25th anniversary special

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by AniProwl, Jan 3, 2009.

1. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Should there be like a DVD special where it celebrates 25 years of Transformers like a reunion similar to the style of the upcoming TMNT 25th anniversary special in March/April?

I hope so :p 

2. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    I think a TV special would be nice. Like on the same date The Transformers was launched.

3. Desecrator

Desecrator Anti-Human

Maybe they will put a boxed set to blu ray?

4. Energon

Energon New Member

I think it would be cool if they did another animated (not TF:A) movie, but I doubt it would happen due to the release of the second live action movie.

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Seems like a good idea for one of those exclusive extra DVD promo deelies to go with the Movie's DVD/BluRay release.

6. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Be nice to air a TV special for Transformer's 25th anniversary. If not, then they could at least cave in to releasing a special-edition box set of Generation 1, all digitally remastered and what not.

If not... maybe, just maybe, they could mention something about it as an extra feature for the DVD release of TF-2?

7. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How about compiling all the animated shorts, OVAs, etc. from the various series and getting the non-English ones dubbed and releasing them in a set? You would have stuff like Zone, the Beast Wars II Movie (Is it BWII or Neo that had a movie?), The Theft Of The Golden Disk, the Robot Masters shorts along with DVD releases of most of the series that haven't yet been released by Paramount. G1 sets, BW sets, BM sets RiD sets, and Armada sets.

I'm fairly certain Paramount isn't going to touch the full Japan-only shows. So maybe Hasbro should license the distribution of those shows to an anime company like ADV, Bandai Ent (Not going to happen), or FUNimation.

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'd love to see a TF: Animated DVD special where Animated Optimus Prime is pulled into an extradimensional arena where his opponents are all Primes from other series and continuities. You could have some humour - Ginrai: "But I'm not a Prime, I'm just a Japanese trucker with a big robot that happens to look like Optimus Prime!" Gamesmaster: "Close enough." - and of course, for a final battle, you could have every Optimus team up to fight the Gamesmaster character.

Added points if said final fight also somehow involves a brigade of different Megatrons showing up.

Fanservice to the max, and for kids, a chance to see lots of cool robots - some of which are sitting in the back of the closet - all in action.

Of course if that happens, I definitely think we'd need Peter Cullen, Gary Chalk, Frank Welker, and Neil Kaplan as guest voices.

9. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    This

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Would be cool, but the way Hasbro seems to have put the 25th as something that isn't important I wouldn't expect much.

If they have something really big 25th planned after they get tired of movie repaints then maybe. Right now it just sort of feels like it's not an important to the company, thus why we face the line on hold again for the movie line even though 25 years of Transformers is a pretty big deal.

11. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    :bay :bay :bay :bay :bay  idea, Sol Fury

12. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    My idea's kinda different than Sol Fury's:

For the 25th Anniversary, Animated Optimus Prime is summoned by Primus, along with eight other Optimuses. They are:

-G1 Optimus Prime
    -Optimus Primal
    -RID Optimus Prime
    -Armada Optimus Prime
    -War Within Optimus Prime
    -Energon Optimus Prime
    -Cybertron Optimus Prime
    -Movie Optimus Prime

Primus informs them that former heralds of Unicron (G1 Cyclonus, Cybertron Sideways, and some generic Decepticon Seekers, all led by Nemesis Prime, an evil clone of the original Optimus Prime) have banded together to find a fragment of the chaos bringer's spark, which is hidden on the Earth's moon in Animated Prime's universe. Whoever possesses it shall become more powerful than all the Autobots and Decepticons put together from across all realities. The Optimuses naturally decide to stop Nemesis Prime before they succeed. It all ends up with the best transformation sequence ever, with the nine Optimuses transforming together at once and using their finishing attacks, killing Nemesis Prime and the fragment of Unicron's spark.

13. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    What a Documentary of The Transformers with host Tom Bergeron at the end Miley Cyrus sing The Touch.

14. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

[​IMG]

and we have a tie...

15. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    NO!

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

A Transformers documentary hosted by either Leonard Nimoy or Eric Idle and The Touch sang by Weird Al Yankovic :D 

Got to keep it all Transformers you know.

17. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

That would be EPIC.

18. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Maybe someone should ask this in either Toyfair 09, the next Hasbro Q&A, or BotCon (the latest)

19. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I'd love a documentary or all Prime animated special, but I'll settle for a series-by-series featurett on the "Revenge of the Fallen" DVD. :) 

20. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    so a new live action movie, an animated series, multiple comics, and 3 seperate TF toy lines are not sufficent to celebrate the 25th anniversary of TF?

Transformers started as a toy line and thats been honored with a re-release of the original Prime with a comic and a DVD, and a full toy line of new molds of characters from the past in Universe.

We're swimming in Transformers. I think we've got our reward, guys.