2nd Transformers Tournament: Main Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OptimusSolo, Jun 24, 2009.

?

[RMF-2] Contest #3: #5 Nosecone vs #13 Steeljaw

Poll closed Aug 24, 2009.
  1. Nosecone

46.9%
  2. Steeljaw

53.1%
  1. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    Ladies and Gentlemen, IITTTSSSS BBBBAACCCCKKKKKKK!!

(This has all been ok’d with moderators btw)

I bring you the SECOND “Transformers Tournament"!!!! The first tournament we had which was completed the second week of April had over 4,000 votes cast in it. Now that we have taken a break for over two months and had time to work out all the kinks I think it’s time for another one (although some will disagree ;) 

I, with the help of one other board member, have gone to the trouble (actually it was fun) of creating a 68 character Transformers Tournament that all of YOU can help determine the winner in.

This is how it will work…

This tournament basically only has one rule for inclusion of a character. The character must be a G1 character AND they could not have appeared in the first tournament. Combiners and city-bot type transformers have been disqualified as well. And to all those who asked for it YES the individual parts of gestalts are almost ALL IN this one!!! With those rules in place I have gone ahead and chosen 68 characters. Then, those characters have been broken down in to 4 divisions. Within each division the characters have been seeded 1-17. Each of the 4 divisions has also been randomly assigned ONE environment. The division environments will be revealed in each of the 'play-in' contests.

The first four contests will consist of ‘play-in games’ to determine who gets the 16th seed in each of the four sections of the bracket.

We will start the tournament this Friday with the ‘play-in’ contests. Every contest will be open for you the transformer’s fans to vote on. In the first round voting will be open for only 24 hours for each contest. All subsequent rounds voting will be open for 48 hours for each contest, but with a new contest posted every day. (two contests running at the same time overlapping like the first tournament) After the deadline passes the winner will be named and the next contest will be posted. Once a contest has concluded it will be MERGED into this thread. This thread will be the MEGA-THREAD with all discussion and old contests in it. The only other tournament threads that will be on the board will be the 1-2 active contests. (so all you anti-tournament board members relax and take a deep breath ;) 

Votes will only count if made in the polls before they close. Polls will end between the hours of 10 pm and 1 am depending on when the contest was posted each night. Results will be available via the tournament bracket link in this post!

My advice is to read multiple arguments before casting your vote in the poll. The more discussion the better! Discussion on said matchups, arguments as to why each should win, good and bad sides to each character and any other banter is ENCOURAGED! Let’s have fun with this!!!

Griping and complaining on the whole process is DISCOURAGED! If you don't like the idea please just ignore it and move on with your day, it will make this whole thing more positive and enjoyable!

Please, spread the word so people don’t miss out on these early contests. This all is a go on FRIDAY!!

So, without further ado, let the Transformers Tournament BEGIN!

BRACKET LINK:
    http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff339/bosskdawg/tourny-2.jpg

2. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    so its just reguler bots then..is ther really anyone that can take out the big 3 Prime, Meg and Galvatron ??

Do we also go into the Takara shows, I mean like God Ginrai, Dezarraus and so on ?

Dezarraus is also insanly powerfull ?

3. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    Question on source material: Are we sticking to a specific material, like the tech specs, or are we pulling material from just any old place? Or is this all part of the environment mentioned earlier if at all?

4. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    I am not sure what you are getting at with Prime, Meg, and Galvatron - One of the rules stated above says anyone in the first tournament cannot be in the second one. All of those bots were in the first one. Check the current bracket link to see who else was in the first one...

To answer your second question, no only the US shows are being considered here, so none of those characters you mentioned qualify.

Trust me this field is pretty even, much different than the last one with the leaders, gestalts, and city-bots. I really feel there are quite a few characters who can win this one. It all depends on the matchups!

5. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    Cartoon, movie, comic book, tech specs are all fair game. I think the best way to do it is to take the best version of said character. To use an example from the last tournament. Lets say we had Shockwave, who was obvioulsy portrayed better in the comic. Than take the comic version of that character. If the other opponent was portrayed better in the cartoon than take the cartoon version of that character. We are basically just having character face character so it does leave a little open for interpretation. I dont want to limit it to just one medium though because I want more people to be able to participate not JUST those who were into the comics, or just those into the cartoons etc.

6. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

Hell Yeah!

Tournament #2!

I gotta break out the dictionary,thesaurus & encyclopedia to get ready for Smog's posts. :lol 

7. PB379

PB379 Autobot

Hahahahaha, so true.

Anyway, I am looking forward to this one.

8. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    Great to have you back Solo!!!! You were missed!

9. omegagoalie

Ebay:
    The problem with Smog's post is he uses 100,000 words but only 4 are relative to the subject at hand:p 

Don't get me started on the Klingon's posts.....

10. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    I'm just hoping they are all ready to go at it again - Hopefully sto is feeling a lot better these days - feel free to PM people and tell them to be ready to battle on friday!!

11. Da_Last_2_Walk

Sup bro?

You ready to do this one more again!

12. Da_Last_2_Walk

Agreed!

We can't forget about Sto!

13. omegagoalie

Ebay:
    You got it my good man. (Takes a knee and bows head) I'd like to thank you for all the work you've done getting this second round together. I LOVED the 1st round and with the improved guidelines this 2nd round is going to be the best one yet. I don't see how anyone could NOT like what you put on here. I'm PUMPED for Friday's kickoff!!

Till all are one!!!

14. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

Looks good. Hoping that G1 HardHead and G1 Roadbuster are included :thumb 
    Probably won't make it far, but it will be fun to see.

15. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    Guess you will have to wait and see...haha

16. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Woo hoo heres to the hours of my life and sleep I'll lose debating in this!

17. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

aww yeah, lets do this. Also, damn all the haters of this tourney, damn them all to hell.

18. Allsparky

Allsparky Bayou Buah/Ex cross-tie walker!

Bring it baby! Bring the rain!

19. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    The tournament will begin in about 12 hours!!

Spread the word!

20. omegagoalie

Ebay:
    Only a few more hours! Who's ready!!!??