25th Anniversary/Wishes for '09

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lbsammills51, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With 2009 being the official 25th Anniversary of Transformers (god I feel old), I was curious if people have certain hopes and wishes for toys to be released or this year or planned for the future. It'd be nice if Hasbro did something special, besides the 25th Anniversary Prime and special packaging with other figures. These wishes can range from what most of us here may think as realistic (certain characters eventually getting reissues, Animated or Classics figures, for example) to the highly improbable pipe dream. What about stuff I'm unfamiliar with, like Beast Wars, Armada, Energon or Robots in Disguise line figures getting reissues? Or Masterpieces even? Think of it as the 'what do we want Fansproject to make next' thread, but covering everything.

My own would be:

Plans by Takara to eventually reissue all remaining Transformers who were in the G1 pilot who don't already have a reissue, plus a few more of the more popular characters. Yes, some of molds are lost/destroyed...so what? I'd love to see it. If some of molds are lost (or nabbed by people who make knockoffs), get them back. If they're destroyed, reverse-engineer the originals. Wheeljack, Mirage, Sunstreaker, Reflector, Rumble and a fivepack of Minicons with the original five (Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Brawn, Huffer and Gears) plus all five Dinobots, Ramjet, Thrust, Jetfire, Frenzy, and all six Constructicons/Devastator would be my wish list, plus whichever Combiner Brawl was a part of (can't remember). I wouldn't mind seeing more Targetmaster stuff too(I had Quake and Scoop as a kid).

Movie figures that aren't such a pain in the ass to transform. I shouldn't have to struggle, as an adult, to transform one of these things for 40-60+ minutes (with the Voyagers at least). Trying to replicate the complicated transformations made by the characters in the films is a nice idea, but a bit annoying for a toy. Plus if I were a kid, I couldn't imagine playing with any of them and enjoying them very much. Part of the fun of having transforming toys is, well, transforming them. Imagine setting up a big battle and having every robot dramatically transform and jump into battle? Kind of hard to do that very quickly if you have to stop and take forever to get everything to robot mode. After buying them for myself, I'd only buy these toys for a kid if either 1. they REALLY wanted them, 2. I didn't like the kid or 3. I didn't like the kid's parents. I wonder if Movie figures might get slightly better reviews if Hasbro concentrated more on easy transformations, playability and how they look in robot mode. Posability is decent considering how bulky they can be, but the other two aren't qualities aren't in abundance for me. I'm not a collector who demands a complex transformation, and if I were a kid I damn well wouldn't want something like that. I'd be quite fine with Movie figures with 'boring' transformations; just look slick when I stand you on my shelf, guns blazing and in an 'Eff You' pose.

More mainstay characters showing up in Animated and eventually getting figures. Wheeljack, Perceptor, Hot Rod, Ironhide, Brawn and apparently Blackout (more Movie, but whatever) have shown up or concept drawings have appeared. It'd be fun to see the remaining Dinobots, Devastator, Inferno, Brawl and Mirage. Plus, new characters that I like as much as Bulkhead (and get figures I actually like, unlike Lockdown and Oil Slick).

Classics releases (eventually) for Shockwave, Soundwave and Voyagers of Blitzwing and Brawl. Oh, and redo Galvatron as a Voyager cannon of some sort that doesn't suck and a new Classics Devastator with all six Constructicons that are bigger in size.

3-inch Titanium figures that were never released (movie and G1, at least) getting released. It burns my ass that Robot Heroes lives on as the mighty-mite Transformers of choice by Hasbro (twopacks even!) when the mini-Titaniums got the axe, especially since the Titaniums look so much better (to me). Sorry, I'm very bitter about this. Part of the reason I started picking up Transformers up again is I got a G1 3-inch Prime as a gag gift and liked it so much I took it to work to display at my desk. My nostalgia extends to this line as well.

Kaiyodo releasing some new Revoltech Transformers. I love those little guys, they're great. Grimlock, Soundwave, Jetfire and Shockwave would be great. Hell, even the standard Thundercracker/Skywarp repaints of the Starscream mold would be nice.

Takara picking back up the Hybrid Style line. The baby Masterpieces are nice...unusually small, even compared to Revoltech, but very slick. However, Prime and Nemesis Prime seem out of place without Megatron, Starscream, the usually-inevitable Ultra Magnus-Prime repaint and others.

