2nd In Command and Lieutenant Commander

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Optimus Convoy, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Optimus Convoy

Optimus Convoy Well-Known Member

Autobots have Ultra Magnus as 2nd in command and Sky Lynx and Grimlock as the Lieutenant Commander. Starscream is 2nd in command and Soundwave as Lieutenant Commander for the Decepticons. If G1 never ended the series and have the Headmasters, Targetmasters, Powermasters and Micromasters TV series do you guys think its better that Fortress Maximus/Cerebros take over as 2nd in command and have Magnus as Lieutenant Commander for the Autobots and have Scorponok/Zarak take over as 2nd in command and Sixshot as Lieutenant Commander for the Decepticons?

2. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Naw.

If'n the Transformers run themselves like a legitimate military organization, you can't just run around replacing your second-in-commands.

Besides that, just 'cause you kick ass doesn't make you a good leader. Six Shot might be crazy vicious, but that doesn't mean 'Cons would follow him well.

3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hm. Not really. As already stated... just because someone is big and powerful or just because they're an awesome fighter doesn't mean that they can actually lead. Actually, based on what I've seen of Headmasters... Fortress/Fortress Maximus was a horrible leader.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Way I see it, it's more like squad commanders.

Optimus / Megatron are their respective sides' leaders.

Each has their immediate subordinates, their lieutenants.
    Then you've got guys like Countdown or Bludgeon, who are the leaders of the "specials", individual units within the larger army. As the series expands, with new types of characters, I see it more as bringing new teams into the battle, rather than replacing previous leaders. A huge war like what you see in the series is never going to have a small core and a single front. I think the IDW series pulls it off very well in this respect. They've also got a decent way of organising the vast Decepticon and Autobot armies more or less like I described above (except, theirs is not gimmick oriented, a blessing I guess if you're trying to figure out where no-leader groups like Triggerbots fit in.)

5. Optimus Convoy

Optimus Convoy Well-Known Member

Fort Max was really a bad leader? I only got to watch some of the Headmasters episodes. I thought he was a decent leader.

6. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Fort Max was a very level headed commander. I guess you kinda had to be with Chromedome thinking he was a cowboy.

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I guess. Admittedly I've only watched half the series, but I just kept thinking that he was being more overly cautious than level headed...

Chromedome I thought was a great leader actually. Guess I just prefer action to words myself. Words are great, but they just don't seem to get you any place without the will to back those words up.

8. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    2nd in command is a position, a job, and Lieutenant Commander is a military rank. Two different things. The 2nd in Command could be a Commander, a Lieutenant, a Major General, etc...his rank doesn't matter just as long as its high enough for the job and isn't higher than that of the Supreme Commander.

And in any military organization, its proper to address someone by rank, not by job, so you would have multiple people addressed as 'Lieutenant Commander', 'Sergeant', etc., regardless of their actual jobs.

--Moony