28 Weeks Later

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gnaw, May 13, 2007.

1. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Didn't see a thread for this movie yet, so decided to start this one.

I just came back from watching it and I must say, one of THE scariest movie's I have ever seen. Everything was fast paced, and very close up. And this was intensified for me, as I was in the first 2 rows, literally right in front of the screen. Amazing movie though.

Anyone else watch it?

2. Zerus

Zerus Banned

damn! i forgot it came out!
    i definately plan on seeing it...

3. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Was acutely just asking people on MSN about this to see if it was any good. If a lot of people are coming back from this satisfied I'm definitely going to go see it, looks really good from the previews I've seen.

4. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

All my friends liked it (I went with 4 other people), and it's getting pretty decent reviews. If you liked the first one, you'll enjoy this one.

On a side note, the soundtrack in this movie is killer (not a pun). I looked on iTunes, but did not see one.

5. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    So, it is a sequel to 28 Days, which I wanted to see, and MISSED. Now, 28 WEEKS later is out and I want to see it! I like Zombie movies, even if they use the same old rehashed ideas. I love Shaun of the Dead, and horror/comedy type movies.

6. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

No worries, there aren't any direct referances to old characters. And they explain the general plot anyways. And it's NOT a rehased idea. It is one of the most original film concepts I have encountered in horror films as of late.

A few examples (No spoilers, don't worry):

1) It does not have a crazy, flexible, undead asin girl stalking the main characters.

2) Some of the best camera shots I have seen in a movie. Very upclose and personal, as though filmed with a handheld.

3) You feel connected to the characters, as though you're running from zombies with them in the movie.

7. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    Heh, sweet. I was worried it would refer to the old movie like some horror movie sequels do. I never saw SAW 1, 2, or 3. Never fascinated by them.

8. ABH1979

ABH1979 Blue Boba Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

Twitter:
    Pinterest:
    Is Cillian Murphy in the sequel?

9. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

If it was as original has Undead and Slither I bet its great. Interesting, 28 Days Later is one of the few Zombie movies I've never able to finish. Some freaky shit going on in that movie...

10. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    Heh, I have yet to finish the Amityville Horror remake. I keep starting it, but not finishing it. :) 

I like my horror movies to have GENUINE frights and not just blood, guts and gore.

11. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

I really liked the first one, I was definitely pleasantly suprised when I watched it, so I'm sure I'll be watching this soon, this is a good summer for movies, better than in recent years if memory serves me right.

12. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    Nope, and I like his acting.

13. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Things like AMityville don't scare me, but movies like Cabin Fever and the original The Hills Have Eyes scare the piss out of me. I guess cause they could really happen.

14. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Haven't seen it yet; I hope it's better than the first one. To me, that movie felt like it had an absolute lack of soul put into it.

15. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Night of the living dead, start with that one or better yet if you want to get real Technical, start with Zombie! You will learn all their is to know about Zombies from the old Zombie movies and most of them tie together.

16. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

glad to see that people think its good, i'm always worried with sequels of good movies.

17. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

I can't for the life of me track down a DVD of 28 Days Later (in stores that is - I loathe buying movies online). Maybe I'll catch them both on DVD later. But right now seems better because I'm munching down on horror movies left and right. It's a shame the original isn't getting much promotion. Everytime I'm in stores, the only movie I see with "28 Days" in the title is a Sandra Bullock movie. :eek: 

18. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    I saw the movie a couple of days ago, I must say that the visuals were great but throughout the whole movie I just wanted to punch the 2 kids in the face. They were hateable (is that a word, I don't feel like checking) from the start. Who in their straight mind would go into a contaminated area? WHO SERIOUSLY!!! Knowing what the virus does and they go there thinking its ok?? Come on. I just wanted them to die from the get-go. Final verdict:

Visuals = GREAT
    Story = Good
    Kids = Must Be Dealt With

19. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

QFT! Supid Kids! They should have been killed right off the bat. Dumbasses.

20. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Oh god the concept for the first one was awful, rage infected monkey, to quote Shaun of the dead "bollocks" and the army instead of saying lets get our shit together get air born and see if the rest of the world is infect and get survivors together, they go fuck it lets hold up some where and rape all women we find to repopulate the country, sorry if that has ruined the first one for you but believe me you are missing nothing. 28 days later, worst film I ever paid to see.

28 weeks: same concept + it a sequel + did some one say annoying kids = I'll be saving my money this time around.