2nd Transformers Tournament: Main Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OptimusSolo, Jun 24, 2009.

?

[RMF-2] Contest #3: #5 Nosecone vs #13 Steeljaw

Poll closed Aug 24, 2009.
  1. Nosecone

46.9%
  2. Steeljaw

53.1%
  1. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

Heres your proof

its at the 2:00 mark

2. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Did you even read the description in the bio of the acid pellet gun. It sounds pretty damn extreme!

But as powerful as the acid machine gun is, I think his main gun in Jet mode is probably his most powerful weapon... I would have thought that thing would put the Sonic Gun to shame, honestly. That's why I'm surprised Scattershot only has an 8 Firepower. Of course 8 is still pretty high anyway...

I think you just pulled that one right out of your ass, because that argument smells like poo. ;) 

So now you've determined that Hun-Grr's mouthes are giant shotguns that shoot 50-500 missiles? Riiiiiiiiight.

*Ptoo! Ptoo! *

Two missiles. One with each head.

Look at it this way... it's like he eats tin foil, and chews it up and wads it together in his mouth until it's a hard chunk of crushed tin foil. Then he spits it out like a cannonball.

Obviously I know he can eat much tougher stuff than tin foil, but I thought it might be a useful analogy. :) 

zmog

3. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

you dont get it. He eats a bunch of metal or some rocks, and the each mouth spits out 50-100 peices of debris. DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE SCENE?????

it looks like he spat a couple dozen rocks with a single "ptoo"

EDIT: and with a 9 firepower, im pretty sure that rock-spitting ability is quire powerful.

ANOTHER EDIT: couldn't hun-gurrr eat SS's acid pellets and spit them back out like he did to those missiles in the comic?

4. SMOG

Why didn't he just turn the rocks into sidewinder missiles? ;) 

I admit that's probably an option for him... rather than chewing things up and compressing them into one hard projectile, he probably could just spew them out like a spray of shrapnel. It probably wouldn't have quite as much penetrating power, but it could work.

So I'll allow that. :) 

zmog

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    okay he can and as such i agree with you on that and only that but they also seem to be at a fairly low velocity so thanks for proving my point on their speed, if they had been at supersonic speeds they would be a blur and i can clearly see each rock he spits so they have to be moving at subsonic speeds , perhaps he can't exert more spitting force on a single larger object but i have seen nothing to prove that

6. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

Here a better analogy: I can sutff my mouth with a couple dozen spitballs and spit them out right? same thing for hun-gurrr. He eats a bunch of stuff, and then spits it out like a shotgun.

7. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

the penetrating power would be the same. If i stuff my mouth with 5 spitballs and spit them all out, they would travel just as fast as if a spat a single spitball.

Well, maybe the rocks arent supersonic but they probably have some serious topping power

8. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

If someone shot a missile at him he could grab it in his mouth and spit it back.

9. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    they would hurt i agree i am not trying to dis HG's fire power just show you its limits is all as you seem to not notice them

10. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

If Optimussolo doesnt start the next contest in the next few hours im going to start it myself.

God that guy is lazy.

11. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

so basically he can spit rocks/metal like a giant flak cannon.

works for me.

12. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    more like a shotgun as you said before and as such as limited range and quit putting word in my mouth/post I never said anything about a flak cannon, that said at relatively low level it could make a usable anti aircraft weapon say up to a 1,000 feet or so as going up takes more energy that going in a straight line flight as your fighting more of the gravitational pull of the planet your on and as i said before it wouldn't be all that accurate when fired as a fast flyer like SG

13. SMOG

Actually, I don't believe that is true, but besides that point, penetrating power isn't just about velocity, but also the density of the slug.

Stopping power? Yeah, maybe.

He might. MIGHT.

But with 5 SKILL (or even 6) there's a much better chance of that missile blowing up in his face(s). Catching a missile without it going off is a serious bit of finesse. And if the missiles have proximity fuses, it would be downright impossible.

zmog

14. Tacitron

Tacitron An exceptional nut snack TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Good to see you're as charming as ever.

I hope Solo ignores your remark or maybe he won't post the contest at all.

15. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    no one will do anything with that thread as it won't be the official one so save yourself some effort and don't bother, and its likely not laziness id guess its real life intervening

16. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    Hey Solo is very busy man outside of here. God bless him for all he does here.

17. Omnus

Omnus needs more time TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That would be from the RoTF Voyager-class toy. I think Hasbro lost their brains in the RoTF hype. Actually, since I saw the movie, I'm sure they lost their brains in the hype. The toy and that bio are supposed to be representative of the character we see in the movie, who wasn't shown to be deserving of an infinity in any stat or even a ridiculous 10+.

Dealing with what stats Solo actually posts up in the thread is what should be done. If you don't go by those, then you're not debating the match in the thread.

If Solo chooses to keep using the stats he has previously used, then people should abide by it. Likewise, if he chooses to change them, people should still abide by it.

If some people go against what Solo posts because they think that a stat-line should be arbitrarily lowered because Hun-Grrr (or Hun-Grr or Hun-Gurrr) is "too powerful", then I'll just post up that handy little pic showing what Hasbro has declared Hun-Gurrr's stats to be.

Only from your point of view (which has become rather myopic with regards to this topic and any reasoning on it).

While it is likely that Budiansky didn't intend a pattern (based on what he's said, but who knows, maybe he just forgot, it certainly seems like he wanted to forget about his work on TFs for at least some time in his life), that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

There is at least one pattern for putting Hun-Grrr's Endurance, which you named yourself - "Leaderly Buffing". (Still get :D  out of that name, I don't know why.)

No

Why?

You should apologize for this, as in, as soon as you read this.

Just because people don't do things on your timetable doesn't mean they're lazy, not in the slightest.

Solo is a busy person, and does these for no benefit to himself.

He also deliberately delayed putting up the last one in order to not put it on the weekend, since there were some people who voiced having problems getting to these on the weekend. There's a good reason to believe he's going to do the same thing with this one.

So, if he doesn't post it today or tomorrow, chill out. You must have other things you can do with your time.

18. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    THIS.

19. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

fine, fine, fine.

I was just getting a little impatient because usually he posts the next contest right after the contest ends, or within a few hours after the contest ends. And he hasn't posted a new one for 2 days.

20. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    understandable but there is no need to get rude about it so please chill and wait for the next round to begin