Masterpiece Shockwave, Jetfire or Soundwave with Lazorbeak, Ravage, Rumble and Frenzy. Masterpiece Bumblebee and Cliffjumper would be fun too (and easier for me to pick up considering the likely drop in price and less room they'll take up on my ever-busy shelves!). I wouldn't recommend all of those coming out in one calendary year (hard on the wallet), but hearing plans for future releases would be fun to look forward to. I'm already giddy for Grimlock.

Reconsidering original G1 molds to tweak them a bit. I'm thinking of the Minicons and Combiners, mostly. Bump up the size at least a bit for the Minicons, and Voyagerize the Combiners a bit. Each individual Constructicon should be closer in size to Inferno and not Jazz (or smaller). Brawl was a tank. Quake was a tank. I had both as a kid. Quake looked a helluva lot more like a tank than Brawl. Though an accurate 'to scale' line may be a logistical nightmare (especially 25 years later for G1 molds) and unnecessary, seeing a tank that looks closer in size to a clown car is a bit odd. Plus, I always thought, even as a kid, that the Combiners should tower over everything. If it's mostly adults that buy reissues, than I wouldn't worry about the impact on kids (namely, size on toyshelves and relation to stock and price).

2. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    mine;s a bit.. simpler, lol

Trailbreaker and Hoist (repaintsof eachother, new mold)
    CJ rerelease, different deco
    Wheeljack and Tracks, same situation as Hoist
    BEAST WARS!!! more please!
    Soundwave
    Shockwave

if the line continues to live, thats my wishlist
    also for every animated and movie character to get at least one toy representation of themselves

3. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    Universe Jhiaxus.

That's honestly the only thing I want.

4. Iron Spider-Man

Iron Spider-Man Banned

News Credits:
    Like 2/3 of the thread (so far anyway), I want a Classics Wheeljack, Shockwave and Soundwave. I hope that if nothing else, they do an Animated Wheeljack by the end of the year. Right now the odds are best for Classics Wheeljack and Soundwave, with Shockwave not so likely due to the recent release of his Animated counterpart, unfortunately... but hey, we can hope. :O

5. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wish the Classics/Universe line would be a constant instead of going on Hiatus again and Hasbro saying "We might bring it back after the movie has had it's run!". Thus makes some of the ones that buy the Classics line worry and develop a love hate relationship with the movie toys.:D 

6. OldDirtyBot

OldDirtyBot ODB

I hope the MP line continues and they start putting a little more effort into them for the price they charge. From Megs breaking from transformations and his cosmic rust feet to Skywarp's reversed boobs, the QC needs to improve. They should do more than just repaint Prime and the same seeker molds over and over. I will end up with Grimlock I am sure, but it would have been nice to see an entirely new design rather than just a big version of his original G1. These should be true Masterpieces. They need to hire F_R fersur. But in 2-3 years, having 25-30 MP's would be a pretty nice collection itself.

As for reissues, I'd love to start seeing the Victory\Masterforce\Headmaster bots brought back. Though most would be a tough sell except to collectors.

7. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz Autobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    More Beast Wars.

8. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    For the 25th anniversary universe:

-Wing Saber (g1 japanese)
    -Trypticon and Omega Supreme new bases.

...other than that darkwind is coming soon!!! Yeeee. My Childhood jet returns.

Animated:
    -Wheeljack, Perceptor, Blackout, Beachcomber, Strika, Slapper, devestator and Rodimus Prime toys.

Movie:
    Less frat boy comedy. More Action in the fillm. :bay  It will be a great year if everyone can find what they need without scalpers. :scalper 

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    encore thyripticon please!!!!!!!!!

10. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I can see the desire for re-issues or encores, but I'd rather see updated versions rather than recycles. Classics is doing a pretty good job of this, and with the aforementioned hiatus (understandable since the only thing 'driving' this line is collectors, meaning no associated movie or show), maybe Hasbro will use the time to bring some old favorites to life.

As for 2009 wishes, I'd first like to see figures that actually have a chance of seeing production.
    -Animated Omega Supreme
    -Classics Shockwave and Soundwave

My dream line (or at least Classics inclusion) would be TransTech. There were three figures that made it to prototype, so why not finish them?

11. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Remake the rest of the Maximal cast from BW, they've got Dinobot and Cheetor so far and "announced" Rhinox the same way they announced Sunstreaker and Prowl waaay back.

