3 isn't even out yet and people are already talking 4

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Kup-is-Dion, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

2. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    no kidding let finish the third before you worry about a fourth for Primus' sake!

3. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Three is enough, thank you.

4. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    I definitely want more movies. A lot more even, just different stories/sagas, different producers, directors, writers, actors, etc. Hope to see a 100th transformer anniversary line of toys someday too ^^

5. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    to tell you the truth i love the movies and the brillent toys that have come with them but there has to be a line drawen when enough is enough we dont want to end up like the spider man movies do we...

6. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Agreed, speculation can't really start till we get a creative staff set.

7. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

hopefully the fourth TF movie will be a reboot,with different directors,different writters,different actors/actresses & so forth.

8. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    A fourth film will likely be made by a new director, unless bay has a passion for TF now.

9. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

id only want a fourth movie if ironhide lives through TF3.

10. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Well, we're already on to our 3rd of a trilogy...

Plus we have no idea if TF3 will suck as hard as Spidey 3. If it does then get ready for a reboot in about three or four years time.

And if that were ever to happen, a reboot would be a far easier pill to swallow in the TF universe than it would be in pretty much any other film due to the simple fact that the protagonists aren't human.

11. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i dont belive it till bay or paramoutn confims it (but yet i would like bayforemrs to continue)

12. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Of course TF3 will suck worse than Spiderman 3. TF3 could be twice as good as the last one and it would still be an awful movie. Sp 3 mostly gets its bad reputation by comparison to the first two in its series.

I think the main reason they're rebooting Spiderman is because the director and cast weren't particularly pushed about doing another one and were holding out for too much money.

13. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    She is so full of sh*t. I'm sorry, but she got an email from "someone," telling her she will be in Transformers 4, a movie that hasn't been green lit, scripted or even conceptualized. They are still filming Transformers 3, which every official source is telling us is a finale.

This is worse than Angelina Jolie and Cher saying "Oh, Chris Nolan should totally use me for Catwoman" and all that nonsense.

14. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    With different Transformers, different toy companies, different fans...

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think they were also smart enough to know that every franchise runs out of steam at some point. Yes Spiderman 3 made money but it was mostly fast and early thanks to the feeling Spiderman 2 left with people.

It also seems hard for one director to really capture another directors style so if you can't get the same feel and you are replacing all your lead actors because they cost too much then a reboot seems the way to go.

16. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    An accurate posting. There is no way any discussions have taken place for the casting of Transformers 4.

17. Cyber Star

Lol, I dont think any movie can suck more than spiderman3 :lol  that was pure shit

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Ha ha, so you've been lucky enough to have never seen Superman 3. That was a painfully bad third film.

Of course if you think the third film in series can be bad the fourth film can be so horrible you'd wish for just the stink of the third film. A fourth film in the Bay Universe could end up being our Batman and Robin.

19. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Heh, so much for 3 being the last in the Bay-verse.

I look forward to 3 and 4 and 5.
    And heck, even if bay doesn't direct 4 and 5, I hope spielberg steps up and takes the reigns since this is his Universe too now. It's not just the 'bay-verse'. This is the Dreamworks-verse now.

Spider-man was only rebooted because Sony and Raimi couldn't get along. Spidey 4 was going to be in the same as 1-3 and even have black cat, till raimi left and the new director bowed to sony's whims. I'm still miffed about that. I wanted Raimi's spidey 4 with black cat, as well as the venom spin-off, instead of this entire origin redux crap with martin sheen as ben parker, and sally fields as may parker. At the very least they could have just done a "well you already know the origin, and we already have the perfect aunt may". Raimi, dunst, and mcguire were all re-signed originally, and Black cat was cast, as was vulture (malkovich) but sony threw a fit about the vulture being in 4, just as they did when raimi wanted to use him for 3. Sony the studio, made spidey 3 suck. Not raimi. Sony made Raimi use venom so they could do the spin-off. He didn't want to use him at all. So the spidey reboot is all on sony, has nothing to do with the cast or director other than sony kept interfering when Raimi just wanted to make as good a movie as spidey 1 and 2. I for one, am probably going to skip the new spidey movies unless it either gets rave reviews that say it's better than Raimi's, or they decide to add black cat in one of the sequels. Cause otherwise I'm going to get sick of seeing spidey rebooted every coupla years with his origin redone.

Now as for the batman analogy...

Okay I'll concede that. After Batman and Robin we NEEDED a reboot. But that's what happens when you adam west an otherwise serious property.
    But reboots are never the answer unless you adam west a property. All a reboot does is make you lose sales oppurtunities from boxsets later and pisses off fans that adored the ones that came before the new.

It's like rebooting superman, yet if the main baddy is only lex luthor, it's still going to be the same crap as the first 6. For superman, the continuity isn't what matters, it's the badguy. After 6 movies of evil conman vs alien boyscout, do we really need another? Especially when it's superman, people want to be wowed with him, not bored.

20. Cyber Star

no, ive seen it and its probably #1 on my list of films i hate the most. And your right about a 4th film. eventually the writers run out of ideas and it turns into a total mess.