaster or Reflector for example.

6. BlitzFire

BlitzFire Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    bad ass contest but i think the least they could have done as a prize was provide a copy of the game itself lol

7. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Come on guys, you already know it's gonna be a 12 year old kid.

8. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    I would love it if it was some 43 year old shut it that email bombed the entires and showed up with a Meghan Fox tattoo and a Bumblebee helmet and quoted all the worst lines from the movies, won. Add a home made, plush, leg-humping Wheelie to that out fit and you have a winner :D .

I sure hope a 12 year old kid wins it becuase i could really see my little horror story happening :p 

9. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I guess it could be like a Blue Peter Competion where the least worthy automatically win everything.

I suppose they'd want a well rounded fan who's interested in lots of things rather than someone who is just obsessed with the Bayiverse or Transformers cartoons.

I guess they'll decide who to pick on who's best for how they want to market the winner...

Like how some random little kid won the Bus Transformer competion in the newspaper.

Adults probably have a slightly higher chance with this one as Videogames are seen as more adult - at least by Videogame developers & Publishers and adult fans - not the public mind.

So they might see some worth in not giving the prize to an 8 year old... the winner has to be of at least the age the game is rated at I'd guess.

Though there's an extraordinary lack of complicently with age ratings or guidelines in the U.S. as anyone who's been stuck playing Gears of War 2 with sweary 12 year olds will attest.

I think a 13 or 15 year old might be picked if they don't come across as insane.. I can't see the UK equivellent of the Hartman's getting it though.

10. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not really bothered about this competition, wouldn't win anyway as my collection isn't much past 200 and it's going to be downsized. I'm more interested in knowing what store is going to carry shockwave and jazz.

11. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Jon Davis Hunt artwork as the prize?

The same guy who does the current UK TF comic artwork?

*Runs screaming in horror from thread*

12. Aptom

Aptom Well-Known Member

cool i win, so noone else bother entering k. cheers :) 

13. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    I reckon Locustreign can walk it. ;) 

14. Fiend6669

Fiend6669 TF Museum Curator

Ebay:
    There are more of us out there than you'd think, I live near two other TF collectors in that range & I'm personally nearing the 5000 mark. Although, we're not in the U.K., so I doubt we're eligible for the contest. My point is; If there are at least three of us in a tiny city like Ottawa...

Attached Files:

15. cosmos360

cosmos360 Not a door bell

although i consider myself an extremely big transformers fan i don't own enough so i can't enter, but i'm not to bothered, i'm happy with my collection and i intend to keep collecting for as long as transformers exists.

16. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It should have been a Nominate the biggest fan competition.

17. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    It's not a raffle, so he might have a chance :lol 

18. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I think you could win it if you did a Megatron group shot with you in the Megatron mask in the middle of it all.

I'm still trying to figure out just what to do for mine. I'm thinking of just doing every single Autobot leader I own or something. Big problem really is working out how to fit all the things I want to do in a single shot.

19. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    :lol  That's not a bad idea!

I'd need to dig a lot of them out though, and the prize isn't really enticing enough. Saying that, I've got a box of mini Megs looked out for pics for Syd's SD thread, so you never know.

Is there a way to take a pic of all the work you did for the Resources? You'd walk it if you could! :D 

Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  20. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    That'd be fattest TF fan in the UK, and having been to AA two years running now I doubt that one too :lol 

Get screwed :lolol 

The thing is that everything you or I consider awesome like Star Saber or Deszaras or whatever, the "layman" wouldn't have a clue about, so wouldn't go anywhere near winning.

I debated doing something then decided that I might bake a cake and stick MP-01 in the middle of it.