25th Anniversary Unicron (amazon exclusive)

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Valkysas, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Okay. My Amazon Unicron came, and is like this also. However at least the shells hold to each other okay, unlike my Takara 2010 Unicron.

Other comparisons:
    Takara's uses a bright orange that I suppose is more screen-accurate, but the Hasbro version has a darker golden orange that looks epic. The feet are darker gray on Hasbro's and blend in better in planet mode, the Takara version's feet stick out as bad as on the original Armada version. The one place the Takara version wins out is the paint wash on the shell and other areas that are exterior to planet mode, it helps the mold details show much better. Though the Hasbro version has some extra paint, notably the orange equator stripe but also some near the missile ports.

The one thing that makes this new Hasbro version stand out among all the previous versions is that damn light-up right hand. It no longer looks like it's made of glass. They've done something very clever, I'm not even sure what, but while still clear plastic there is a texture to it that makes it almost match the left hand in appearance when the LED is not active. Both new versions of Unicron dispense with the excess of clear plastic that the Armada version had, but only Hasbro's has a right hand that looks like it's all there. Genius.

2. Transfan2

Transfan2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Kranix (which I may have caused unintentionally) has a bit of a loose arm on him in robot mode.

His arm is on a pin so I am not sure how to fix it..so if anyone has any ideas or something, it would be welcomed as I don't want to make it worse.

-TF2

3. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I sort of "accidentally" bought this guy; I wasn't sure if I wanted to drop $60 right now, so I tried to add him to a preorder for the UK Classics Vol 2 comic that's coming out in February, but that didn't work as they shipped Unicron immediately. I could've tried to cancel the order but, obviously, I still wanted the toy, I just wasn't sure if I had the dough.

But anyway, I noticed Amazon was listing some of these as "Used" via the "Amazon Warehouse Deals" seller (rather than through Amazon.com itself). I didn't fully realize I had bought it used, and once that sunk in, I started to wonder if that meant I was getting someone's returned copy with the wrong-sided parts. When the figure came in, it certainly looked like an attempt at a resealed box; the plastic shell was banged up around the top and bottom and the top had a load of sloppy tape smacked around it.

However, the figure inside looked like it hadn't been removed from its ties, and the accessories inside of the box looked untouched. Happy to say, I got the correct-sided hemispheres and teeth. As for the reports of "some joints being very loose and others being scary tight," well, none of my joints are loose, and some are tight, but I wouldn't say alarmingly so.

Frankly, in spite of the "used" listing and the beat up shell, it looks like there isn't a damn thing wrong with my figure, and I'm quite happy with him. His color scheme is quite nice. I thought I was satisfied with my Armada Unicron, but I never realized just how yellow he was until now.

4. lagunareturns

lagunareturns Active Member

I just got him, Mighty impressed, the only issue I got is the shells can't peg into the feet (but it seems other people have the same issue), minor issue other than that its perfect

5. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, my entire Kranix minicon is screwed up. The left arm is loose so it just spins around and doesn't stay anywhere, the balljoints in the feet are way too stiff so I can barely move them (to the point where if I twist them I think they'll break off), and worst of all, the damn minicon post is TOTALLY broken off right out of the package. There's just a hole and a white circle of flash from the place it broke off.

I don't care about it enough to repack the entire thing and return it to TRU just to risk getting worse QC on Unicron, but it's still a bummer. I'll just buy one off someone else who doesn't want it or I'll just use the minicon that came with my old Armada Unicron.

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Actually normal. Mine was like that, and it was purchased the first day these went up for sale new.

7. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

the left arm of mine fell off without even transforming the thing. the QC/quality on him in general seems to be the "we dont care he isnt important" type

8. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Hot damn...
    I bow to you for enlightening me.

9. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    People didn't know the shells clip onto the wings like that?

10. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

i never had the chance to own this mold before so it was news to me, the instruction dont even tell you how to attach his wings let alone what to do with the shells

11. benzo

benzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    got this guy yesterday!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  13. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice pics & review, and I guess it couldn't hurt to mention that he'll be 40% off for the next couple of days (TRU Boxing day sales), so it should be 47 something is memory serves.

14. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I figured it would. I don't think I'll be able to buy one on the road though - no room!

I'll just have to be happy to have paid about $60 for it. Us Canadians really lucked out on this, in general.

15. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh definitely. I honestly wasn't expecting to have realistic access to this guy at all, let alone a 30% off sale, and then a 40% off one later on that I could adjust my bill to.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I got this on sale, too. First exposure to the mould. Fantastic. I just love this thing.