Non-TF: 3.75" "modern" Beast (X Men)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by SentinelPrime, Oct 28, 2009.

1. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    Greetings.

Well, just wrapped up my latest commission and I thought I'd share it with ya, the current-look cat-face version of Hank McCoy, The ever lovin' Beast!

When my loyal customer requested this figure, it really threw me. I literally had no clue how to go about it. The SS version wouldnt work as a base for this look, so I was clueless.

I thought about buying a plastic cat toy and cutting off the head, I thought about trying to remold the animated figure (BAD idea, that figure has TERRIBLE articulation) and who knows WHAT else.

After brainstorming for a couple of days, I stumbled across what would become the body: A Mark Henry WWE figure. It had the right body type, big, not fat, strong yet not chisled.

I cut off his toes and fingers. I sanded his poor wittle face right down. He got a bit of a shave and hair cut, then I went to work with Apoxie Sculpt, forming new feet, fingers, face, ears, hair and fur all over his body. A few coats of paint later and x-symbols later and voila.

It's pretty much a cross between his last two costumes. The current one was way too complicated for me to invest that kind of time into, and the last one always looked kinda creepy to me, so here's a good blend of the two.

He has removable goggles, a high tech med-pistol of some sort, a wrist package complete with retractable saw and the techy backpack.

Please do let me know any critisicms or critiques you may have.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

• 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      469.8 KB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      464 KB
      Views: