300 at Midnight?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mr. Wholesome, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Mr. Wholesome

Mr. Wholesome WWOD What Would Ops Do?

Ebay:
    Anyone else here see 300 at the 12 o' clock showing besides me. I finished it up at 2am. on the West Coast and it was A W S O M E! Post here and give your thoughts. I won't really say much about it until I read what a few people posted about it.

Also probably the funniest part was when the Queen's boob jiggled during the sex scene. Every man in the theatre laughed.

2. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

I might call up a buddy and see it this weekend. I listened to the soundtrack all last night, it's amazing.

3. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed, it's pretty damn good.

4. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

300 is a movie that I want to check out for sure. Nice to know it's a pretty good film.

5. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Sure why not? It can't be any worse than the Hannibal movie I just saw.

6. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

I find 300 to be a movie that's been marketed very well. I went from knowing nothing about it until drippy posted about it to it being one of my top films to see. I don't even like historically themed movies, but the cinematography and storytelling in this makes it look great.

7. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    im sorry but frank miller is dead to me.

8. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Glad to hear it's good; the critical reviews are all over the place on Rotten Tomatoes, ranging from "stupid" to "orgasmic", so I wasn't entirely sure what to think of it. The visuals I've seen look great so far, but I was worried about the acting/script/dialogue. Planning to see it this weekend, barring any natural or unnatural disasters.

9. Mr. Wholesome

Mr. Wholesome WWOD What Would Ops Do?

Ebay:
    The acting/script/dialogue was incredible, and the score was superb. The only thing I believe some people/critics didn't like about it was that it was not historically accurate. There were no definite numbers of the attacking, and the greeks size was exagerated. In reality there were 300 spartans but they had support from many other forces that totaled around 5,200 men. The Persians were first noted to have something like 2.6 million men but others say that number should be doubled. While some argue there could only have been about 175,00 due to the lack of water.

In any case it was a great movie and a must see by me. This flick is now in my top five movies, right behind Saving Private Ryan as my number one.

10. honestgabe

honestgabe I

the reviews said the acting was horrible. My buddy and I were going to go the midnight showing last night but decided against it. If its visuals is what it has going for it, then I'll have to see it in an I-Max.

11. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Phenomenal. If an all-out action, testosterone-laden flick is your cuppa tea, 300 will definitely satisfy. The queen has bigger balls than most male action stars.

12. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

It had a lot of good action but the acting could have been better. I think it also strayed from the graphic novel. The Sin City movie was much more faithful to the comics and I think a better movie for it. I give it a solid B.

13. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm not a big fan of seeing stuff on opening weekend thanks to the crowds, but I've got next week off and I'm gonna catch an IMAX screening w/ some friends. IMAX can make even Matrix: Revolutions enjoyable, so I'm feeling good about seeing 300 there.

14. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I just got back from seeing it. It was a great movie. Although there were a couple of scenes with pointless nudity. They added absolutely nothing to the plot and could've/should've been left out.

15. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

I just got back from seeing it. That movie was Godly. Honestly, best movie of the year. Everything was great. I like action movies that don't go into 30 minute scenes of talking. This was non-stop action. A+++++

Best Movie of 2007....after the Transformers of course :D 

16. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not since I saw the Return of the King have I been so entertained by a motion picture as I was tonight by 300.

If Hollywood would produe a few more movies like this each year instead of the usual crap that has come and gone in recient years, I think we'd all be alot richer for it.

17. Los

Los Now you see me...

Ebay:
    Saw it tonight...go see it!

A treat for anyone knowledgeable on Greek or World history. It is not a historical reenactment of what happened, but it is told in Greek myth fashion about the event that led to the Greco-Persian War. Visually speaking, I am not sure that seeing it at IMAX would really make a difference, but I would recommend seeing it in the theater. The effects are great and complement the action and narration very well.

18. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

I agree. They incorperated alot of Greek history into the film, which I thought was cool.

19. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hoping to see it sometime this weekend

20. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Cant wait to see it. Looks like a real piece of art and visually stunning.

FM could make a killer God of War movie