Awesome movie toys. From what little we've seen of Prime, that's fulfilled.

Masterpiece Rodimus Prime\Soundwave\Shockwave.

12. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    G1-Kup,BLURR,Wheeljack,Jazz,Acree,Elita One,Moonracer,Chromia,Firestar,Perceptor,Slag,Sludge,Snarl,Swoop,Laserbeak/Rumble Legends 2-pack,Buzzsaw/Frezny Legends 2-pack,Steeljaw/Eject Legends 2-Pack,Ramhorn/Rewind Legends 2-pack,Fort Max,Omega Sumpere,Shockwave,Predacons/Predaking 5-pack & G1 deco of Primus.

BW-Waspinator,Rattrap,Grimlock,Ravage,Tigatron,Airazor,Blackarachina,Scropinok,Fuzor Silverbolt,Quickstrike,Legends Beast Megatron,Legends Optimus Primal,Legends Cheetor,Legends Dinobot & Legends Rhinox.

13. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Triple changing Autobots, Hasbro!!!

14. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

I want a Straxus figure!

15. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    A Grapple remold from Universe Inferno. I think all we'd need is a crane in place of the missile launcher.

16. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

Universe:
    Trailbreaker
    Grapple (Inferno redeco)
    Red Alert in the US
    the US to eventually get the Takara takes on Dirge and Trust
    Blitzwing
    a Voyager or bigger Galvatron
    Headmasters! (Chromedome, Brainstorm, Hardhead, Highbrow, Weirdwolf, Skullcruncher, Mindwipe as deluxes Skorpinok and Fortress Maximus, supreme size of course)
    Targetmaster Scourge, since we have Cyclonus now
    a deluxe Brawn
    Star Sabre and Deathsaurus released as Ultras

Animated
    Wheeljack
    Perceptor
    Insecticons (hopefully hell, Kickback and Shrapnel)
    the remaining Dinobots (Sludge and the true Snarl, or will he be Striker now?)
    Wheeljack

17. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Re-issue LioKaiser & Re-issue MetalHawk. WHY HASN'T THIS BEEN DONE YET!?

18. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

Masterpiece Devastator. Same as G1 (but higher quality)------ bigger, better and badder! Standing 1.5-2 ft tall!

All 6 robots could be purchased seperately or you could buy them all in one set.
    $50./per or $250. for the set. Seems reasonable :D 

I wouldn't mind a Masterpiece G1 type Jetfire either.

19. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Oh joy, YET ANOTHER "WHICH FIGURE DO WE WANT IN UNIVERSE" THREAD.

And when someone responds to this and says "But it's also figures that we want to see reissued, in Masterpiece, in Animated, or in ROTF", it doesn't make much of a difference, IMO. When you tear it down, it's the same damn thing. I'm getting tired of this...

Now that THAT rant is over, I might as well post what I want to see...for the umpteenth time (whoa, deja vu):

-Universe Wheeljack
    -Universe Trailbreaker
    -Universe Jazz
    -The rest of the Dinobots (Grimlock already got a Classics mold, why not the other four? Oh right, Hasbro can't use the name Slag, can they?...That's stupid)
    -Masterpiece Galvatron
    -Hasbro reissues of G1 Rumble and Frenzy, or new Universe molds for them
    -Universe Windcharger
    -Universe Hoist
    -Universe Grapple (As a remold of Inferno)
    -Universe Red Alert (if we're getting a Henkei Red Alert, a Universe Red Alert's bound to happen sooner or later)
    -Universe Armada Sideswipe (Seriously, if Hot Shot could get a better mold, I'm sure Sideswipe can do the same)
    -Universe Rhinox
    -Universe BW Inferno
    -Universe Tigatron (though I think it'll probably end up as a repaint of Universe Cheetor)
    -Re-release of BW Cybershark, my FAVORITE BEAST WARS TOY!
    -Universe Blitzwing
    -Universe Broadside
    -Universe Sandstorm
    -Universe Soundwave
    -Universe Shockwave
    -Universe Headmasters and Targetmasters (Seriously, Hasbro, get on it)
    -Animated Wheeljack
    -Animated Perceptor
    -Universe Kup
    -Universe Blurr
    -Universe Rodimus Prime
    -Universe Insecticons
    -Universe Stunticons

There.

20. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

Universe LioKaiser
    Universe Shockwave