30 something Transfans...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by optimusprime72, Jul 13, 2007.

1. optimusprime72

optimusprime72 Autobot Leader

How many of you 30 something Transfans out there sit back and watch the old shows with your kids? I've got 5 kids ranging in age from 4 to 17 and they have all been introduced to my favorite bots. As all kids differ, only a few of mine really like it, most of all my 2 youngest. Its really good to be able to pass down something to my kids that I enjoyed and now they can too. Also, those of you that collect them, have your kids expressed an interest in the old toys too? Or do you cringe at the thought of them snapping off a Gen 1 Prime's arm? So far, mine have survived.

2. hockeygamer40

hockeygamer40 Autobot Hockey Player 40

News Credits:
    I fit into this category and found Beast Wars was good too. I hope the TFTM trilogy can be extended into a fourth movie starring the Beast Wars characters.

3. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

i technically don't qualify for this thread at 27 and without legal custody,but i think the concern is always there that a toy will be broken--especially when someone else handles it..my daughter,10 this december was a transfan protoform last i heard,though...

if nothing else,for good or not,the movie will surely bring in enough young fans to keep the franchise alive.
    "decepticons forever!"--ravage,the agenda pt. 2

4. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I'm 32 and I have 4 sons, the oldest is just as big a transfan as I am, the others also have a passing interest.

I took 3 of them to see the movie (my youngest is only 2) and now they all want various toys of movie characters!

Oh, I also loved the BEast Wars show, couldn't get into the toys much though.

5. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    Well, I know my brother has gotten his little son into them. I personally am working on sending my birthson my Dinobots in stages, Swoop being last when he's old enough to not instantly break him.

--Moony

6. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    I'm 32 and have a boy and a girl (10 and 8) and they both like TF's to a degree, Heaven, my daughter more so. The funny thing is they like G1 best, and RID after that. In fact they have not liked any of the last 3 shows.

Oh and I got them each a Pepsi Prime at Botcon :D 

7. Starscream'sSis

Starscream'sSis Ravage! Bad Kitty!

I jeeze, now I feel old. I am 33, getting married next year and will start poppin them out pretty quickly. I WILL introduce them to the transformers, but my big question is, what should I name them...heh-heh...

8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    :lolol 

9. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

I do! I'm over half-seventy, and got my 14 year old daughter into the genre with Beast Wars - though she's "too cool" for them now, she didn't hesitate to go see the movie with us. My son is 10, and he watches my G1 DVDs constantly and has a nice collection of his own.

10. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm 33, have a near 5 /yo (late Aug). My son loves G1 - esp the Dinobots, and once he expressed an interest in Cybertron on CN, I found I could tolerate it - and thus, Prime having a mouth in the movie didn't faze me - I'd gotten used to it LOL

On the other hand, my ex took him to see the new movie, and he loves it - esp Scorponok. Doesn't like Megs; and interestingly, when I pulled out a Classics SS I got at BotCon, my son shouted - "Starscream!" before I could ask him who it was...

As for toys, only have G1 Prime left - and when I pulled him out to assess completeness, son wanted to play with him - to which mommy said "No - I'll get you your own". Which ex did - son has Classics (I think) Prime at his house.

Son also likes TMNT (old & new), Voltron & Gargoyles... now just gotta intro him to Thundercats & Battle of the Planets. I will make a 80's kid of him yet :lol 

11. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Yikes! I'm 2 years younger than you, and I still feel like I'm 17! :) 

Okay... 25. But still.

Kids aren't in the plan right now, but I do have 2 nephews (4 and 6) that I have successfully indoctrinated into Transformers. I see how the ones I've bought for them have fared over the years so far, so I'm always careful to pass them a resilient one to play with when they come over to visit. Heh... for a long time, I had to make sure I kept the "room of shame" closed, so they didn't know just how many TFs their uncle had hidden away. :) 

Incidentally... the TFs that have survived best under the ownership of these boys? Besides the Playskool ones (and even a couple of them didn't doo so well), all Cybertron. Armada, energon, minicons... all demolished. Somehow those Cybertron figures keep it together.

zmog

12. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Haven't got kids yet I might sence I'm getting married August

13. Slappytron

Slappytron Peace through Slapping

I'm 31. My 1-and-a-half year old always points to my DVD Prime and says "Optimus!", and wants me to let him press the button to make him talk. He's a little young to play with them yet. My 5-year old nephew loves my G1 Dinobots and plays with them every time he comes over. They're still in good shape too!

14. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I didn't get married until I was almost 34, and two years later my wife and I still don't have any kids yet.

However, I take full responsibility for getting my older brother's 4 boys hooked on Transformers. Whenever they come to visit, the first thing they want to do is watch my G1 and BW DVDs. And between the four of them, they have over 200 toys. I gave them probably a third of those, if not more.

I hope to have kids one day to pass on my fandom to.

My younger brother's even more fanatical about TFs, and he called me last month to tell me that he'd bought his first Transformers toy for his son: Classics Skywarp. Incidentally, G1 Skywarp also happens to be the very first TF my brother bought for himself 20 years ago. His kids are younger, and he bought several of the kiddie versions of the movie toys for his kids, along with the Robot Heroes toys. He said his two boys really love the Robot Heroes toys, so now my brother's hoping for some vehicles or playsets will be released for them like the Star Wars ones.

15. deymasc

deymasc Well-Known Member

I don't have kids, but I've introduced many of thekids in my family to Transformers. My little nephew, who is 3, loves G1. That's due in part to his fascination with cars, so a show with robots transforming into cars, plans, etc., was righ up his alley! LOL

When Beast Wars was out, I introduced my little cousin to the show and he loved it. Would walk around the house impersonating Megatron (Yesss) and Inferno (For The Royalty). He didn't care for G1 or any of the shows that followed though.
    Of course he's 19 now and thinks he's too big for that stuff now. I did send him the Beast Wars box set 2 years ago for his birthday. His mother says she's seen him watching it time to time. LOL

16. CANNABIS PRIME

CANNABIS PRIME Vagabond

News Credits:
    as of this moment, my youngest who is 3, is watchin the '86 movie for the 3RD time today. no BS. my older son, 5, is more into the '07 movie as well as the toys. he is more into the beasties than me also. they both have their own lil collection. a few G1 figs in there too. my wife tells me that when i'm not home they both sneak into MY collection and start playin wit em. doesn't really bother me but the funny thing is that they never ask me when i am around. i let them know that 1 day it will all be theirs.

17. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Looking, Not Buying

I have a 2-year-old boy whom I'm working on getting off of that Thomas the Train crap and into Transformers. So far whenever he sees previews of the movie on TV, he shouts "Optimus Prime!" and "Bumblebee!" when they appear.

To date I've bought him Softimus Prime, Cyber Stompin' Prime, and Cyber Slammers Prime. Unfortunately, he's still more interested in his Thomas toy (yes, that's singular--I've only allowed him one).

Back up plan: I'll be showing him the '86 movie DVD next week for the first time.

18. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I'm late 20s, but have two kids and have introduced my Son (oldest) from the get go. He has been brought up with transformers and I figure he will be a big fan for a while.

I tried to get my daughter in to it, but Barbie and my little pony's are apparently 'more better'