Minor/Repaint: 2nd Custom : ROTF Ravage

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Ironkorr, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Ironkorr

Ironkorr Ironkorr Customs

Ebay:
    Hey guys,
    This is my second custom. As a few of you may know, SonOfNemesis helped me out and showed me the basics of custom painting. After a grueling 6.5 hours of trying to paint a ROTF stye Ravage into a nice shiny metal and, at the same time, come up with my own style, my end result was this.
    I just want to say that I've officially taken the next step and have made my own style. Of course I will further expand on that as I make more customs. I would also like to say that SON let me use his light box earlier today so I could take these HD pictures, instead of using my crappy camera.

Okay, so when making this I wanted to really bring out a shiny metal look to Ravage. I remember in the movie his metal was almost like a mirror, so I went for something like that. And I got to something close, unfortunately the white bg doesn't bring out the glare-points (no gloss was used), but when you hold it up to a light at all different angle it really comes to life. He is nearly complete, I was going to add some light damage to his feat an I still have to fill in the screw wholes and maybe some gold when I get the paint.
    I did not paint this to transform, in fact I glued his chest and rear inner thighs, the part that slides up and down, so it is permanently in Ravage mode. My next custom I am planning to transform so stay tuned.

Any tips or criticism is appreciated.

I will also attempt to make a video for this at some point, hopefully tomorrow, for my youtube account.. which I will have to make, so I will update on that soon. Check ebay in a couple days you might see it!
    Ebay name : Ironkorr, just like my deviant account

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

Like I said earlier man, this is very impressive!

3. Wave1

Wave1 Well-Known Member

Must me Ravage week lol. You did a good job on this. Painting can be a pain sometimes but its well worth it. Keep up the good work man.

4. legolas grof

legolas grof Cardboard Industries CEO

News Credits:
    Sweet job dude, The last pic makes him look like he's got buck teeth lol :lol 

5. Roxxstar

Roxxstar Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This is great, though more rust spots or some other colors might help break up the monotone :) 

6. Ironkorr

Ebay:
    Thanks man, I tried a few different things with this, it came out mostly how I pictured but I'm till sharpening my skills.

Yeah the first 3 hours were gruesome, I almost put it down and wanted to wait but I held out. Once it came to detailing it was way more fun and held my attention a lot better.

I thought the same thing haha

Yeah I did have a lot of colors at first, but adding the highlights really brought them down. If you look at it while holding it you see a lot more, I think the white bg just brought out all of the lighter tones and made the darker/colors a lot more subtle. Lesson learned, next time I will have to get a black bg.

Thanks for the comments guys and the critiquing. I didn't get around to a youtube/paypal account today, definitely no later than sunday though.

7. Long_Haul

Long_Haul N*ggacon

A round of applause for his 2nd Custom Ya'll, Great work, i would put in a little gold apps to break things up

8. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

nice paint job all around man!

9. Ironkorr

Ebay:
    Thanks LH, doing my best. Yeah I was thinking of it, gotta get the paint first tho. Next paycheck hah.

Thanks lungz, I'm working on another now.

10. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

You should mod the teeth to be more accurate man!

11. Ironkorr

Ebay:
    YEah maybe on the next one, just put this on ebay btw. Setting up paypal took forever.