3D Artwork: 3-D Alternator Jazz v3

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by grimmlock, Nov 30, 2007.

1. grimmlock

grimmlock Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Alternator Jazz

as the end of the year approaches, i look back at the work i've done in the past two years, and i am not saisfied with the work i did. so i went back and started applying what i've learned and added more details to make this character, look as close to the actual figure as possible. Keep in mind guys this is not perfect and i'm not a student. i've actually been teaching myself how to model and work on a 3D program. these are some renders i've done in different angles and just so that you guys can see the difference between then and now. please tell me what you guys think

robot picks coming soon once i add more detail to the interrior and the detail for the robot parts.

Attached Files:

2. chubbzilla

chubbzilla One shall stand...

wow me likey

3. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    I could never figure out how to do curvy car parts like that

I could do like basic curves, but nothing like that

4. ChibiStarScream

ChibiStarScream Member

Wow Ovo your work is nice !
    what was ur feeling when you did these works by 3D program >w<??

5. grimmlock

Ebay:
    it's funny because each time i do a character, i really geek out. they seem so cool. then i see what other people do and i feel like such a novice, so i go back and try to make it better. in this case i think it was a huge improvement from the previous version. i'm glad you guys like it. makes all the hours i put into it worth while. hopefully, i will have the robot version up soon.

6. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

Good solid models of the alternate mode. Looks reasonably detailed so far and you don't seem to have any noticeable funky geometry that cause strange rendering artifacts. A few minor things I would do though, and these are technical issues. Work on your scene lighting. There are no shadows being cast and that can deter the realism from the model. You need to have those. Also, turn up anti-aliasing quality. Your hard edges are very jagged looking and that gives away that it's a CG construct rather than the actual car.

Asides from that, you're doing a fine job. Keep up the good work.

7. grimmlock

Ebay:
    good eye Star Cracker, I didn't even realize my shadows had been turned off, and your right about the edges. I did notice it, but couldn't figure out how to got those to look better. i'm still working on the rendering portion of my art work. if you have any more points, they are greatly needed and very appreciated.

8. grimmlock

Ebay:
    After Star Crackers great points, i couldn't leave my art work half done. i went back and turned on the shadows (a stupid mistake on my part). then i fixed the aliasing. wow, what a difference. the images look much cleaner and the lines look nicer.

thanks a bunch Star Craker and everyone else for that matter.all your feedbacks help my develope. please tell me what you guys think with the new images

Attached Files:

9. grimmlock

Ebay:
    guys, sorry it took me so long to put this up but it was my b-day week and i didn't have the time to work on it, but i finally finished rigging and transforming Jazz. It's not exactly like the figure. I made my own modifications. especially towards the arms since they looked so slim and i really didn't like they way they looked. I hope you guys like it and feedback is greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

10. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nice job with the model. The bot mode looks good. However, as a owner of an RX-8, I have to nitpick on your car model. Just some things that would help out, but its probably to late now....

The front of the RX-8 does not slant inwards at the bottom. The sides actually go straight down. Also, the rear bumper sticks out more than how you modeled it. Last thing is the Mazda logo on the front. Its a bit too big, and should be silver or chrome, to make it look more real. I know you've got it textured, but it would help sell it better. Just some things I wanted to point out. :) 

One thing I find helpful when modeling a car ( or anything else) is to find tons of reference pictures. For a car, I'll search on google for hi-res shots from all angles, including close ups of every part of the car including the interior. It helps alot to see how the car looks from all angles. Having a scale mode or the alternator figure in front of you helps. But if you also have alot of reference pictures, it makes modeling better, since you have a better "picture" of the entire car. Looking forward to your next model. Keep up the good work. :thumb 

11. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    That looks very cool.....I wish I had skills like this...I would so make one of PK!!

Major props :thumb 

12. grimmlock

Ebay:
    thanks for the tips. the bumper on that car is wrong and i knew that. it's been really hard trying to get it to look right. for time purposes i had to leave it as is. for the front of the, i did have many different reference and yes i knw it curved in too much. but by the time i had realized it, it was too late. the reference picture that i had showedit slightly curving but not as much i did it. thanks for the comments. once i have more time i will take another crack at it and get it more accurately.

13. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Like, SWEET!!!

14. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Coool.