Non-TF: 25th joe into Solid Snake

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Bumble Prime, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

UPdated!!! Behold!!!!

basically its a snake eyes with a cobra infantry harness and a new wave obi wan head with some moderate mods. ( shaved his beard, sunk his cheeks in, and lots of paint)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

Forthcoming waves in the near future will include:

Wave 2: Beachhead, Lady Jaye, Buzzer, Serpentor from the Devil's Due comics, a single carded Cobra Trooper with silver Cobra symbol

Wave 2 Cobra Five Pack: 3 Cobra trooper re-paints, a Storm Shadow re-paint, and a Cobra Commander 5-pack repaint

Wave 3: Red Ninja, Shipwreck, Zartan, Stalker, Firefly

Shipwreck seems to come closest from those, and that doesn't really work b/c he's got the hat, and too much facial hair.

From my understanding, the Marvel Legends Showdown heads are somewhat compatible with the 25th Joes. But I can't think off the top of my head who would fit their, either. If they had a Longshot, then that could work, b/c of the mullet. Ultimately, you might want to consider getting some epoxy putty and doing some work on a generic face like Duke's (or maybe Serpentor's. I think that his helmet will be removable, and he might have more of a scowl that could work for Snake).

3. karamazov80

Forthcoming waves in the near future will include:

Wave 2: Beachhead, Lady Jaye, Buzzer, Serpentor from the Devil's Due comics, a single carded Cobra Trooper with silver Cobra symbol

Wave 2 Cobra Five Pack: 3 Cobra trooper re-paints, a Storm Shadow re-paint, and a Cobra Commander 5-pack repaint

Wave 3: Red Ninja, Shipwreck, Zartan, Stalker, Firefly

Shipwreck seems to come closest from those, and that doesn't really work b/c he's got the hat, and too much facial hair.

From my understanding, the Marvel Legends Showdown heads are somewhat compatible with the 25th Joes. But I can't think off the top of my head who would fit their, either. If they had a Longshot, then that could work, b/c of the mullet. Ultimately, you might want to consider getting some epoxy putty and doing some work on a generic face like Duke's (or maybe Serpentor's. I think that his helmet will be removable, and he might have more of a scowl that could work for Snake).

4. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I did a Solid Snake a few years ago using some of the spytroops figures. I'm anxious to see how yours turns out

5. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I did a Solid Snake a few years ago using some of the spytroops figures. I'm anxious to see how yours turns out

6. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pics. I demand pics.

I've always had an idea for Solid Snake in the back of my head...and just never had the time. I've even tried looking up customs on Google...but never get anywhere...

7. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pics. I demand pics.

I've always had an idea for Solid Snake in the back of my head...and just never had the time. I've even tried looking up customs on Google...but never get anywhere...

8. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
  9. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
  10. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Chicks dig the Mutt!

News Credits:
    Anyone else seen the box sets that are out there? First I ever heard/saw of them was strolling through K-Mart killing time. They're either the first five Joes of the five first Cobra agents per box and they come with a little display piece that plays a portion of the original theme song. Kinda cool and only 26 bucks.

11. Hicks_Royel

News Credits:
    Anyone else seen the box sets that are out there? First I ever heard/saw of them was strolling through K-Mart killing time. They're either the first five Joes of the five first Cobra agents per box and they come with a little display piece that plays a portion of the original theme song. Kinda cool and only 26 bucks.

12. Bumble Prime

yeah those are the joes im using........

i have found these small figures online from Metal Gear Solid 2 figure collection.

they are small pvc figures that dont move, but are the perfect size to rob a head off of. But.........the cheapest i can find is 60 shipped for a case and i cant find a lone solid snake. Ideally a marvel legends showdown figure, The smaller scale that come with missile launchers would work. So im looking to see which one i can sculpt up, seeing as they are more readily available than joes right now and would probably be easier to carve up.

oh and no mullet needed, cuz he didnt get that till mgs2.

keep the suggestions coming!

[​IMG]
    this is what im aiming for, but joe size

i also found that the collection 2 of the same figure series has a Ninja suit olga that i could rob and do a ninja custom..... but they are like 250 shipped on ebay........

13. Bumble Prime

yeah those are the joes im using........

i have found these small figures online from Metal Gear Solid 2 figure collection.

they are small pvc figures that dont move, but are the perfect size to rob a head off of. But.........the cheapest i can find is 60 shipped for a case and i cant find a lone solid snake. Ideally a marvel legends showdown figure, The smaller scale that come with missile launchers would work. So im looking to see which one i can sculpt up, seeing as they are more readily available than joes right now and would probably be easier to carve up.

oh and no mullet needed, cuz he didnt get that till mgs2.

keep the suggestions coming!

[​IMG]
    this is what im aiming for, but joe size

i also found that the collection 2 of the same figure series has a Ninja suit olga that i could rob and do a ninja custom..... but they are like 250 shipped on ebay........

14. Hicks_Royel

News Credits:
    You might try wading through the yojoe.com website looking for reasonable faces. Unfortunately, for the newer waves only Flint and Duke really meet the need. You might also dig around in the Star Wars Universe for a face. People were doing neat things with a repainted [white] Lando there for a while... or maybe a newer Fett.

15. Hicks_Royel

News Credits:
    You might try wading through the yojoe.com website looking for reasonable faces. Unfortunately, for the newer waves only Flint and Duke really meet the need. You might also dig around in the Star Wars Universe for a face. People were doing neat things with a repainted [white] Lando there for a while... or maybe a newer Fett.

16. karamazov80

If you are talking about the Kubrick figures, the Snake with orange and gray camo is pretty common, and usually goes for around 20 bucks on eBay. Here is one currently on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MEDICOM-KUBRICK...ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

However, those heads may look a little strange on a Joe body. If you were interested in the older, non-25th anniversary 3 3/4 inch Joes, you may want to check out a guy by the name of Outback, who looks like Chuck Norris a bit, but would make a decent, bearded Snake if you re-painted his hair. Make a search for him on Yojoe.com for a look.

17. karamazov80

If you are talking about the Kubrick figures, the Snake with orange and gray camo is pretty common, and usually goes for around 20 bucks on eBay. Here is one currently on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MEDICOM-KUBRICK...ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

However, those heads may look a little strange on a Joe body. If you were interested in the older, non-25th anniversary 3 3/4 inch Joes, you may want to check out a guy by the name of Outback, who looks like Chuck Norris a bit, but would make a decent, bearded Snake if you re-painted his hair. Make a search for him on Yojoe.com for a look.

18. Bumble Prime

19. Bumble Prime

20. Bumble Prime

ill bump this one more time to see if anyone knows of a good head to use......

ive pretty much hit a wall......