2nd Japanese classic exclusive seeker?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Ricochet, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Ricochet

Ricochet The Nerve Hammer

News Credits:
    ah, I noticed a misunderstanding about this topic right now.
    this exclusive is NOT ONE item that will be sold at both stores.
    EACH store will have EACH exclusive item. so number of exclusive item are TWO.

http://www.ganbo-store.com/news/article_1501_34.jsp

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

my guess is it's sunstorm

3. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

I agree with some of the people here in predicting Skywarp.

Given the tendency for Henkei! to be slight repaints of existing classics molds and colors, I'd put my money on existing figures before obscure or custom jobs. If wishes were fishes, we'd get Thundercracker, but I just don't see that happening. Not anytime soon anyways. If there are two exclusives, MAYBE.

In any case, it's like Alien Vs. Predator: whoever it is, we all lose. It's a Japanese store exclusive, which always means taking a significant hit to the wallet, either through ebay scalpers or scalpers masquerading as online import toy stores... It's gonna hurt any way you slice it.

Which is why I kinda hope it IS Skywarp. So I can avoid having to buy 'em.

4. Ecmagee1984

Ecmagee1984 Big E

Ebay:
    Sunstorm

5. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Two exclusive items?

Skywarp and Thundercracker, most likely.

At least I hope it's not Sunstorm, because I don't want to deal with the hassles and expense of finding it.

Chris

6. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Half price? Out of curiosity, how much is that in $? If it's affordable I'll buy it...

The deal with the Botcon set is, guys like me who live in Central Europe and don't have a chance to go to Botcon could only get it through scalpers and Ebay... you can guess the prices. And unlike USA citizens, my salary as a biologist here in my country doesn't pay me enough to be able to afford that much for these very cool toys (truly Classics is the best series since G1 IMHO...) - I'm happy if I can afford to spend 50$ a month on TFs, sometimes more if I manage to sell some european exclusive I find here for a good price (like the above-mentioned AM Thundercracker, brrr those colors give even me the creeps and I've found that toy quite often).

In the past Botcon sets were easily avoidable by me as I never cared for some crappy newcomer repaints like Apelinq or Primal Prime or whatnot... But I think Hasbro really missed the cue with the seekers. It's not true that the general public wouldn't have bought TC/Thrust/Dirge if released mass-produced. Just look at how Hasbro managed to sell the Armada seeker mold 5 times (Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Universe Ramjet, KB exlusive Screamer) or then there's the Titanium seeker mold, also repainted 3 times. And Cybertron Skywarp seems to be off the shelves sooner then Unicron he was released together with...

Thus I really hope that Takara will release all the seekers, however unlikely that is. (especially with Thrust)

7. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I thought international fans could buy non-attendee sets from FP? Or am I wrong?

8. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    guys.....this is a henkai exclusive, which means a character NOT released in america...which means...

NO SKYWARP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Hell yeah!

[​IMG]

10. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    :rock  me want

11. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

It's a Henkei exclusive, which means... it's a Henkei figure, and an exclusive. You're over-analyzing the ridiculously small amount of information we currently have.

12. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What's FP, to begin with? Besides, as I said above, it's mostly a money issue. And I recon that's pretty much everyone else's problem.

Because, it's pretty much like getting a japanese G1 Dinocasette (Graphy, Noise, etc...) I know from a very reliable source you can get these MIB for around 40$ in Japan in certain stores... But the Japanese simply don't sell them or anything else on the US Ebay. So you'd have to go to Japan to pick them up (costing a helluwa lot of money on plane tickets and hotels). Or you can buy it on Ebay from a lucky guy who spent a year in Japan and bought up all the japanese exclusives he could find...

Same with this set, I remember reading the TFW2005 headlines that they were pretty much sold out not soon after Botcon even began... So getting your hands on one would require being there and being very lucky (or getting an online reservation before, again I doubt I'd have made it in the line).

If Heinkei doesn't release the seekers, then I guess the Botcon seekers will too go up to my "to buy when I'm a millionaire" list along with the Dinocasettes, the Takara Headmaster Heads and Minerva... :( 

13. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    FP is Fun Publications, the convention organizers.

14. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    AWESOME!!! :) 

Seriously, I remember seeing AM TC in 1991 in the toystores and wondering about the mental states of the toy color designers even as a kid.

Or why Scorponok is now Double Punch and why Omega is only 'Spreem' not Supreme... :) 

Oh those wacky hippy years, when TFs wore neon and GI Joe Toxic Troopers had the colors of the rainbow...

15. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Damn I hope it's Sunstorm!!:drool: 

Of course generic Seekers would be cool also, either way, I'm buying them!:thumb 

16. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Includes bonus 3" Titanium remold!
    [​IMG]

DN

17. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Bah, gimme the Action Master Thundercracker Robot Hero exclusive variant instead. :p 

I'm sure there's a way to modify the original AM colors into something crazy but palatable for a wider audience. Just don't ask me how to actually do that...

18. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll hope for a G1 acurate Skywarp to go with my Henkie Starscream and BC Thundercracker. If Henkei does give us a G1 colored Ramjet, the circle will be complete and I'll have one kick-ass display.

Sunstorm would be cool too, but I'm thinking that may be the draw figure for the clone set.

19. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    personally, I'd be most happy if it was Ghost starscream, as that's not something anyone can take and make themselves. Only guys with a good deal of money and the know-how to casting could. At least with the others, there's a lot larger number of people who can repaint existing ones into the other paint schemes, or swap wings even.

20. butz

butz slippery when wet

I kinda hope it's a generic seeker (like from MMtE) but the exclusive status worries me that it'll cost an arm and leg to get him :(